proceedure for getting 2014 battery to work in 2013 leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
baustin said:
SolarMike said:
Does anyone know precisely what is needed to get them to communicate?

You either have to take it to a dealer and get the battery pack paired to the car, or swap the BMS boards between the battery packs.

BMS boards AND wiring harness (inside the battery). In some cases, the wiring harness is different between model years and installing an incompatible BMS & wiring combination will fry the BMS.

mwalsh said:
Or... apparently some blokes in NZ have a dongle for the ODB II port that will match a second-hand pack to a car's VCM:

http://evsenhanced.com/products/hv-battery-pairing-tool/

Seems like something like this would be it's own sticky topic some where.

There will be several sticky topics, each with multiple but related links, when I get to it. That can go in one named something like "Battery Pack Repair & Replacement."

baustin said:
SolarMike said:

You either have to take it to a dealer and get the battery pack paired to the car, or swap the BMS boards between the battery packs.

Do they do this at all? I've always believed they refuse to.

baustin said:
SolarMike said:

There is a third party tool to pair the battery pack. I've not used it, and have no second hand reports of use.

http://evsenhanced.com/products/hv-battery-pairing-tool/

Can confirm that Cor has had a dealer pair a battery swap he performed. He swapped packs between two cars and thus was able to prove ownership of both cars and packs. If you had a random pack from a car but not the title, might be different...

Back