Post Your Order Details Here

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
techiefan said:
Canxteena said:
Hi everyone.
New to the forum

Just bought a 2018 Nissan Leaf SL with tech package, splash guards and carpeted floor mats. Ticketed price (including destination charge) was $38115.

Color: brilliant silver

OTD: $35,500 and includes 7 year bumper to bumper warranty

I live in California. I think I got a pretty good deal. Thoughts?

Also, can anyone point me in the right direction to find more information on installing an EV charger at home? Thanks!

I paid OTD 35,000 for roughly the same as your setup, mine has one more thing, can't remember. The car comes with the home charger, why do you need a second one? Only thing for Level 2 charging you need to add a 50 AMP outlet and breaker in your garage or outside.

The car should come with a mobile evse (aka travel charger). You could use that for your home use exclusively, but some might find it more convenient to keep the mobile evse in the car (just in case you go somewhere where evse's aren't available), and a dedicated one permanently wired at home.

I'm in New Jersey, USA. Just purchased a 2018 Gun Metallic SL that I pick up tomorrow for $31,600 out the door. We don't pay sales tax in NJ on EVs. The car has the following options:

SL Technology Package
Protection Package (Front and Rear Bumper Clear Protector)
Splash Guards
Carpeted Floor and Cargo Mats
All Weather Floor Mats
Cargo Net
Kick Plates
Safety Kit

I knew exactly what I wanted and decided that instead of the back and forth haggling, I'd just go in with a price that I wanted to pay out the door inclusive of all the BS fees that are tacked on. After some back and forth (it's like no matter what, they force you to go through that), we finally settled on the price I asked for along with 0% financing. I think I got a fair price?

amitjm1980 said:
I'm in New Jersey, USA. Just purchased a 2018 Gun Metallic SL that I pick up tomorrow for $31,600 out the door. We don't pay sales tax in NJ on EVs. The car has the following options:

SL Technology Package
Splash Guards
All Weather Floor Mats
Cargo Net
Kick Plates
Safety Kit

I knew exactly what I wanted and decided that instead of the back and forth haggling, I'd just go in with a price that I wanted to pay out the door inclusive of all the BS fees that are tacked on. After some back and forth (it's like no matter what, they force you to go through that), we finally settled on the price I asked for along with 0% financing. I think I got a fair price?

Enjoy! Looking back at my February details, I'd say that's a great price! Seems silly but I like all the floor mats, and protection package included. Other people on the board should feel good using your number as a pony.

simply said:
amitjm1980 said:

SL Technology Package
Splash Guards
All Weather Floor Mats
Cargo Net
Kick Plates
Safety Kit

Enjoy! Looking back at my February details, I'd say that's a great price! Seems silly but I like all the floor mats, and protection package included. Other people on the board should feel good using your number as a pony.

Yeah it's kind of weird that all those things like floor mats are "add-ons", but I guess most cars they have in stock come with them.

Just pitched an offer to a dealership for a pearl white SL 2018 Leaf- "Would you sell this car for $31,500?" Got a phone call in less than 5 mins.. sales wants me to come in.... test drive.. talk about a trade in.. etc...

After she was finished I said.. I'm not coming in unless we are ready to sign and take the car home, can you hit my number or not? She said she would get with her sales manager and get back to me...

we shall see....

Nissan is actually offering great incentives, at least in the Delaware/Mid Atlantic area. I just finalized a deal on mine and picking it up on Saturday! Even without my work discount, they were offering almost $7k in discounts.

SL with SL tech, carpet mats, splash guards (Black/Black)

MSRP $38,125
VPP price $35,468 (through my work as a corporate partner)
additional Faulkner discount - $487
MY 18 Leaf rebate -$1,000
NMAC captive cash - $2,000
Bonus cash - $2,500
Dealer cash - $1,000
(total rebates $6,500)
Your sale price is $28,481 plus tax and tags

From the Buffalo, NY area....

Currently trying to get a 2018 leaf SL. Yesterday was the last day of last month's incentives and rebates and there was only one SL in the area. When my guy went to grab the black/white SL , he was told by another dealership that it was sold a half hour ago prior, and that another dealership had also called trying to buy the same car. He told me 3 people trying to get the same leaf on the same day is rare. This offer won't be the same now with it being a new month but I assume it'll be close to this:

MSRP - $38,580
Discount -2,182
Selling Price $36,398
Rebate -7,500
Sub-Total $28,898
Fees 157.50
Tax 3191.39
Total OTD 32,246.89

He is going to call this morning and I gave him my alternate colors if I can't get the Grey Metallic. I plan on officially being an owner by Friday and I'll post again with what the numbers turned out to be in the end. (Fingers crossed)

Update:

The dealer manager has been looking and found one at another dealership and tomorrow I find out if it is available or not. If so , I'll be a first time ev owner by the end of the week!

Orange County, CA

2019 Nissan Leaf SL 36200
Protection 260
Splash Guards 200
Premium Paint 395
Carpeted floor mats and cargo mat 190
Technology Package 650
destination 895
sticker 38,790

$36,157
3,424.37 tax license, doc and garbage fees
-3,000 Southern California Edison Rebate
$36,581.37

Coming soon $7,500 Federal and $450 Southern Calif Edison EV rebate

28,631.37 net of all the incentives

Now all I need is the trunk organizer which seems hard to order.

BuffaloBillsfan said:
What do people put in the organizer? Mine is coming with one and I didn't even want it.

Wife likes to hide things and has used it in prior Leafs. Too bad you aren't in Southern CA and I would buy yours. Back ordered here

Black Leaf SV no options
Edited this to reflect a renegotiation to a better price.

MSRP $33850
Dealer discount $4186
Lease rebate state and Nissan $12000
Total lease payments 36 months $10268
Residual $11160

Total price $21428 includes taxes and fees

There will be taxes at the residual purchase and probably a fee, but I’m happy with the price.

Nissan dealer in CO

Asalvo said:
Black Leaf SV

MSRP $33850
Dealer discount $3879
Lease rebate $12000
Total lease payments 36 months $11260
Residual $11151

Total price $22411 includes taxes and fees

There will be taxes at the residual purchase and probably a fee, but I’m happy with the price.

Valley Nissan in CO

How many miles per year in lease?
Any money down?

So here is my deal:
Leased car, 3 years
$0 down, tax in monthly payment, 15K miles per year.
2018 SL model $36,200
SL Technology Package $650
Protection Package $245
Splash Guards $190
Mats and Cargo Mat $190
Cargo Organizer $230
Kick Plates $130
Safety Kit $ 75
Destination charge $885
________
MSRP $38,795

Monthly payment, includes tax $439
plus Road Hazard Warranty $ 8
________
$447 per month total.

Have the car less than 1 month, some observations:
1. My EV Connect on my phone does not work, not going into detail here, have done so on other posts.
2. Cargo Organizer is made like garbage, cheap, the covers don't fit right, they seem small.
3. Can't use a cargo net when you have cargo organizer, because it is covered up by cargo organizer, but would not want it anyway because one has the cargo organizer. Also size of net is a joke.
4. On the positive side, the car rides great, so smooth. Love the cruise control with lane assist, a little weird at first to get used to. the E-pedal is interesting, use it sometimes in slow moving traffic. I am using the EVSO cable as my main unit in the garage. Put in a 240 volt line, 50 amp breaker, 14-50 receptacle, #6 copper wire. Have found a few L2 charging stations in my area, they are free! Can't argue with that. One has been broken for a while now, I reported it, still broken. I have ConEd service, discovered that off-peak time (after midnight) is fraction of peak time cost, so timer in car set to charge after midnight.
5. Sound system (Bose) is quite good, looks like a subwoofer in the trunk area. Good front visibility. Comfortable driver seat, wish it had memory.
6. Cargo cover mat does not fit well, weird shape.
7. I never buy dealer add ons in the past. However in my last car, the low profile tires on my Volvo S60 were a nightmare. I blew out 3 tires going over potholes, some at very low speeds and at $350+ per tire, I thought that $8 per month which included "everything" was a good deal. I have to check the paperwork, might include rotation of tires, this way I don't have to pay the dealer at 7500, 15,000, etc to rotate tires. Not sure it is included.
8. You might be wondering the 15K miles per year, I am in sales, so need the miles. In my last car, turned in with close to 45K after 3 years. One year I was over and had to cough up some money to the leasing co.
9. I am enrolled in FleetCarma, they send you a small box that plugs into your OBD port. It tracks lots of info, but you get $150 for using it, and another $25 if you plug it in the week you get it, plus some discounts in the summer and other months from ConEd. Did not see a downside to this. I go online and look at the actual mileage I did. Tells me when I started and ended the trip.

Just picked up my white SV this past Tues. It has Navi but unsure what other options as I haven't had the time to go through it all. MSRP 34,450. Got a 3yr lease, 12k miles for $374 per month no down payment. Residual $12997 at end of term. Was this a good deal? I'm in Houston and three previous dealers won't bend.

Love the adaptive cruise, epedal (who'd think of never stepping on the brake pedal on the way home), car is unbelievably smooth, super quiet, spritely, and solid. The only thing that niggles me? The placement of the speedometer, the steering wheel blocks it.

In ever way superior to the Leaf 1. People are nuts to drive ICE autos.

All SV and SL Leafs come with navigation. It's the other features linked to that nav console that are really useful. The lease is a good deal if you plan to buy the car when it ends, as the residual is low.

LeftieBiker said:
All SV and SL Leafs come with navigation. It's the other features linked to that nav console that are really useful. The lease is a good deal if you plan to buy the car when it ends, as the residual is low.

Why would you buy car knowing that the new one, or others in class will have double the battery range?
When one decides to lease , most people will turn in car keys after the 3 years for a new car, one of the benefits of leasing.

Baltneu said:
LeftieBiker said:

Why would you buy car knowing that the new one, or others in class will have double the battery range?
When one decides to lease , most people will turn in car keys after the 3 years for a new car, one of the benefits of leasing.

I understand that. Sometimes leasing is a good way to buy a car, though, as you don't have to decide whether or not you want to own it for several years. Also, most people don't qualify for the full Federal EV tax credit if they buy. I wasn't suggesting that the OP buy his car, but was saying that the deal he got was good IF he planned to buy the car. If he turns it in then he'll have wasted some money because of the unnecessarily low residual.

Back