Make timer on/off controls more accessible

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Levenkay

Background:
The LEAF's two charging timers, for me, are a good fit with the two main ways I use the car on any given day: either for short local errands, or for long-distance trips (probably involving QCs en route). I've got my LEAF's Timer #1 set up to charge for just one hour at the cheapest time; enough to cover one or two days' errands. Timer #2 is set up to hit 100% charge just before a morning departure. Both timers are enabled for every day of the week, so all I need to do, if anything, to prepare for the next day's driving is to turn the appropriate timer ON, and the other OFF.

The issue:
The 2018 LEAF's menus for manipulating these timer ON/OFF controls are buried inside the specific setup submenus for Timer1 and Timer2. The higher-level menu governing both timers should provide a way to turn them on or off, without needing to drill down any further.

I have no need for multiple timers, but I can see how having separate Timer 1 and Timer 2 ON/OFF buttons would be helpful. I think Nissan had the "set it and forget it" idea for the timers, with an override.

I do notice that when I power OFF the car, the timer window pops up on the dash for a short while. Pressing OK jumps me to the Timer settings menu.

henrydehoja said:
I
I do notice that when I power OFF the car, the timer window pops up on the dash for a short while. Pressing OK jumps me to the Timer settings menu.
Thanks for that! I have seen the display blink onto something as I'm exiting the car, but never paid enough attention to it to notice this feature.

Back