SDG&E EV Climate Credit

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed yesterday that my SDG&E account had a $1,000 credit. I called customer service and they informed me that the 2018 EV Climate Credit was $500 per vehicle. I had submitted for our LEAF and Volt in March. I suspect the program generated a lot more money to go around this year. But it could also be that fewer people participated for some reason. Either way I doubt we can count on $500/vehicle going forward.

I received the $500 credit also. No explanation online or in my bill summary. Apparently not a real time system. I expect to see it when my bill resets in July. This is a very nice incentive for EV owners.

The program is continuing but is morphing into a point of sale program next year that will benefit buyers of new EVs (per CARB). You are correct that it won't continue in its current form. That's understandable, as it doesn't really help achieve EV adoption goals by paying people for the same car they've already bought year after year. We need some new blood EV ownership, and the revamped incentive will hopefully take the place of the federal EV tax credit as it ramps down for some OEMs (although the new point of sale rebate won't be as much as $7,500)...

Randy said:
The program is continuing but is morphing into a point of sale program next year that will benefit buyers of new EVs (per CARB)...

Will this include plugin hybrids, or only pure EVs?

Back