The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put a deposit on a White SV Leaf 2018 about 3 week ago...so i should get my leaf in 3 month i guess :cry: :cry:

I cannot wait to stop paying for gas

I'm now a proud owner of a blue 2012 Nissan Leaf SL! I did my research and got a great deal. I used Leafspy and got a battery with pretty good health and am really excited to be an EV owner. I installed my Level 2 EVSE today and also have a free Level 3 charger 2 miles away. My commute is fairly short, and I like that the Leaf also has plenty of room for a stroller and carseat for the kiddo. I've been interested in EVs for about ten years, and really didn't think that owning one would become a reality anytime soon. It's kind of surreal, to be honest, but I'm already loving my Leaf.

Grheault said:
Put a deposit on a White SV Leaf 2018 about 3 week ago...so i should get my leaf in 3 month i guess :cry: :cry:

I cannot wait to stop paying for gas

We're in the same boat, a 3-month wait here in Victoria. Gives us time to get our charging in our garage setup.

We too are looking forward to telling the oil companies to take a hike!

Today traded in my 2015 with 101,000km on it, for a factory ordered 2018 Leaf SL in that redish color.

electricsal said:
Just picked up my 2018 Leaf SL (Gunmetal finish) :D

That's exactly what we test drove. Probably my last choice for colour - would blend in too well with our dark, gloomy winter days. I really wanted the gold/yellow that is being sold in Japan (our Matrix has that and it is so easy to find in a parking lot), but they don't offer that colour in NA, unfortunately.

Picked up my Blue SV yesterday. Ordered on March 27, so an 82 day wait in BC lower mainland. Love it so far.

Hi all. Nice place you've got here. I've already learned a lot.

I bought a used 2013 Leaf SV about a month ago from a private party. Nice car, though I wish I'd done a bit more legwork first. I managed to buy one with a 2/2013 manufacture date, so no lizard battery for me. But at least I get to laugh as I drive by gas stations, so there's that, and I keep it in a garage, so it's not routinely exposed to lots of temperature fluctuations.

The car has about 53,000 miles and 11 bars, although SOH in LeafSpy shows that 11th bar is going to drop any day now. I'm amazed it hasn't already.

Range is about 55-60 miles at 80% charge. I rarely do more than run short errands in it, so even 20 miles of usable range is plenty for me.

My last car lasted me 20 years; I don't expect the same from this car, but I hope it at least lasts me until electric cars with better batteries and range become available used at reasonable prices.

I managed to buy one with a 2/2013 manufacture date, so no lizard battery for me

It's a little confusing, but the "Lizard" pack was only made in 2015 and part of 2016. The 4/2013-2015 pack, which I call the 'Wolf" pack, isn't quite as heat-resistant as the Lizard, but is still very good in milder climates. Your "Canary" pack has done well for having the original chemistry.

Hello, I got my Silver 2017 Leaf SL at the end of April, it only had 8300 miles on it! I traded in a 2012 GMC Acadia - loved that car but was ready for something different. It is so nice not to have to get gas...... I always hated that and would procrastinate until the last minute - sort of a how far can I go on fumes game.

A co-worker recently purchased a 2015 Leaf, and talking with him peaked my interest, and he let me take his for a test drive - couldn't believe how nice it handled. Then when I had some repeat issues with the Acadia (covered by warranty but issues related to the complexity of the ICE) I started thinking I really want to be done with this and started looking on Carvana and found my Leaf and got a good trade for the Acadia. So here I am!

I love driving the Leaf and even started taking the back way home from work just so I can drive it more :D I love the tech of electric cars and of course the added bonus of not giving any business to the oil companies ;)

Unfortunately, right now it is getting repaired..... my daughter accidentally backed into the passengers side when backing out of the garage........ :( no major damage, just a small dent and some scrapes but its my new baby! - so I've been driving an ICE-mobile.......and missing my Leaf! (should get it back this week........)

After much test driving, research, shopping, bargaining and waiting I now finally have my first ev. I have been saying "my next car will be electric" for about 30 years. I got a 2018 Leaf SL in red with gray interior. Decided to buy outright to get the tax incentives. It's awesome.

I picked my first EV today. A gun metal grey SL with tech package. I purchased mine due to a lease not playing well with the 30k miles I drive per year. Hopefully life gets better considering 5 miles into ownership I got the AEB fault light, so back to the dealer I will go once I have time. :x

Funny, I finally tricked myself into buying first EV. I was waiting for $35K Model 3, but it looks like never going to happen. So I bought JuiceBox 40A charger on good deal on eBay and then I thought, I have to get EV now that I have charger installed in my garage. So a week later (exactly a month ago) I got CPO 2015 Leaf SV for peanuts, or should I say a peanut' shells, with Nav and Bose Audio and I could not be happier EV owner. It fits my needs 100%. For other things I have other cars. I think Leaf makes very good sense in multi-car households. I did a few inexpensive upgrades and now it is perfect car to drive as a commuter and local errands.

So, the deposit that I've put in may will get be ready in September. But it will be the 2019, so i'm curious to see what will change between both of the version.

I joined the EV club at the end of last month with a 2018 SV Leaf in Scarlet with All Weather & Tech packages. The lease deals at the time didn't seem that great, so I decided to buy instead of leasing. I've been loving it so far (it's the first new car I've ever owned; I had been driving a 10 year old Honda Civic), and I took it on a trip up to Maine (~250 miles each way) the first weekend after owning it.

I bought a used CPO Nissan LEAF 2017 S red colour with about 6000 miles at my local Nissan dealer in Kirkland WA. Has Quick Charger and was made in May 2017. Pretty cool. Fun driving it... though trying to get used to having to wait so long for public L2 charging.

be236 said:
I bought a used CPO Nissan LEAF 2017 S red colour with about 6000 miles at my local Nissan dealer in Kirkland WA. Has Quick Charger and was made in May 2017. Pretty cool. Fun driving it... though trying to get used to having to wait so long for public L2 charging.
For public charging that you don't NEED to use (like plugging in while you buy some groceries), L2 is fine. But if you're "having to wait" for a public charge, you should be using a DC fast charger.

Back