Should I upgrade to the updated Nissan EV app?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jake14mw

Hi all,

I am an android user. I have avoided upgrading to the newer version of the Nissan EV app because I thought it would be a while until they ironed bugs out of it. As far as I can tell, they are not working on it.

From what I can recall from reports when the new version came out, it was not reporting charging status correctly. Has that been fixed? It seems like overall it was no more or less buggy than the old version. Should I just upgrade it?

jake14mw said:
Hi all,

I am an android user. I have avoided upgrading to the newer version of the Nissan EV app because I thought it would be a while until they ironed bugs out of it. As far as I can tell, they are not working on it.

From what I can recall from reports when the new version came out, it was not reporting charging status correctly. Has that been fixed? It seems like overall it was no more or less buggy than the old version. Should I just upgrade it?

Upgrade to Leaf Manager. Pro version.

WetEV said:

I used to use Leaf Manager. Then for the longest time it did not work. No updates to the app for a long time. Was there an update done? I don't see a Leaf Manager Pro in the Play store.

jake14mw said:
Hi all,

The new one works fine for me. It has updated several times since installation.

jake14mw said:
WetEV said:

I used to use Leaf Manager. Then for the longest time it did not work. No updates to the app for a long time. Was there an update done? I don't see a Leaf Manager Pro in the Play store.

The Pro is an upgrade, install the original first. In app purchase to disable advertising and turn on various pro features. Last update was Feb 25, 2017. Has been working well for years for me, at least.

webeleafowners said:
So I didn’t even know this app existed. I use the Nissan connect app almost everyday. What does Leaf Manager pro provide that the Nissan connect Leaf doesn’t.

I've not used the official Nissan app for years, so perhaps a more recent comparison would be in order. So I've installed the official app again.

Official app has:
Might allow you to lock and unlock your car remotely? Perhaps if you have a 2018, not my 2014. The Leaf Manager does not have that function, as far as I know.
I remember a day years ago when the official app worked once when Leaf Manager didn't. So maybe having both is prudent, if you really need the functions.

Leaf Manager has:
Fewer bugs. (4* vs 2* reviews.)
Better user interface.
Updates at a periodic interval while charging, until complete.
Update status after stopping car. (Or after starting, but I don't see the point of this.)
Shows the last location where you parked your car.
A widget that displays the last synced charge level.
Various alarms that I've never used.

Wife finds the last location invaluable, as she can have trouble remembering where she parked.

May not work on the latest Android release, from reading the reviews.

LeftieBiker said:
I still can't get into Nissan Connect.

Can you login at https://owners.nissanusa.com/nowners/ and use the NissanConnect EV tab there? If that works but the app doesn't then you should probably call the Nissan service number 1-855-426-6628. I had problems getting the app to talk to my car last week, and they were able to sort it out.

Back