Is this a good price for a 2015 Nissan Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeftieBiker said:
The SV and SL trim levels have a heating system that uses a heatpump as well as a resistance heater. In milder Winter weather (above 25F or so) this adds range - quite a lot of range above freezing. Below about 15F it makes no real difference in range.

LeftieBiker:

If you lived in Chicago and were purchasing a Used 2015 Leaf, would you get a base 'S' model or would you up to an 'SV' or 'SL' with the better battery management system?

I would definitely get an SV. The only places where an S wouldn't get less Winter range would be places where the heat is rarely used, and places where Winters are very cold - below 25F most days.

briscobully said:
SageBrush said:
briscobully said:
Do you or anyone else know someone who purchased from Carvana and had to send it back? Was it a problem to do so or was the process smooth?
I bought from this company
https://carportal.co/buy/
and shipped the car from CA to Colorado

LeafSpy available if requested.

Curious, I just looked at their website and it says they only ship to the San Francisco Bay area... how did you get them to ship it to Colorado? Did you have to take care of the titling and registering it or did they do that for you? Also, did they negotiate price from what was listed or did you find the price competitive with your market area given you'd have to ship it?
Shipping FREE locally; you pay to ship elsewhere. I took care of TTL in my state after the car arrived
I did not try to negotiate

As you can see, much cheaper than you found locally, and you can count on full transparency regarding the car.

SageBrush said:
briscobully said:
SageBrush said:

Curious, I just looked at their website and it says they only ship to the San Francisco Bay area... how did you get them to ship it to Colorado? Did you have to take care of the titling and registering it or did they do that for you? Also, did they negotiate price from what was listed or did you find the price competitive with your market area given you'd have to ship it?
Shipping FREE locally; you pay to ship elsewhere. I took care of TTL in my state after the car arrived
I did not try to negotiate

As you can see, much cheaper than you found locally, and you can count on full transparency regarding the car.

They are much cheaper... did you pay Tax when you titled it in CO or did they take the tax when your bought it from them? Who did you use to ship the vehicle; third party shipper or did they set that up for you?

Yes... here are all of the 2014/2015 Leafs available within 200 mi on Cars.com right now...

https://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchresults.action/?mdId=35968&mkId=20077&page=1&perPage=20&rd=200&searchSource=GN_REFINEMENT&showMore=true&sort=price-lowest&stkTypId=28881&yrId=56007&yrId=51683&zc=60618

Feel free to PM on the particulars of the buying process with them... Thx

The glacier white SV with low miles but no Premium Package looks good. The white color may even help extend battery life in Chicago Summers.

No PMs, please! The topic is the place to discuss matters like this.

briscobully said:
If you lived in Chicago and were purchasing a Used 2015 Leaf, would you get a base 'S' model or would you up to an 'SV' or 'SL' with the better battery management system?
All models have the same BMS. In fact I think all years have the same BMS.

Leftie is pointing out that some models have a heat pump instead of simple resistance heating. He is probably giving you good advice since he lives in upstate NY, in a climate similar to yours. OTOH heating is a personal preference. I live in Colorado and make do with seat heating, gloves and warm clothes. I never turn on the cabin heating so any possible differences in the heating efficiencies between models does not matter to me. You should also know that heat pumps drop in efficiency to the level of a resistance heater as the ambient temp drops. I don't know the specifics of the heat pump in the LEAF but I would be surprised if it helps much below 30F

The good news for you is that there is little price difference for the higher trims in the used car market.

SageBrush said:
briscobully said:
did you pay Tax when you titled it in CO
Yes
Arranging shipping is your job. I shopped online

not sure I saw it in your post; did you pay the tax when you titled it like a private party sale or did CarPortal collect the tax at the point of sale? Who did you use to ship the vehicle? I've never had a car shipped cross country before...

LeftieBiker said:
The glacier white SV with low miles but no Premium Package looks good. The white color may even help extend battery life in Chicago Summers.

Thanks LeftieBiker but the SV you mention, if it's the one I think you mean, had a pretty significant accident reported on the Carfax report and I tend to shy away from them in general.

LeftieBiker said:

Saw this S out there with pretty low miles and has 12 bars according to the photo:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/729881980/overview/

What does the 'Premium Package' include again? Is that the QC? I can't stand the look of the white in general... makes me think of a 'service' car!

SageBrush said:
briscobully said:
Do you or anyone else know someone who purchased from Carvana and had to send it back? Was it a problem to do so or was the process smooth?

Looking at the Leafs available through CarPortal I notice a lot of them are coming from southern states like Georgia... Concerned for the battery condition coming from states like that. Their pricing seems to account for that but It still has to get shipped to me.

briscobully said:
SageBrush said:
briscobully said:

Looking at the Leafs available through CarPortal I notice a lot of them are coming from southern states like Georgia... Concerned for the battery condition coming from states like that.
I chose a car that had lived in the Bay area.
But really -- who cares. The battery condition is the important detail. Choose according to LeafSpy

Back