The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeftieBiker said:
....It seems to be an unspoken but common dealer rule to keep EVs with barely 25 miles on the GOM.
Not just Leaf, the Bolt I test drove only had 20! miles on the GOM when I test drove it :roll: Heck to only have 25 miles on the GOM of a Bolt it has to be pretty damn low! of course since the Bolt lacks a SOC meter :roll: I couldn't tell you the SOC.

jjeff said:
LeftieBiker said:
....It seems to be an unspoken but common dealer rule to keep EVs with barely 25 miles on the GOM.
Not just Leaf, the Bolt I test drove only had 20! miles on the GOM when I test drove it :roll: Heck to only have 25 miles on the GOM of a Bolt it has to be pretty damn low! of course since the Bolt lacks a SOC meter :roll: I couldn't tell you the SOC.

I was referring to the Bolt as well. There was 25 miles even on the GOM when I started my test drive, 22 when done. The only exception so far has been the Soul EV I drove. It had about 92 miles on the GOM.

LeftieBiker said:
jjeff said:
LeftieBiker said:

I was referring to the Bolt as well. There was 25 miles even on the GOM when I started my test drive, 22 when done. The only exception so far has been the Soul EV I drove. It had about 92 miles on the GOM.
The Bolt I drove had something like 207 miles on the DTE (Chevy's version has been accurate enough that I don't think it merits calling it a GOM).

GRA said:
The Bolt I drove had something like 207 miles on the DTE (Chevy's version has been accurate enough that I don't think it merits calling it a GOM).

All range estimates are guesses. Unless they can use weather and wind predictions, predict traffic flows hours ahead, and read your mind as to how you are going to drive today.

It is a GOM.

WetEV said:
GRA said:

All range estimates are guesses. Unless they can use weather and wind predictions, predict traffic flows hours ahead, and read your mind as to how you are going to drive today.

It is a GOM.
Which is why I like the fact that they give you middle, low and high values, and you can take your pick. The Volt and Spark both used a much better algorithm than the LEAF, as it apparently used a rolling average over a much longer interval than was the case with the LEAF, and I imagine the Bolt does likewise. So, sure, they're all estimates of future behavior, but some are a lot more accurate than others.

manchi said:
I got a 2018 Gun-Metal Leaf SV with Technology and Weather package. Took delivery last Friday in metro Atlanta. Anyone who got a 2018 figured out what's up with the Android play on the car? I can't get it to enable.

I couldn’t get Apple Car Play to work on mine, and it turned out I had a bad nav unit. I don’t know much about your circumstances, but it’s not impossible.

jonathanfields4ever said:
manchi said:
I got a 2018 Gun-Metal Leaf SV with Technology and Weather package. Took delivery last Friday in metro Atlanta. Anyone who got a 2018 figured out what's up with the Android play on the car? I can't get it to enable.

I couldn’t get Apple Car Play to work on mine, and it turned out I had a bad nav unit. I don’t know much about your circumstances, but it’s not impossible.

I finally figure out the issue. It was the USB cable. Somehow the cheap ebay cables doesn't work. Changed to one of the thicker name-brand cable and it worked fine! :lol:

Meanwhile, I’ve had mine in the shop three times already. It’s being sent up to some Nissan big deal hub/factory in Nagoya to be looked at. No lemon law in Japan, either. As long as the car is suitable for the road, nothing else is required to work as advertised. Talked to an attorney and he said they may give me a cash payment as an apology, but it’s a long shot.

In the US, before Lemon Laws, people used to paint their defective cars like lemons and place large explanatory signs on them. The manufacturers found this surprisingly undesirable...

I purchased my 2018 Leaf SV on March 3rd. Electrical outlet added last Friday so I can now charge using Level 2 in TOU. Trickle charge was taking 13+ hours to add around 40% to the battery a night. Luckily my commute is under 40% driving with ECO so I was okay but pretty much had to hook the car to the charger once I got home. I tested the level 2 last night and added 29% (from 62% to 91%) in an hour and 20 minutes.

Let me share my 2018 SL purchasing experience... I was made to believe that the dealership network has the vehicle and I can have the car the next day or "so". So I signed the lease agreement and start paying for the vehicle. This was on 3/6. I've given multiple excuses and lies since then. Today now they are telling me truck might broke down, the car may be here Wednesday"ish". Should I tolerate this behavior? :cry:

Check the fine print on the lease. If there is nothing about delays being allowed, demand a refund of lease payments made before delivery. If you are very unhappy, go for the lease being cancelled.

Yes, that is not very cool of the dealer to do that. As said, if you are unhappy simply cancel the deal and walk away. Get whatever monies you put down back. You've not taken delivery of it yet so you should be able to walk away. If they hassle you on this, speak to the General Manager and if that does not work, contact Nissan USA Customer Care/Support and see what they tell you.

I know in my dealers case here outside Toronto, he was upfront with delivery ETA's telling me 3 months. He did tell me that if it did not come within 90 days that I could cancel the deal, however I'm not in a rush so I am expecting it to come later in June.

Hope it works out for you ok.

Called Nissan Lease department: 1-800-778-4211 and to my surprise, they cannot prorate the monthly payment to take out the days I do not own the car. It's been almost a week. What really piss me off, someone at that same Dealership fraud my signature on the delivery acceptance doc over this past weekend saying I already took delivery of the vehicle. Can I still walk away, or should I call my lawyer?

jaliu98 said:
Called Nissan Lease department: 1-800-778-4211 and to my surprise, they cannot prorate the monthly payment to take out the days I do not own the car. It's been almost a week. What really piss me off, someone at that same Dealership fraud my signature on the delivery acceptance doc over this past weekend saying I already took delivery of the vehicle. Can I still walk away, or should I call my lawyer?

If the signature doesn't even look like yours, I'd threaten legal action and walk away. If it's a good forgery your options get more complicated.

Yep I challenged this document and they admitted in an email that someone signed for me and yes that signature is no way near mine.

First post, lost one, gained one. Purchased my 2015 last year. Got a fantastic deal. Bought it almost on a whim, was not sure an EV for around town was the right answer but at $9k on an SV with 13.5K miles it was worth a shot. Proved to be the most used car I have (I own two gas guzzlers which prompted this purchase) and proved popular. Fast forward one year exactly and it was totaled. Got t-boned and the car was a total loss. No real injuries, just bumps and bruises, Leaf took it like a champion. Took ownership Monday of a 2018 Leaf SL, loaded. So far this new Leaf is fantastic. Still figuring everything out.

Picked up my 2018 SL on Wednesday, my first ever Leaf. (And, my first ever car.)

I would have received it earlier but apparently non-two-tone white models are in short supply.

Had to spend a couple of hours talking to NissanConnect's support before I could get that to work, but otherwise, it's been great. I don't have a 240v socket installed yet so I'm limited to trickle-charging, but even that isn't a huge problem.

riqhpy9.jpg

I finally received my 2018 Leaf. My dealer traded for a Leaf with a dealer in Kamloops BC. The car that I ordered, a white SV was not going to be available until at least May and maybe even late June. So when this Red SL came available and I happen to be there to ask where was my car, I jumped at it.

My salesman said he was told the delays are due to greater demand then Nissan expected. He told me Nissan was expecting about 2500 preorders before the start of production and made plans for that. Apparently there were 2500 preorders in Canada with 25,000 in the US. Take it for what you will, but they have been straight with me so far. If those orders are real than there will be a lot of Leaf’s on the road by the end of the year.

I LOVE the car. It is everything I had hoped. I actually prefer the Red colour, it is really classy. Having read just about everything there has been written since the I ordered the car in November, I do not have a problem with any of the complaints that reviewers have mentioned,

The maximum range I have not put to the test, but the range seems to be almost exactly the same as my motorcycle. My guess is the car will out do the bike in town and fall a bit short on the highway.

I will post more as I get more time with the car. It took most of Thursday to arrange the sale and insure the car. I work for the next 4 days so will give it a work out next week.

rparry

Back