Leasing 2018 Nissan Leaf - Reservation arrives 1-16-18

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaveinOlyWA said:
Ray @ Everett Nissan reports that earliest 2018's in WA State expected Feb 12th. So this all but confirms ZERO 2018's sold in Jan

Not that much better than zero, but dealers local to Smyrna did take delivery on the last days of the month so maybe a minuscule amount eeked under the wire.

I wonder if mid Feb statement includes the west coast, because on the west coast the cars have to travel by rail. Logistically that can add about a week.

DaveinOlyWA said:
edatoakrun said:
Reportedly, 150 LEAFs were delivered in January, not clear if any '17 MYs included in that total...

https://insideevs.com/january-2018-plug-in-electric-vehicle-sales-report-card/

... ALL OF THEM!

That would explain why we haven't seen a story like the one below for the USA yet:

Nissan officially began deliveries of the new 2018 LEAF in Europe.

The first special edition black Nissan LEAF 2.ZERO went to Leo Moran in the UK on January 31st...
https://insideevs.com/first-delivery-of-all-new-2018-nissan-leaf-in-europe/

Last I heard from my local dealer about a week ago, '18 deliveries would be begin at the same time all over the west coast, some time in early February.

tuningin said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Ray @ Everett Nissan reports that earliest 2018's in WA State expected Feb 12th. So this all but confirms ZERO 2018's sold in Jan

Not that much better than zero, but dealers local to Smyrna did take delivery on the last days of the month so maybe a minuscule amount eeked under the wire.

I wonder if mid Feb statement includes the west coast, because on the west coast the cars have to travel by rail. Logistically that can add about a week.

seems somewhat plausible but that would mean a 12 days of additional shipping time to the West Coast? Sorry but not buying that. I would go no more than 7 days with under 5 days being more likely. Its 72 hours by rail

DaveinOlyWA said:
tuningin said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

seems somewhat plausible but that would mean a 12 days of additional shipping time to the West Coast? Sorry but not buying that. I would go no more than 7 days with under 5 days being more likely. Its 72 hours by rail

I see what you are saying and there was definitely some issue that delayed shipments throughout January. My original arrival date was 1/20 so it should have been rolling on the tracks in auto carrier a week prior that.

What I wonder at this point is that if they are now stating that the next batch are going to be at dealerships in mid february, does that really mean more likely end of Feb for the west coast.

Back