2018 configurations Loaded SV vs loaded SL, differences?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yogi62

From what I can see in the online configuration, there are three differences between:

- SV with the Tech and all weather package: $35,590
- SL with the Tech package: $36,850

• Intelligent Around View® Monitor
    Leather-appointed seats
    Bose® Energy Efficient Series premium audio system with seven speakers

Is that list correct?

The way you wrote that it isn't clear what you ask. The SV and SL both have Around View, and both have the Bose stereo when optioned. The SL is the only one with leather seats and a solar panel. As I have noted elsewhere, only the leather seats and solar panel are exclusive to the 2018 SL, AFAIK.

I haven't looked at the 2018's specs, but in years past if you wanted the fog lights and auto on/off headlights, you also had to step up to the SL. These couldn't be added to lesser spec models unless you bought the parts separately and installed them yourself.

RonDawg said:
I haven't looked at the 2018's specs, but in years past if you wanted the fog lights and auto on/off headlights, you also had to step up to the SL. These couldn't be added to lesser spec models unless you bought the parts separately and installed them yourself.

If so, this was a change after 2013. My SV has fog lights and auto headlights.

baustin said:
RonDawg said:

If so, this was a change after 2013. My SV has fog lights and auto headlights.
My former leased '13 SV w/premium and QC + LED headlight packages had fog lights and auto headlights.

My current owned used '13 SV w/premium only doesn't have fog lights nor auto headlights.

Per specs tab of http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/presskits/us-2013-nissan-leaf-press-kit LED Headlights + Quick Charge Port package includes "LED headlights, auto on/off headlights, fog lights, quick charge port".

LeftieBiker said:
The way you wrote that it isn't clear what you ask. The SV and SL both have Around View, and both have the Bose stereo when optioned. The SL is the only one with leather seats and a solar panel. As I have noted elsewhere, only the leather seats and solar panel are exclusive to the 2018 SL, AFAIK.

around view on SV? are you sure about that?

DaveinOlyWA said:
LeftieBiker said:

around view on SV? are you sure about that?

It was on one of the spec listings we've had floating around, in an odd location that I at first missed. At this point I'm certain of nothing, but I'd be amazed if the SV didn't have Around View at least with the Tech package. It was listed as standard, however. It is a deal breaker for me, but I'm not worried that it isn't available on the SV.

LeftieBiker said:

Thanks for interpreting it correctly.

I didn't see where you could option the Bose on the SV or where the Around View is listed on the SV.
Around View would be nice, I don't want the leather or hump in the trunk area for the Bose (if that still is an issue

A better way to put it: for 2018, what features are exclusively on the SL?

Specs tab at http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/presskits/us-2018-nissan-leaf-press-kit may help. I'm not sure this appeared recently or the Specs tab was added recently or if it's actually be there for awhile.

That spec sheet appears to be wrong, at least about the charge cable. I HOPE it's also wrong about Around View (and the Bose stereo) being standard on the SL and not even available on the SV. That would make no sense. Do I really have to bolt in the seats from my 2013 SV, or used seats, and pay thousands extra for crap I don't want??? I am F*ING ANGRY about this. Nissan can't seem to do a damned thing without screwing it up. Now they're also borrowing shitty sales tactics from GM. My lease isn't up until June. Maybe I'll be waiting for some other manufacturer to NOT F UP their token EV offering.

[MOD NOTE: Please don't swear.]

One place on the Nissan website that had me confused is when i tried adding the paint color: "Two-Tone Pearl White/Super Black" to an SL

it says:
The following are required and will be added to your build:
Technology Package

But I thought the Technology Package was already included, no?

Agreeing to that addition bumps the price by $2200 to $39,695
Seems like a lot for a black roof, or did i miss something?

Shaun

LeftieBiker said:
I HOPE it's also wrong about Around View (and the Bose stereo) being standard on the SL and not even available on the SV. That would make no sense. Do I really have to bolt in the seats from my 2013 SV, or used seats, and pay thousands extra for crap I don't want??
It seems like the spec page and https://www.nissanusa.com/electric-cars/2018-leaf/configure/ currently match up on that.

I guess it's just marketing and/or forced up-selling. Bean counters may have dictated this.

Some vehicles are sold with very few choices/permutations in terms of equipment. I remember when I was in the market for a car in late 01 and ended up buying an 02 Nissan Maxima GXE, I'd considered the 02 Acura TL. There were a whole 4 permutations (except for color): TL vs. non-TL, with nav or without nav. All of them came w/forced features like power seats, leather, sunroof, etc.

02 Maxima GXE had virtually no options but quite a bit of standard equipment for the time (e.g. Homelink, auto-dimming mirror, auto on/off HID headlights, cruise control, power driver's seat, CD player w/cassette, trip computer, etc.) For get some of the other stuff like a better stereo, nav system or memory power seats, you had to go with other trims like the SE or GLE.

I'd be less pissed off if you could get an SL with a cloth interior. As it is I'm back in the market for another brand. I'll ask if my local dealer would do a seat swap with a 2018 SV, but I doubt the answer will be yes. That leaves me either paying almost $400 a month for an SV with no Around View and having to add my own aftermarket system, or maybe leasing an Ioniq EV with just crappy front sensors that don't work properly. If the 2017 packs weren't such garbage I'd be looking for one of those.

gbshaun said:
One place on the Nissan website that had me confused is when i tried adding the paint color: "Two-Tone Pearl White/Super Black" to an SL

it says:
Technology Package

Shaun

The Tech Package differs between the SV and SL, with the SL having some of the SV-optional items standard. The paint is the two tone white with black roof seen in early photos.

LeftieBiker said:
That spec sheet appears to be wrong, at least about the charge cable.
Regarding the 120/240 volt charge cable, the PDF brochure downloadable via https://www.nissanusa.com/electric-cars/leaf/ (Brochure button) seems to partly concur.

Brochure claims it's part of the charge package on S, part of T1 (SV Technology Package) for SV and standard on SL. Not sure if the brochure's right or not...

That is correct. Makes me wonder... what is the value of the various EVSEs nowadays?

I am to the point that I do not need half of what I have/will soon have. I wish there was a way to not accept the dual charge cable and give me credit for $300 or whatever (already know the credit would not equal what they would sell the cable for :? )

gbshaun said:

it says:
Technology Package

Shaun

well would be the premium color charge and the Tech package.

Back