Airbag light on 3 secs off 2 secs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savi18

Hi Team Air light flashing 3 secs on 2 secs off continually had it into Nissan dealers and no faults in DTCs they don't know the problem, this had been in a accident with minor damage but no airbags deployed, someone mentioned could have previous airbag fault stored but not cleared but Nissan dealers would have seen this in there consult tool, any ideas, have tried the reset manually.

A while back I had removed a seat to do some work. I wanted to check something on the
seat with it removed and the car on, air bag plug removed. After reinstalling the seat, of
course the air bag error showed. However there were no DTC's. The error could only be
cleared using the air-bag clear procedure. As I remember the error condition the blinking
light shows may not be displayed until the 19th cycle. You really need to use the manual
to see what the error condition is(the consult will not work for this). Also make sure the
procedure for clearing, that you use, is the one from the manual.

Thanks Cliff for the reply, have spent weeks trying to sort this. Today tried after 19 blinks to see if any code DTCs but none, have tried different software programs but all come with no DTC codes, could do with a Nissan technician who owns a Left to advise even though this has been into a Nissan Dealers and they did not know what the fault was. Cheers

savi18 said:
Air light flashing 3 secs on 2 secs off continually...
According to the 2011 LEAF Service Manual dated April 2011 page SRC-16, the behavior you have described indicates that your airbag system is in Diagnosis Mode and that the system is normal.

OTOH, it also says that you should return to User Mode once power is cycled one time. With the system being normal, it's not clear why your car would remain in Diagnosis Mode even after the power is cycled.

Darryl said:
I think Cliff might be on to something. Check out http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=7544

I've looked at the post above and tried numerous times trying the sequence on off but still no luck, I too can not understand why I can not get this Leaf out of diagnostic mode, no faults coming up on the scanner I have, been like this for 3 weeks now and can not take the Leaf for compliance to get it on the road, at loss of what to do now Nissan dealers not interested as had it for 2 weeks and just looked at for 15 mins on the consult tool and that too came up with no faults,

BMW has the same blinking happening if SRS is being accessed by scanner.
Remove all ODB devices. Switch vehicle off. Disconnect 12V 10 minutes. Reconnect. Observe without OBD devices.

I was facing exactly the same problem (leaf 2013)- constantly flashing AIR BAG diagnostic mode. How did you manage to solve it?

Back