Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have Leafspy Pro on an Android device. I'm stuck at version 0.40.101 (22) - no newer version is offered in the Play Store.

Dropbox seems to have stopped working some weeks ago - presumably when API 1 was retired. Leaving Dropbox enabled in Leafspy no longer uploads anything, nor does it produce any errors - but it does run the phone battery down very fast.

If the newer Leafspy Pro isn't coming very soon to the Play Store, can I have an apk or something please? Need Dropbox back.

Is there a way to upgrade from the mid level Leaf Spy to Pro on Android without paying another $15 ?

Or, are there any OBD apps that can clear DTC codes? I've used Torque for years but it won't connect to the Leaf. Leaf Spy connects within seconds with both of my adapters.

SuperJETT said:
Is there a way to upgrade from the mid level Leaf Spy to Pro on Android without paying another $15 ?

Or, are there any OBD apps that can clear DTC codes? I've used Torque for years but it won't connect to the Leaf. Leaf Spy connects within seconds with both of my adapters.

contact the owner and tell him you want to upgrade. the difference is like $10 or something. I mean $10?

Anyone have issues connecting with Android 7.0? I used to connect on my Moto X xt1575 no issues under 6.0. Onshowy wifi dongle. Now it doesn't after I allowed the OS update. My tablet still on 5.0 has no issues so it's not the dongle. What should all the wifi settings be again? Static, 192.168.0.11, 255.255.255.0, ... any others important?

If I buy Leafspy pro from Google store and later if I move to IOS can I use the same license in Apple store?

dibun said:
If I buy Leafspy pro from Google store and later if I move to IOS can I use the same license in Apple store?

that would seem to be highly unlikely. The only way that would happen was if it was gifted to you

donyjunk said:
Anyone have issues connecting with Android 7.0? I used to connect on my Moto X xt1575 no issues under 6.0. Onshowy wifi dongle. Now it doesn't after I allowed the OS update. My tablet still on 5.0 has no issues so it's not the dongle. What should all the wifi settings be again? Static, 192.168.0.11, 255.255.255.0, ... any others important?

I am using 5.0 and 8.0 (soon to be 8.1 so they say...) no issues

I imagine the Amazon appstore version updates later? I imagine eventually it catches up. I bought Pro on Amazon but obviously it doesn't register that I have a license on the google play store.

Android version seems to list only 2 usable Bluetooth 4.0 adapters currently, the LELin and the Kiwi.
iOS has viecar, carista, h580, and vgate. Is there any reason these last 4 don't/cant work with Android versions?

Even within iOS the Vgate it's also not clear which version is the IOS-Vlink, I tried amazon with "ios Vlink" in search and it actually popped up 2 veepeak units (one Bluetooth 4.0 the other a wifi veepeak).

If I search vgate vlink instead it pops up only vgate units, one of them an iCar Pro BLE 4.0 unit that claims iOS & android support.
If this is supported by Leaf Spy on both Android and iOS I would give it a shot. A little leery since I tried the iCar 3 BLE version prior and despite their claim of auto sleep/wake function, somehow on my Leaf (2013 SV) it would only sleep, and never rewake (taking a full unplugging to rewake). Hm, OK going back to the product page on that iCar it seems they updated to say to save energy it requires an unplug to rewake, exactly how mine acted, whereas their original specs claimed rewake.

Tempted to try the vGate Pro (only $25-29) now that it again claims auto-wake, IF it might eventually be made to work with both iOS and Android versions of Leaf Spy. The veepeak ($30) would be OK too if it worked both platforms. Although LELink is 1 of 2 that are currently listed as working for both iOS and Android, higher price ($35) and seems to get a lot of QC problems, breakdown even after a while of working.

Turbo3 said:
Just go to this link to get the latest test version which is only waiting on me having time to update the Help file.

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.Turbo3.Leaf_Spy_Pro

donyjunk said:
I imagine the Amazon appstore version updates later? I imagine eventually it catches up. I bought Pro on Amazon but obviously it doesn't register that I have a license on the google play store.

Android version seems to list only 2 usable Bluetooth 4.0 adapters currently, the LELin and the Kiwi.
iOS has viecar, carista, h580, and vgate. Is there any reason these last 4 don't/cant work with Android versions?

Even within iOS the Vgate it's also not clear which version is the IOS-Vlink, I tried amazon with "ios Vlink" in search and it actually popped up 2 veepeak units (one Bluetooth 4.0 the other a wifi veepeak).

If I search vgate vlink instead it pops up only vgate units, one of them an iCar Pro BLE 4.0 unit that claims iOS & android support.
If this is supported by Leaf Spy on both Android and iOS I would give it a shot. A little leery since I tried the iCar 3 BLE version prior and despite their claim of auto sleep/wake function, somehow on my Leaf (2013 SV) it would only sleep, and never rewake (taking a full unplugging to rewake). Hm, OK going back to the product page on that iCar it seems they updated to say to save energy it requires an unplug to rewake, exactly how mine acted, whereas their original specs claimed rewake.

Tempted to try the vGate Pro (only $25-29) now that it again claims auto-wake, IF it might eventually be made to work with both iOS and Android versions of Leaf Spy. The veepeak ($30) would be OK too if it worked both platforms. Although LELink is 1 of 2 that are currently listed as working for both iOS and Android, higher price ($35) and seems to get a lot of QC problems, breakdown even after a while of working.

Turbo3 said:
Just go to this link to get the latest test version which is only waiting on me having time to update the Help file.

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.Turbo3.Leaf_Spy_Pro
If a Bluetooth 4.x adapter is not listed but is listed as supported on the iOS version it just means the adapter default to normal Bluetooth mode (not BLE) when connecting to an Android device.

TimeHorse said:
So it is vexing and I think either way I'm gonna have to buy a compressor.
Does your Leaf have a stand-alone compressor that plugs into the AUX (used to be cigarette lighter)? My 2015 "S" does, but I've only fished it out of the trunk area and stared at it ... haven't actually used it.

And sorry if this older issue has already been addressed/resolved in this loooooong thread stretching over the years. HTH.

Turbo3 said:
The post should really be in the Leaf Spy Lite topic not in Leaf Spy/Pro.
Pre-newbie with 2015 "S" I've owned for just at 12 months ... considering trial of Leaf Spy / Lite / Pro.

I've been working my way thru about 30 pages of the 170+ pages of this thread, and came across the reference to a separate "Leaf Spy Lite" thread/topic. However, when I click on that link, it takes me to the Amazon pages for purchase.

Is there a link to the separate thread for the Lite version?

(and sorry if I should have looked harder)

ldallan said:
Is there a link to the separate thread for the Lite version?
(and sorry if I should have looked harder)
Click "Search" above. In the search box enter "Leaf Spy Lite", but before you press enter select "Under Topic titles only" at the "Search within". This will give in exactly 1 search result, the thread you are looking for.
http://mynissanleaf.com/search.php?keywords=leaf+spy+lite&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

@Turbo3: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Turbo3.Leaf_Spy1 for non-Pro Leaf Spy still says
The only one currently recommended is the Bluetooth Konnwei KW902 which still supports all the needed ELM commands to communicate with the Leaf.
Can you remove that or change the verbiage to what the Pro version says?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Turbo3.Leaf_Spy_Pro says
The previously recommended Bluetooth Konnwei KW902 OBDII adapter is also no longer recommended as a batch of defective ones have made their way into the market. These will basically short out your Leaf's CAN bus (or any CAN bus they are plugged into). But when removed do not seem to cause any lasting damage.
For newer folks who don't know what I'm talking about, see http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=23776.

Ok, I remember it but can't find it. What is the workaround to join up Dropbox? I saw the one comment that says to redo link but I apparently do not have the option

DaveinOlyWA said:
Ok, I remember it but can't find it. What is the workaround to join up Dropbox? I saw the one comment that says to redo link but I apparently do not have the option
You need to be running the latest test version of LeafSpy Pro. Then start it and you will still get the message that Dropbox is being disabled. Go into Settings/Dropbox and Enable Dropbox again. On exiting Settings you will (after a few seconds) get the web page to login into Dropbox and allow LeafSpy access.

Back