2018 LEAF starts Volume production - First deliveries in January

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OrientExpress said:
Nissan will continue its current LEAF capacity warranty, guaranteeing about 70 percent of original capacity or more for eight years or 100,000 miles.

New LEAF battery capacity gauge is completely different (no bars) and a 70% capacity warranty would be different than current capacity warranty. Is this confirmed unofficially or simply relaying info that a capacity warranty still exists?

LeftieBiker said:
The problem is that the $30K 2018 Leaf S will still cost $7500 more than the $30K Leaf S costs now (MSRP) and even much more than that for a discounted 2017.
But still MUCH cheaper than Bolt/T3. Nissan lease terms should be STRONGLY considered even if your only intent is to buy. Its a huge money saver

DaveinOlyWA said:
LeftieBiker said:
The problem is that the $30K 2018 Leaf S will still cost $7500 more than the $30K Leaf S costs now (MSRP) and even much more than that for a discounted 2017.
But still MUCH cheaper than Bolt/T3. Nissan lease terms should be STRONGLY considered even if your only intent is to buy. Its a huge money saver

That certainly WAS true of Bolt leases. However, if I lease a Bolt LT with a discounted price of $26k, and the residual is still a nasty high 55%, that is still...about $14.5k - after paying a cheap $250 or so a month. Those terms don't make buying the car a terrible proposition.

LeftieBiker said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
LeftieBiker said:

That certainly WAS true of Bolt leases. However, if I lease a Bolt LT with a discounted price of $26k, and the residual is still a nasty high 55%, that is still...about $14.5k - after paying a cheap $250 or so a month. Those terms don't make buying the car a terrible proposition.

would have to see that cause I am several thousand away on leases here

DaveinOlyWA said:
LeftieBiker said:
WAS a huge money saver when Nissan was using leases to move unsold inventory. Time will tell what Nissan offers for the 2018 model. My guess (and I emphasize GUESS) is that the terms will be much less attractive outside of CARB states. I keep telling you folks that the Nissan LEAF from 2018 onwards is a compliance car, and its marketing will follow what we have seen from other compliance EVs.

LeftieBiker said:
If the tax credit ends early, the Leaf will quite possibly become a compliance car in the US, anyway.
Yeah, it is a question whether ~150 miles for $30k will be acceptable in the U.S. I suspect the price would have to drop considerably, to no more than $25k and maybe less (assuming all the other BEVs besides Tesla also drop their prices).

LeftieBiker said:
GM is offering their employee discount to everyone for December, on 2017 models, including the Bolt.

GM is making the smart move. They know the Bolt is overpriced and that this WILL steal LEAF customers away. But in Jan, it will be right back to profiteering because they know they can not compete with Nissan on value.

Back