Nissan Connect EV Distance Traveled only 1/4 of odometer

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snewberg

New 2017 leaf 6 days old. I have driven the car over 100 miles so far, but the Nissan Connect EV site has only recorded 23 miles. It seems to be missing individual trips on each day so far. The App and Website seem to be able to communicate to the car for climate control and charge status with occasional timeouts. When I unplug the car I get the alert within 30 seconds to email. So it would seem the car can communicate through the ATT network, but the NissanConnect EV site is either not processing the data, or the car is not delivering the data accurately. The car has not left a very populated area, so it should not be out of range of the ATT network. I checked the forum history and this does not turn up in a search. Has anyone else experienced this behavior?

Sorry, I can't help you. I basically never use the Nissan Connect EV website; it's never been reliable enough to bother with. Be happy you get unplugged status; half the time I don't! I collect trip data first hand using Leaf Spy Pro (and have it logged direct to dropbox).

Did you go into the menus and accept data exchange for 30 days? If not, you must accept it every time you start the car. The data for the trip will be missing if you do not authorize data transmission for that trip.

Just ordered the OBDII adapter for LeafSpyPro. Went back into the menu and entered the username / password again and made sure the setting was there for 30 days. I have not been seeing the prompt to share the information each time we started up, so thought it was working correctly. We will see how this goes for the next week and see if the milage lines up.

snewberg said:
New 2017 leaf 6 days old. I have driven the car over 100 miles so far, but the Nissan Connect EV site has only recorded 23 miles. It seems to be missing individual trips on each day so far. The App and Website seem to be able to communicate to the car for climate control and charge status with occasional timeouts. When I unplug the car I get the alert within 30 seconds to email. So it would seem the car can communicate through the ATT network, but the NissanConnect EV site is either not processing the data, or the car is not delivering the data accurately. The car has not left a very populated area, so it should not be out of range of the ATT network. I checked the forum history and this does not turn up in a search. Has anyone else experienced this behavior?

Waaaay back in the day when I had CARWINGS (since it was NOT an option) the site was terribly slow and was several days behind. The ability to get automated SMS notifications is no indication of the site's ability to process data.

Each time the car starts, the display confirms information sharing with Nissan is enabled. Only the first trip after the sign in process shows up in Nissan Connect, after that the trips don't register. I have confirmed the system is set to share data for 30 days. Is anyone getting Nissan connect to stay updated for trip information over the course of 30 days?

snewberg said:
Each time the car stars, the display confirms information sharing with Nissan is enabled. Only the first trip after the sign in process shows up in Nissan Connect, after that the trips don't register. I have confirmed the system is set to share data for 30 days. Is anyone getting Nissan connect to stay updated for trip information over the course of 30 days?

I just checked on the EV Connect web site. As far as I can tell, it has been logging all of the recent trips in my 2015. It showed 130.5 miles for a recent Saturday when I drove across the city and had 2 QCs in one day. The total for Monday matched my trip odometer to the nearest 0.1 mile.

I have a two month old 2017 Leaf and have been experiencing the same issues you're describing. I logged a ticket with NissanConnect customer support and they call me every couple of days to let me know that there's no known solution to the problem so far. I'll update if I get a resolution from them. Maybe if you log a ticket with them as well there will be more for them to go off of to solve.

I used the Contact Nissan link from NissanConnect at the bottom of the page, I got an email indicating they received the request, but it wasn't a ticket number and there has been no follow up. Where were you able to open a ticket from?

I spent some time with Nissan Connect EV Chat support last night. We ran through the settings and did not change anything. They confirmed the milage on the car does not line up with Nissan Connect. It was helpful to have notes recorded in the daily driving log for where the car went to confirm the difference. They are escalating to level 2. No ticket number.

It's sounds like you got through in the same method that I did with the chat. They said they escalated my claim to Tier 2 also and gave me a ticket number, we'll see what we hear. It sounds like LeafSpy might ultimately be the better option based on what I've read out here, give me your feedback after you've given that a try as I'm considering that option for myself as well

Got an update from Nissan this week. They said that the data is not being collected for all trips. They said to resolve, I could keep a travel log with GPS coordinates for my starting and ending locations and the total mileage. They thought they might be able to fully diagnose if I provide that to them. Haven't decided if it is worth my time to do so, but that's the update from them.

I got an update from Nissan today. They have confirmed that vehicle information is being sent for all trips, however sometimes the data has invalid information so it's getting tossed out. They are now passing the information to the next team for further diagnosis.

Hello snewberg - I was just curious if Nissan provided any additional feedback after escalation. I am experiencing the exact same issue on my 2017.

I believe Nissan is ignoring this issue. The client application has been updated, but the milage is still reporting only about 1 out of 4 trips. The only way this will get addressed is for more folks to open tickets with Nissan.

FWIW, I personally don't care about this issue as I never bother going to the web site to check my stats any more. If trips or distance is missing, too bad.

A bunch of us who paid to upgrade our TCU to support 3G since AT&T turned off their 2G network (rendering all 2011 to 2015 Leafs w/their stock 2G TCUs useless) already have enough issues w/the TCU getting into a bad state/hanging (requiring a fuse pull as a workaround) or having a yellow ! car light w/the yellow ! triangle sometimes. The latter seems to be related to having any saved charging locations and turning on auto-saving on this + having plug-in reminder enabled.

And, some folks are having 12 volt battery drain problems that seem to be caused by the 3G TCU. http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=497352#p497352 mentions engineer flew in from Singapore to observe and diagnose.

So, I'm just thankful that I receive notifications, can check charging status, send a remote charge command and use the remote climate control features, usually. When it quits working, I pull the fuse.

For those that are interested, it appears that Nissan has corrected the Telematics issue as of the end of March. I have had accurate data on both the web and app everyday since.

I’ve had my 2018 Leaf a week and have lost 50 miles or so. Wondering if it was the lack of clicking OK one time? How do/can you just accept this once and not have to worry again? I’ve seen the “for 30 days” comments but can’t see that option.

P.S. scratched the rear passenger side door last night :-( only a week old

Back