HEY!!! SELL YOUR LEAF! Temp price spike on used Leafs to end SOON!!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jake14mw said:
Any new information on when the 2018s should be widely available? I tried a google search and all I found was information from September. If I understand correctly, initial supplies of EV cars usually go to CA and the other EV friendly states. Does anyone think that this will cause a significant number of used Leafs to come on the market?

none whatso... there are some rumblings of possible increased activity levels on Nissan's end but nothing definitive. I am thinking a handful of Christmas deliveries to loyal current owners, etc. will be likely but nothing major until probably Mid Jan at the earliest

LeftieBiker said:
Unless they make me one of those 'loyal owners' and let me know in the next few weeks, I'll probably have to lease a Bolt.

yep, kinda sucks that "loyal owner" has a double meaning AKA "highly populated EV adoption area" owner... :?

In 2011, I went to a Seattle area dealer and will do the same now if given the chance. Or I could have waited 2 months for the LEAF to make its way 50 miles south to Oly....

About the transportation issues of buying a "far away" Leaf (OK, I'm a Rolling Stones aficionado). I was able to get my 2012 Leaf to a rural cabin 100 miles away successfully last week - essentially all highway driving. The only way was to call local dealers on my route and ask if I could use their J1772 chargers (forget any DC QC charging). A GM dealer on a half way spot agreed and I made the trip. Thanks to the Volt, I'd guess almost all GM dealers have one. Make sure they check the charge controller out as this dealer had two, but only one worked (the one in the repair shop). This is in BF Texas, so I'd guess with a little research, many trips could be planned and done successfully - just takes time (and lots of it).

Another interesting note - I drove one half of the trip going max 55 mph and registered 3.9 m/kwh. The other half was averaging 65 - drafting a big semi (not too close :shock: ) and registered 4.3 m/kwh.

Marktm said:
a "far away" Leaf (OK, I'm a Rolling Stones aficionado).
Ha ha, that's one of my favorite Stones songs! I'm a sucker for a jazz drummer turned rock drummer pretending to be a country drummer.

Dealer search of new LEAFs has seen the nationwide supply drop by over 50 but surprisingly, the local stock went up by more! I guess WA has become the LEAF hotbed! :)

Back