Leaf Spy Pro issue

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michalpacholczyk88

Hi Guys,

i've got problem with connection to dongle. I used Leaf Spy Pro previously with no problem but recently i installed newest release on new device (with Android 5.1.1) and it freezes on "Config ELM" status and then after few seconds try to retry connection. When i try to connect for the second time i've got "[bts] read failed, socket might closed, read ret: -1" exception. Any idea what is going on? I underline i my dongle is ok cause it was working. Thanks you in advance!

As a developer, that message means that the application can't get to the Bluetooth network stack. Is Bluetooth turned off on your phone? Are you in airplane mode? Do you have another application (e.g., Bluetooth phone to stereo) using Bluetooth?

hi thanks for reply, unfortunaltly none of your suggestion is valid. Moreover i've tried to conntect with dongle with three different devices (all with the newest relase) and all of them have the same issue... Is this problem with release (anybody works on this one), dogle or car?

I'm having a slightly different issue, and if it's been addressed before I apologize, but Leaf Spy Pro has been freezing on me, and it seems to happen at 167 seconds, the best I can tell. It will hook up fine, but after driving for a short time I start to notice that the battery % isn't dropping at all. For some strange reason, the braking/ motor draw graph still works, but everything else is frozen.
I'm considering un-installing the app and then reinstall it, but I thought I'd ask here first.

michalpacholczyk88 said:
Hi Guys,

i've got problem with connection to dongle. I used Leaf Spy Pro previously with no problem but recently i installed newest release on new device (with Android 5.1.1) and it freezes on "Config ELM" status and then after few seconds try to retry connection. When i try to connect for the second time i've got "[bts] read failed, socket might closed, read ret: -1" exception. Any idea what is going on? I underline i my dongle is ok cause it was working. Thanks you in advance!

I've had the issue when LeafSpy was opened with another instance running in background (even after application close), in which case a full power down and back up of phone resolved the issue. I've also had instances where I had to pull and reseat the OBD2 module when I got this error. I'm hoping you already tried both things and your problem is resolved.

warrenc said:
I'm having a slightly different issue, and if it's been addressed before I apologize, but Leaf Spy Pro has been freezing on me, and it seems to happen at 167 seconds, the best I can tell. It will hook up fine, but after driving for a short time I start to notice that the battery % isn't dropping at all. For some strange reason, the braking/ motor draw graph still works, but everything else is frozen.
I'm considering un-installing the app and then reinstall it, but I thought I'd ask here first.

freezing at 167 is the read. normally you should see a constant stream of changing numbers in status box

warrenc said:

Try disabling the motor/braking graph. I cannot enable that function without having Leaf Spy lock up soon after I start driving.

hi, back to the topic - i bought another dongle (same i vahe before) and right now Leaf Spy Pro freezes at "Config ELM" - soon after restart i have same problem as discribed before. Any ideas Guys?

warrenc said:
Try disabling the motor/braking graph. I cannot enable that function without having Leaf Spy lock up soon after I start driving.
Thanks, I will give that a try.

Mine locks up when I change screens. Seem to recall having this issue before and there was a setting to change? Jim told me? I have to look that up. It also freezes on the 167 screen.

I generally only power LS up to record battery stats once a day or when I am stretching range (a rarer thing with 30 kwh and more public chargers) so not sure how this issue reappeared or how long its been around?

Thanks for all the tips. I disabled the motor/braking screen and so far that seems to be working. I only went about 5 miles, but it stayed hooked up!

Back