Back up camera not working

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holli

When backing up, my back up screen remains on the stereo or whatever was on it before going into reverse. There is no image of what’s behind the car anymore. I also noticed the reverse lights are no longer working. The reverse chime is working however. Anybody have advice? I’ve checked the “rev lamp” relay fuse visually, and it looks good.

It seems closed. No door open symbol. Firmly shut numerous times. This has been going on for a month and it’s not intermittent, so I presume it is not the trunk being open.

Did you find a solution? Having the same problem.
FWIW a couple months ago my son had left the hatch open and I put in reverse, camera still worked, just had a view of the sky. So it's not related to hatch being closed.

No still haven’t found a solution. I am planning to pull a bunch of fuses to check them, but haven’t had the time. I think it could be an inappropriately marked fuse, but other than that, i’m not sure. Glad to hear i’m not alone. Have you tried any trouble shooting?

I think I figured it out. If you are looking under your hood, there is a fuse box on the far right. It's a bit trick to get open with four latches holding it shut. It is also wired liked nothing I've seen before. The fuse holders are actually in the lid, or the piece that you lift off of the box. Because it is wired like this, the fuses are difficult to access. There is one there marked "rev lamps". It's hard to see the location marker f16. the fuse you want is actually in a group of two, that stick out perpendicular to the rest of the them. It's in a funny little holder that actually fits into another fuse slot just like the majority of the fuses fit into. It's hard to describe and I'd submit photos, but I don't think I have that capability on the forum. Anyhow, my "rev lamp" 10a fuse was burnt out. I bet once I replace it the camera will work too.

Back