16" Alloys for Leaf S

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeamasR

My 2017 Leaf S came with the 16" steel wheels and covers. Am looking for a new (or used) set of wheels. I don't want to go to 17" because I want to buy snow tires to put on the steel wheels for the winter, and move my original 16" tires onto new wheels to use in the summer.

I get confused by the specs to get an exact replacement. Are these the correct specs? Am I missing one spec?

16"
6.5 inches wide
5 x 114.3 mm bolt pattern
Offset ?

Are there other Nissan 16" wheels which can be swapped in from another like a Sentra, Versa, Altima, etc.? What model, trim, and years? Might be able to find something from a recycle yard.

Something you might want to consider is getting a set of Nokian WR G3 94H XL All Weather tires. I have these on my 2014 S and they are awesome in the snow. They are rated to be as good a dedicated snows, but still work great in summer months on dry roads. This "all weather" category is a new one for tires. They are far superior to "all season" tires for winter conditions. I live in Alaska, and they have been wonderful in snow and ice. I previously had these on my Subaru as well. I have ALWAYS had a set of dedicated snow and dedicated summer tires until I discovered these. You might want to give them a look.

And if you do, get the 94 load rated tires which are much stiffer than the 89 or 91 rated tires that are generally suggested for the LEAF. The extra load range of the 94 will allow the tires to wear much better with the heavy LEAF.

Good luck.

The wheel info should be on page 9-5 of your owner's manual but here are the specs from my 2017S Leaf:

Steel/Al 16" wheels are 16 x 6.5J 40mm offset, tire size P205/55R16 89H
Al 17" wheels are 17 x 6.5J 45mm offset. tire size P215/50R17 90V

I'm not a Nissan expert but I've heard that nearly all Nissan 16" wheels use the same bolt pattern so you'd be primarily concerned about offset and width if you are searching for used rims. Many on-line tire stores sell wheels as well and if you look around you will find plenty of information about the wheels sizes on different Nissans and other makes as well.

You'll find several existing threads here on which wheels fit.

Also, I've looked on Craigslist for wheels but sellers seldom provide the specs. Fortunately, there are several good sites that provide original wheel specs for thousands of cars so you can cross-reference those specs to the Leaf specs. Here's one such site:

https://www.wheel-size.com/

For your Leaf, if you want 16" wheels then these are the specs you need to match:

Wheel size: 16"x6.5" (7" wide aluminum alloy wheels are OK too)
Bolt pattern: 5 x 114.3mm (this must be exact)
Offset: 40mm (positive)
Center bore: 66.1mm

Any wheel matching those specs should fit and anything close to those will likely fit too. Note that a lower offset will provide more clearance for the brake calipers, so should be OK.

This site helps too:

http://www.willtheyfit.com/

Before buying any wheels, mount one on a front hub and make sure it fits.

If you don't mind the looks, why not go for a used set of the factory alloys as used since 2011? That way you know they will fit. This eBay seller is selling refurbished ones for $134 each, though he's only got 3 left at this time: https://www.ebay.com/itm/16-16X6-5-Alloy-Wheel-Rim-for-2011-2012-2013-Nissan-Leaf-62564/282119846857?fits=Make%3ANissan%7CModel%3ALeaf&hash=item41afa73bc9:g:MgMAAOSwCcZaA1gU&vxp=mtr

Thanks to all, especially identifying the 2011-13 Leaf OEMs. I've also seen that some 2004 (I think) Altimas have the same spec wheels, Nissan part numbers 403002B100 and 403008J011. I think they look a bit nicer than the older Leaf wheels.

Also saw some Vision Cross style that I like. But they have a width of 7" instead of 6.5". I don't think my original tires will fit on these. Too bad since the look is nice. Don't think I want wider tires for winter so they don't work like snow shoes and float me above the precipitation.

I'll have to look into those All Weather tires, but only when I need to replace the original tires. Worst comes to worse, at least I have fresh tread (only about 4,000 miles so far) going into the winter.

SeamasR said:
Thanks to all, especially identifying the 2011-13 Leaf OEMs. I've also seen that some 2004 (I think) Altimas have the same spec wheels, Nissan part numbers 403002B100 and 403008J011. I think they look a bit nicer than the older Leaf wheels.

Also saw some Vision Cross style that I like. But they have a width of 7" instead of 6.5". I don't think my original tires will fit on these. Too bad since the look is nice. Don't think I want wider tires for winter so they don't work like snow shoes and float me above the precipitation.

I'll have to look into those All Weather tires, but only when I need to replace the original tires. Worst comes to worse, at least I have fresh tread (only about 4,000 miles so far) going into the winter.

Your orig tires WILL fit on the 16x7 Vision Cross. Not having seen the wheel tho, I wouldn't know if the spokes will clear the caliper. But, that could be easily remedied with some spacers if needed. I ran 17x9 245/45/17's on my Leaf and it handled incredibly! I've also run 5 other wheel/tire setups on the car. My "go to" at this point is a 215/60/16 as it gives extra ground clearance, corrects the speedo error and "extends the warranty" by tricking the odometer. Can't lose! Altho I ran those with 1" hub adapter spacers. Never tried fitting them without the spacers so couldn't tell you if that size would rub without them.

SeamasR said:

Do these 2002-2004 Altima alloy wheels DEFINITELY fit the 2011-2018 LEAF S (especially brake calipers)??

Link: http://www.factorywheelwarehouse.com/2002-2004-nissan-altima-16x6-5-62396?gclid=CjwKCAjwo87YBRBgEiwAI1LkqcmhDNkc974Tk9Z_XSqsjsK5unyc0Cynk-0O7dM62kkI3faYeA-KgBoCh58QAvD_BwE

I ask about 2011-2018 because I help Canadians export these EVs from the USA for import to Canada and I get this question often. Plus, I have a new 2018 S that I'd like to upgrade (hoping the answer is "yes" and the same for all years).

TiA

Back