OBDII adapter for 2016 Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brucevan

I have a 2016 Leaf and downloaded Leaf Spy Lite on my Android Galaxy S4 phone. It says the best OBDII adapter to get is a "Bluetooth 4.x LE" because it doesn't need pairing and suggests amazon.

The problem is I can't find an exact match to the 4.x LE terminology on Amazon. Lots of OBDII adapters but which one will work on my Leaf? There is tons of info on the forum discussing adapters but the information is overwhelming. I just want to get a reasonably priced ($15?) adapter the works. I don't want to order something only to find it won't work.

Can anyone help cut through the information fog and point to a good simple adapter for me?

Thanks

I bought the one that was recommended.
LELink Bluetooth Low Energy BLE OBD-II OBD2
$35 on amazon. It is almost flush with the car and my iPhone found it without pairing or wifi.
I would avoid the $15 one

The brands seem to change regularly but all seem to work. I chose one of the smallest and bought a "y" harness so I could have a plug where the dealership expects it and my own closer to me (at the base of the steering column where it meets the instrument panel. I chose one with an on-off feature so I wouldn't have to plug and unplug. I also followed one comment on the forum and chose wifi over bluetooth.
I figured I had enough blueteeth already. Actually, I bought one of each and the wifi seemed faster linking up. Neither was instant. I sold the slower one and am now happy with just one. You'll tire of looking at the battery cells after a while but checking tire pressures is still neat. It was nice to know I have nearly 18 miles of extra driving after the little voice warns me to charge up.

MAALI525 said:
I never meet such situation. To be honest, you need to pay attention on use mathods. But, the most important thing is that you should choose a good OBD2 scanner. What a great product is depends on your demends. As for me, I think ... is my best choice. I have used it for a long time. It worth a try.
A $160 ODB2 diagnostic tool instead of a dongle for remote access from LeafSpyPro?
(spam post reported)

Back