Swapping 2013 SV Nav/Radio into a 2017 S

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottoR

Hi All,

I've seen other topics covering putting aftermarket stereos into a LEAF, but I have a perhaps more unusual question:

Is it possible to swap the radio/nav/"infotainment center"/head unit (whatever they call it :D ) from a 2013 SV into a 2017 S?

Do they use the same wiring harnesses, will they talk to the CAN bus, and (as a side note) does Nissan put unused wiring harnesses for the 360deg camera system in vehicles that don't have the cameras?

Here's the background if you're curious:

I currently have a 2013 SV with nav and the premium sound/surround view package. (Or was it standard in the SV back then? Honestly I can't remember.)

The only dealer in my area with LEAFs has S models in stock, all of which have the standard radio. As I'm sure you're all aware, their MSRP is around $32K (these all have the quick charge option fitted). The nearest SLs and SVs are pretty far away from me, and are listed at $39K with all the bells and whistles.

The only thing I want that the base S doesn't have is a decent sound system, and preferably nav. The Around View Monitor feature is cool, but I can live without it.

So ideally I'd swap the two head units (as well as any trim, etc.) and speakers before getting rid of my '13.

Does this sound crazy?

Regards,
Scott

The SV/SL head unit does much more than Nav, Camera, and Entertainment, and is paired to the vehicle. It will not fit in the S model. There are aftermarket units that will fit the S, and make much more sense and cost less than what you are suggesting.

Back