How to buy if you're in the boonies...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where it's lived and where it is now, if they are different places. If it shows 12 bars, I would assume it has at least 85% SOH.
Sounds like a pretty decent deal to me, and I looked around a lot. I paid less, but I got a'13 SV from San Jose that had just lost it's first bar.
I figured that getting one cheap might help offset the cost of a possible battery replacement later, but with my commute it works great for me and should for quite some time.

eyemgh said:
Nor Cal born and raised by report. The Carfax will verify.
Nor Cal is very non-specific.

There are HUGE differences in temps due to our "microclimates":
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=464260#p464260

As I mention there, there can be a 38 degree difference on a hot day within only 50 miles. I also pointed out a 41 degree delta...

It lives in a town with a climate whose average high in the hottest month is 82 and commuted to a close by town where the average high in the hottest month is also 82. Certainly both get above 100, but rarely. San Luis Obispo was 108 few days ago!!! :shock: Neither is super cold in the winter, average 40 in January. I'm comfortable that IF the carfax supports the reported info that it lived in a reasonably healthy climate and was driven and charged as well as it could be. We'll find out. :D

I guess Redding is in Nor Cal and it gets hot as the blazes. Basically it's been in a climate VERY similar to Portland Oregon which, from what I gather, is pretty Leaf friendly weather.

Just append the VIN number to this URL:

http://cpo.nissanusa.com/nna/?

(including the ? on the end)

That will hopefully pull up a PDF of the original sales sticker, which should also show the name of the original dealer in the bottom right corner. Carfax history should show same...

Contact Platt Auto in Portland. I bought my Leaf there one and half years ago. They had 64 lease return Leafs. All inspected by Nissan. The salesman had Leaf Spy on his phone. Pick out the cars you're interested in from the Platt Auto website then call Greg Platt. I'm sure he would send you the Carfaxes and the Leaf Spy readings.

Back