EVgo user portal

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evoforce said:
What I was complaining about in this thread, is the outlandish price to charge at nrg/eVgo chademo stations.

A valid complaint. It's been explored in other threads, but briefly, it's a function of the market's infancy. Think of it as contributing to building out a basic, initial infrastructure.

It's only natural to opt for a lower cost QC if it's an available alternative, but if I need one somewhere where it's the only alternative, I'll gladly pay. I'd like to encourage more installations, and hopefully a more mature market with price competition.

But this thread isn't about that. It's about their newly opened user portal and the upcoming app, a giant leap for EVgo. (No longer affiliated with NRG)
Previously, you couldn't view your account at all.

Now the user portal has the power used, FINALLY! but the pw reset was not very intuitive. they say "symbol required" and listed a few but it took several cryptic fails before I realized the symbols listed weren't examples; they were the ONLY valid ones you could use.

Now if the alert messages would be "fixed" and start working. I have all of them on but get nothing.

Why do I have an option for "Charge Start" alert on a station that cannot be queued?

What about a "Charge Stop" message in case someone unplugs me before my charge is complete? (This happened to me a few months ago)

Just downloaded the new app. Noticed problems right off the bat. It opens to locator page where you type in the name of a town, city, state and it finds "nearby" EVgo charging stations. However, it has a short search radius, so if no charging station is within its range, it returns "no chargers found," when, in fact, I know one or two EVgo stations are within driving range. I didn't figure out the app's search radius, but you can tell its too short, at least for north jersey where stations here are few and far between. Didn't notice any way to change the radius, which would be nice. I tried to report this through the app's "report a problem" feature, but that page is missing a send button. Oh, the sign-up feature (where you would pick a username and pw) starts you off picking a payment plan. Well, I am already signed up for Evgo's flex plan and have a card without a user name or pw, and don't want to re-submit my name possibly initiating a second account. I am suspicious that the app is unusable for starting a charge unless you are logged in, so I figure it isn't worth investigating any further.

As I posted above, I got the new EVgo phone app and had problems with it. Well, now it is working better. Had to go to EVgo website and create a pw. Despite having set up no screen id previously, I could only do this by accessing the "forgot password" feature, using my email as my user name. Once created, my email and that new pw opened the login door on the phone app, which accessed my existing flex account. I think when I opened the flex account a year ago, I could not find a path on the website to create a screen id. Also, since my last post I found a work around for the unhelpful station search text box. By pressing the "map" icon, the nearest charging stations appear as map pins when you zoom out. Happy with it now.

Back