EV newbie, still shopping but I love the leaf!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man....Rocky Mountain power just did the $10,000 discount deal with Nissan (like many other utilities have) and I thought I could do a lease on a brand new Leaf for $17,500 less than the original price. Alas, it only applies to a purchase, not a lease.
As I'm trying to figure out these payments and see if I can get a good deal (I wish I lived in Colorado or that Utah would match CO in the $5000 state incentive!) the sales guy starts showing me used models. That's all fine and dandy, I'm all in for a good deal on a used 16 and I told him I need the 30kWh car because of the 80 mile commute I have. He tried to tell me I could do the commute in a 24kWh car as long as I could charge at both ends. I told him I can't do the drive in the winter in a 24kWh car without L2 charging at both ends and he insisted that I can because he has customers that live in Stansbury park (about 6 miles closer to the city than me) that use their cars with only L1 charging at work.
A-they have a 12-14 mile shorter commute than I do.
B-if they work right in Salt Lake, they are another 10-12 miles closer to work than I am.
C- 55-60 miles of range in the winter with MAYBE an additional 10-15 miles (from L1 charging for 10 hours) will not make my 80 mile commute.

No wonder so many people were so unhappy with these cars. They were WAY oversold on what they could expect from both the car and the charging capability on L1 charging.

Still waiting for the used ’16 but just before the registration was due on my legacy a good deal came up on a TDI Jetta so I'm probably going to be rocking that car for a while til I can afford to get a Leaf. I'm getting 38mpg but diesel fuel, parts and maintenance are all so expensive, I'm looking to get into a Leaf ASAP. :lol:

IssacZachary said:
mrp10000 said:
Buy while EVs are cheap. Gas will go back up in the long run at some point and some of your money will be recovered.
Seems like the tropical storm that passed through Texas just made gasoline prices go up.
Indeed. Diesel is anywhere from $2.60 to $3 per gallon. Gas is $2.50+ everywhere around here now too...

If you are in California or other CARB state Nissan needs the credits and highly discounts the car. I just leased another B250E. The list was 47,864 but the lease cost was 32,900. Mercedes is also desperate for credits.

GlennD said:
If you are in California or other CARB state Nissan needs the credits and highly discounts the car. I just leased another B250E. The list was 47,864 but the lease cost was 32,900. Mercedes is also desperate for credits.
Nope, I'm in Utah.
I considered buying one in California but it seems like they're flooded with S model Leafs and I've been after an SL or SV. See the above post. :p

ifwIkWC.jpg

Little late on the picture but I got the car Monday and have put 500 miles on it already. :lol:

Tsiah said:
GlennD said:
Nope, I'm in Utah.
I considered buying one in California but it seems like they're flooded with S model Leafs and I've been after an SL or SV. See the above post. :p

I know I have had two SL's the second one was searched for . My original dealer only has S's. Not many dealers stock the top of the line cars. Fontana Nissan is mentioned as a good dealer but they had no SL's.

Back