2018 Nissan Leaf - teaser video !

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeamChargePoint

The Nissan Leaf is the best-selling EV in history! With the global debut of the 2018 Nissan Leaf on September 5th, do you think the new Leaf will break sales records too, and what are you hoping for in the 2018 model?

Here's the 2018 features teaser video from Nissan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9PCjspCiXM

Source: Green Car Reports: http://bit.ly/2vzbDq8

Concur. The original thread is 180+ pages long with people bickering and insulting each other over their different speculations and theories about what Nissan should do. As Leaf 2 actually rolls out, we need one that actually discusses the actual car. Also, if the Tesla discussion can be kept in the Tesla threads, the new Leaf 2 thread might actually be only about half as long.

Admin: Can we please get a clean thread going on the actual car once it is launched? Perhaps create another thread for the Leaf 2 vs. Tesla 3 for those who want to debate that. And another thread for people who want to complain that Nissan didn't make the Leaf 2 using their theories on what it should be. I really don't want to be reading through another 180 pages of bickering to find out actual stuff people learn about the Leaf 2 and a prospective buyer might need to know. I can't be the only one.

DarthPuppy said:
Concur. The original thread is 180+ pages long with people bickering and insulting each other over their different speculations and theories about what Nissan should do. As Leaf 2 actually rolls out, we need one that actually discusses the actual car. Also, if the Tesla discussion can be kept in the Tesla threads, the new Leaf 2 thread might actually be only about half as long.

Admin: Can we please get a clean thread going on the actual car once it is launched? Perhaps create another thread for the Leaf 2 vs. Tesla 3 for those who want to debate that. And another thread for people who want to complain that Nissan didn't make the Leaf 2 using their theories on what it should be. I really don't want to be reading through another 180 pages of bickering to find out actual stuff people learn about the Leaf 2 and a prospective buyer might need to know. I can't be the only one.

Here here, I second that motion!! :D

Newporttom said:
There needs to be a new thread. Not one that was started 3 years ago with tons of incorrect informaton.
No.

PLEASE no...

Very soon we will have a myriad of individual threads dedicated to the Gen 2 LEAF by performance characteristics (efficiency, range, etc) features (Propilot, e-pedal, etc.) delivery dates, purchase/lease experience, and many other subjects.

Feel free to start threads on any of these subjects you want, but IMO we DO NOT need another mega-thread, polluted with multitudes of off-topic comments.

edatoakrun said:
Newporttom said:
There needs to be a new thread. Not one that was started 3 years ago with tons of incorrect informaton.
No.

PLEASE no...

Very soon we will have a myriad of individual threads dedicated to the Gen 2 LEAF by performance characteristics (efficiency, range, etc) features (Propilot, e-pedal, etc.) delivery dates, purchase/lease experience, and many other subjects.

Feel free to start threads on any of these subjects you want, but IMO we DO NOT need another mega-thread, polluted with multitudes of off-topic comments.

LOL!! The treadmaster speaks!

edatoakrun said:

I concur we need to avoid the mega-thread. Yes, multiple threads is what is needed so each aspect gets coverage similar to how Leaf 1 got covered with much useful information in threads that could actually be read and remained relatively close to the thread topic. I only tossed out a few examples but you list a few more good options. The key point is not to tell people to put all things relevant to the actual Leaf 2.0 into that already polluted mega-thread. That thread should be closed and possibly deleted as soon as Leaf 2.0 is finally unveiled. I pity the poor soul who thinks about buying the Leaf 2.0 and comes to this site to learn and then encounters that thread and attempts to learn about the car from it. The amount of misinformation from years of speculation would be very confusing.

LeftieBiker said:
Not to mention the obsessive Tesla/Leaf weenie measuring.

So, is it 8:25PM EDT?

sounds about right. Youtube live starts at 5 PM Pacific and there is always several minutes of nothingness then an intro before anything happens.

DarthPuppy said:
edatoakrun said:

I concur we need to avoid the mega-thread.
I don't understand this forum's desire to have everything stuck into a single thread.

I've created a new thread for the reveal / premier on Sep 5.

Remember there is a separate sub-forum for Leaf 2. Feel free to start new threads - but give better titles. No point having a zillion "Leaf 2018 !" threads.

We can make this the new thread discussing only the actual features of the 2018, considering they launch just a few short days!
I can update the original post with talking points and any newly released information from Nissan, or what do you all prefer?

What should be done, like other forums, is that this forum make a new category for the Gen 2 Leaf and then have separate categories for this generation of car. otherwise it will be impossible to navigate endless information...

RangeRider said:
Pre-ordered mine last night! Was a model 3 reservation holder but the leaf appealed to me more.

Were they willing to negotiate away from the MSRP for the pre-order?

No I think I'm paying a fair price. I'm in Canada and going for the SV trim at $39,598 Canadian minus a rebate of $12,300. My net cost for a pretty decent EV will be $27298 Canadian or $21326 US. I can't go wrong with that price. :D

Back