Anyone crazy enough to drive from SF Bay to Disneyland?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UsedLeaf

Just curious if anyone has done this trip? If it is even doable. Right now we take the hybrid, but I like the thought of not paying for gas on the way down tho.

It's been done (FTM, one of our early members drove from Tijuana to British Columbia aka BC2BC) and return, but it's essentially a driving adventure rather than a practical use of your time. He came up 101 and 1 to the Bay Area and used a lot of NEMA 14-50s at RV parks, but you can now take 99 and use CHAdeMO the whole way - see Plugshare: https://www.plugshare.com/# and be sure to turn off everything but CHAdeMO (and J1772 if you want to see places to stay) on the Settings page (the gear wheel icon) and also de-select Residential Chargers and Public Stations (leave the latter on when looking for places to stay) . The few along I-5 seem to be somewhat unreliable, so I'd stick with 99 for now. But if you just want to get there and back, leave the BEV at home and take the hybrid.

I have notes on the trip if you want. I have done SF from LA 1 time and Fresno a few times. It is not hard just long. The key is the grapevine if the station is out at Gorman it is a slow trip from Bakersfield. I/m me if you want the notes.

Back