Heel Guard for Driver Side Mat?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmand

My previous car was a 2015 leaf. Over 2.5 years my heel wore a whole in the drivers mat that actually started to create one in the flooring below. I'm sure this is unusual and due to my pattern of using the pedals and perhaps the type of shoe I wear .

I now have a new 2017 leaf and I expect the same will happen over time. I wonder if there is some kind of heel guard that I can get to protect the mat.

As it happens I actually have an extra brand new leaf driver side mat that I bought new off of Ebay for the 2015. I never actually got around to using it in the 2015 and its identical to the one in the 2017. I thought I might just double up the mats, but the hook that secures the mat is not long enough for 2. If nothing else I could wait until the wear on one gets near to wearing through, and switch.

I also thought about getting an all weather mat, which might be more heel resistant. The leaf original is only sold as full sets for about $100 which is more than I'm inclined to pay for 1 mat.
The third party ones, even when they say for leaf, usually don't have holes for the hooks.

Any suggestions?

Jedlacks said:
I spent about $100 on weather tech, and I took the mats out and put them away.

I have always liked weather tech’s products! I usually buy the heavy duty more ‘rubbery’ thick type than teh liners, but they don’t appear to offer those for our car. Apparently you can spill coffee / soda on the thinner liners and it’ll be okay, but I live in the PacNW where it’s wet & sloppy 9 months of the year and like the other kind better. I may call them to ask. I agree though that the stock mats made out of recycled soda bottles (or whatever) are not that great. My dealer didn’t even pull the protective plastic out from under them when they delivered the car, I need to step up my game.

Back