Great service OpenEVSE

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenTheRighteous

I just wanted to give a quick shout to Chris from OpenEVSE. I recently discovered that my OpenEVSE was running too hot and limiting the current available to charge as a safety feature. I emailed OpenEVSE support and Chris was just fantastic. Always quick to reply to messages, and the replacement parts he sent out all arrived within a few days.

On top of the outstanding support, they have a great product in the first place as well. Of course you get a dud part every now and then, otherwise I'm completely happy with my OpenEVSE. Solid, high-quality parts, not skimping on safety features, and reasonably priced. I also liked being able to fix the unit myself rather than being forced to send it in for service, which let me keep using it at least at its reduced capacity while I waited on parts to arrive.

Obviously I'd highly recommend OpenEVSE to anyone who might be in the market. Thanks Chris, two thumbs up from me!

I agree - plus the ability to communicate with arduino platforms (RAPI language) to experiment with LE bluetooth, custom menus, control the charge rate based on solar PV production and I'm sure many others.

Back