The battery health status of my leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

readonly

Hi,

I bought a off-lease 2015 Nissan Leaf S with quick charger two months ago. Currently it has about 17000 miles with 16 Quick charge and 570 L1/L2 charges. From the screen capture of Leafspy Pro (see the attachment), Its AHR is 56.61 and SOH=91%. As I understand, AHR should be
66*91%=60.06, which is very different from 56.61 shown in leafspy. Could anyone help me to understand the difference?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3P-Htjno6CNLWdCMS1KaG5HS3Mtb01vcm92cUhHZVh4T2Iw/view?usp=sharing

Thanks

gqchen

I'm no expert on this, but it looks to me like the Hx and AH do match. I don't know why the SOH is too high. Two months should have been long enough for a BMS reset to make itself obvious. Do you regularly charge to 100%, or do you end all or most charges early?

I think 66 AHr was a default setting in the LBC (lithium battery controller) on earlier cars. The controller learns the actual capacity fairly quickly so the numbers drop rapidly at first. The replacement battery in my 2011 (original type from Japan, not battery from TN factory) started at 65.60 AHr when I plugged into the OBDII port in the parking lot across the street from the dealer, but was down to 62.06 at home after driving 12 miles.

I think the 2015s are different because mine started at 64.38 AHr, 100% SOH and stayed there for over 4 months before starting to drop slowly. Although I roll up miles a lot faster, my numbers were similar to yours since I had 56.96 AHr, 91% SOH, 87.32% Hx, 13 QC, and 308 L1/L2 at 17,310 miles (after a little less than 11 months of use). Therefore, I think your battery is OK with normal deterioration due to time and mileage.

Back