Car sear covers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnRB46

can anyone help suggest a supplier for car seat covers for the Leaf which allow access to seat all rear seat belts and ISOFIX points - we transport our grand-children quite often/

These guys have good quality seat covers at a reasonable price, specifically designed for the Leaf:

http://www.shearcomfort.com/Seat-Covers-for-2013-Nissan-Leaf

I don't know what model year you have, so adjust that URL to match your model, or just go to http://www.shearcomfort.com and use the drop down menus on the main page to specify your car.

Has anyone ordered these from Shearcomfort? The Leatherette covers look pretty good, close to what I want (if only the stitching was a blue accent like the 2017 cloth) , but not sure how the fit will be in the end since the site doesn't have any photos for the LEAF.

COEV said:
Have you put the new covers on yet?

Got them few weeks ago. Been super busy at work. I tried quickly fitting them to a driver seat, but it was not straightforward due to no way to route seat cover straps between back rest and the seat. I will have to make small cuts in the seat fabric to make openings for the straps. The seat covers also have this annoying "new" smell that I find unpleasant. Not a new car smell but some kind of chemical smell. That was one of the reasons why I was not in a rush to install these covers.

AntronX said:
COEV said:
Have you put the new covers on yet?

Got them few weeks ago. Been super busy at work. I tried quickly fitting them to a driver seat, but it was not straightforward due to no way to route seat cover straps between back rest and the seat. I will have to make small cuts in the seat fabric to make openings for the straps. The seat covers also have this annoying "new" smell that I find unpleasant. Not a new car smell but some kind of chemical smell. That was one of the reasons why I was not in a rush to install these covers.

Any chance we can get an update on this? Or better yet, some pictures?

powersurge said:
You gotta be crazy spending $200+ on a set of cloth seat covers for a leaf... What are you protecting? a $200 set of cloth seats?

LOL ... I think you misunderstand the reasoning. I don't care about the cloth seats, I want a better seating surface. The cloth seats are dirt magnets, hence the search for leatherette or maybe even leather to replace them. I wanted an SL for the leather seats, but there just weren't any available when I bought my LEAF.

Back