2013 Nissan LEAF with a Spare tire and no Trunk space lost!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TonyWilliams said:
Lasareath said:
The seller said it was an Altima spare.

Sal

2002 - 2010 Altima spare should fit front and rear. The Nissan van spare won't (I have both).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-08-09-10-11-12-NISSAN-ALTIMA-135-90-16-RIM-SPARE-TIRE-WHEEL-DONUT-NEW/221150236989?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D17396%26meid%3D825680906980340905%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D8093%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D251321977796%26" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have you verified the NISSAN ALTIMA 135/90/16 RIM SPARE TIRE WHEEL will work front and back , on a 2012 16" Leaf ?

Thanks ,
Wyr
God bless

LeftieBiker said:
I got my new old stock (or unused used, if you prefer) Altima compact spare the other day, and this evening I unpacked it and put it in the car. The lug spacing appears to be the same - 4.25" for both OEM and spare.

The Good: this is a big donut spare, and it should be safe to drive it at 55MPH, although it says 50MPH on the tire. I assume that the Altima from the last decade was heavier than the Leaf...

The bad: this is a big donut spare, and it won't even lie flat in the cargo compartment with the Bose subwoofer present. I have a piece of foam pipe insulator between the tire and the edge of the subwoofer that is partly supporting it. Those who want a better fit might want to consider the smaller size donut. I'll be getting a thick plastic or canvas bag for it; for now it's in a black plastic garbage bag. I still don't have a jack, but at least now I can call Better World roadside assistance and have them mount the spare for me.

Slightly OT: I'm hoping to acquire a good used set of Goodyear UltraGrip snows for it. We've used them on other cars and liked them. Anyone have them on their Leaf?

Will it fit the front without rubbing / dragging ?

thanks ,
Wyr
God bless

I purchased a spare (donut) from EBAY and when I tried it on the right front it made a scraping sound when I drove the car. Did anyone buy a spare that did not do this? If so, please let me know what car it came from. Also, if anyone has cut out the space under the rear deck let me know how that turned out.
AAA is mounting (excuse the put) a campaign to require spare tires as they are probably carrying the brunt of these flat tire issues. I hope they are successful.

dosswelsh said:
I purchased a spare (donut) from EBAY and when I tried it on the right front it made a scraping sound when I drove the car. Did anyone buy a spare that did not do this? If so, please let me know what car it came from. Also, if anyone has cut out the space under the rear deck let me know how that turned out.
AAA is mounting (excuse the put) a campaign to require spare tires as they are probably carrying the brunt of these flat tire issues. I hope they are successful.

Mine is a Aluminium Wheel donut from an Altima.

In the beginning of this post I list the size you should look for.

WyrTwister said:
LeftieBiker said:
Slightly OT: I'm hoping to acquire a good used set of Goodyear UltraGrip snows for(my Leaf). We've used them on other cars and liked them. Anyone have them on their Leaf?

Will it fit the front without rubbing / dragging ?

thanks ,
Wyr
God bless

Late, but here it is: I put Goodyear Ultragrip snows on my 2014 Leaf S (205/60-16). They don't rub, give a good ride, and even though we have been buried with 185% of regular snowfall, I haven't gotten stuck yet. Great tires.

I pulled the trigger and got 350Z rims for my Leaf, the 18" 6 spoke ones from 2003. They look awesome, all the other Leafs look wimpy in comparison. This wheel is much bigger so I'll have to scare up a 350Z spare and pull the trigger on that and mount it underneath.

Totally rad man.

IMG_5760_zpsic101ziz.jpg

I can’t recall but it’s 9 or 14 fasteners. Half plastic push ones and the other half actual bolts.

It was pretty easy to remove. But I drove backwards up a pair of steel ramps. Which made it much easier.

The images in the 1st post are dead links. @UBUYGAS or others — do you have photos to share? I'd like to install an Altima spare in the dead space hidden by the plastic cover under the load floor.

I have a 2" Ecohitch and also need to assess compatibility.

Back