1000 WATT Stereo Install - New Tweeters, New Drivers + SUB!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have already installed a sub and amp in my Leaf and now I'm moving onto the full range speakers. I'll be replacing the stock tweeters. Did you ever find a way to get replacement "green tabs" for the A pillar cover? Or some other way to re-secure it? I'd really hate to get hit in the face by the cover if the airbags go off.

pseudosavant said:
I have already installed a sub and amp in my Leaf and now I'm moving onto the full range speakers. I'll be replacing the stock tweeters. Did you ever find a way to get replacement "green tabs" for the A pillar cover? Or some other way to re-secure it? I'd really hate to get hit in the face by the cover if the airbags go off.

I did not, they are on my to-do list but it keeps getting longer and longer. Someone else posted here I think a link to buy them for pretty cheap.

Been smelling something burning past couple nights when driving my car. Narrowed it down to the trunk and found it just now.

It might just be a loose wire. I may have to just clip 1” off and strip the insulator and Torque down the screw.

What you think?

That Amp the wire feeds is 600 watts.

https://youtu.be/9dg3qE53wcM

All Done, Took 30 photos and made a 6 min video, Working well.

Video: https://youtu.be/bUVmA0dsqt8

01. Amps, Fuse Blocks, Line Converter, Mounting
8qk2kxegl4xy.jpg

02. Disconnected the Hot wire from the 12V Battery
szbvs8vd233p.jpg

03. Big Mess in the trunk, Maybe I should clean it a bit today
x2ub50agy4gb.jpg

05. Big Huge Mess, Everything mounted to the piece of Plywood
d07anp7a3f7n.jpg

04. I made the slack of the Sub cable long enough so you can remove it from the trunk and still keep it connected
ebmwa4wgxy75.jpg

06. Burnt Power Wire
n2bfiu6ckv4s.jpg

07. Melted Plastic cover, Crack Mounting
q0yab5xkklo3.jpg

08. Wow!, That mount is Cracked and Loose!, I think it was touching the other Power Cable
690u5xh7x5lf.jpg

09. More Bad news
6fcwqxuvibx6.jpg

10. That wire is really cooked!
21y85wk4ocao.jpg

11. I'm going to make my own Fuse holder by joining these two
6fg0jn0bs12a.jpg

12. It looks like it could work!
oh1c2cpgy6y8.jpg

13. I filed down the Burnt and melted Plastic
u020onfyjjrg.jpg

14. I Temporarily secured the fuses so I can drill some mounting holes
q350qleu5jjb.jpg

15. I re-Secured the 1/0 Orange wire from my 12V battery and screwed the mount down
0usiyfa1g0yp.jpg

16. The 4 Gauge from the 4 chan amp is re-connected
txd7giybyb4n.jpg

17. I used some Double Sided Tape to hold it together better
ki0bwpb2gbci.jpg

18. Then two 1 inch screws secured both together, 4 Screws Total
i2o2gcilg8n1.jpg

19. Re-Attached the 4 Gauge going to the Sub Amp
eel65mja1h8w.jpg

20. Add fuses
8xxkj1flg0mn.jpg

21. Both Fuses added, It looks good!
ko9n9csvil09.jpg

22. I tested it and it works!
vdmy6h2pzj4s.jpg

23. It all works!, Sounds Great!
4rr3gl8wpa4t.jpg

24. Time to make these covers work together
88m5drxqlj9g.jpg

25. I need to zip tie these down
fcl0tgco0896.jpg

26. I mounted that Zip-Tie mount with 2 one inch screws
9xi5idxidxve.jpg

27. With Flash on
ygv9g1p8axpb.jpg

28. Zip Tied and Secured
2svu5lya7c70.jpg

29. Vacuumed a little bit
36yzppx0koyl.jpg

30. Its very cold out and very windy, Gotta wait to the spring to make this pretty
oliit679ceq2.jpg

Just found this post. Have you had any issues with the 12v battery draining with those amps? I am about to install an amp and sub in my "19 Leaf but I'm a little hesitant based on research I've found so far.

As long as you change your ICE habits so you only run the stereo with the car in Ready mode (never in Accessory mode), the DC-DC converter will be running to power the system. With most EVs it's best to forget about ever using the accessory mode anyway.

Sorry, the email associated with this website I don’t monitor and so I did not see your question.

I installed this system when the LEAF was 4 months old. The original battery lasted till 49 months and 52,000 miles.

Here’s a post when I replaced it.

https://instagram.com/p/BUFEn9bjb4j/

bosch.jpg

ccduncan said:
Just found this post. Have you had any issues with the 12v battery draining with those amps? I am about to install an amp and sub in my "19 Leaf but I'm a little hesitant based on research I've found so far.

Back