FS 2011 Leaf with new battery $8,990

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mx5racer

Sold
I am selling my 2011Leaf SL - $8,990
36,500 miles
New tires - Premier A/S
New traction battery
Great condition
wet okole seat covers from month 2
240v converted Nissan EVSE
Leaf DD display
Rear Cargo Organizer
Tinted windows
Silver without QC port
I just received a new battery under warranty 3 weeks ago and have only charged a few times since.
[email protected]
(714) 858-9655

nDDZrZ.jpg

tdiQKY.jpg

6nazbF.jpg

more images here
https://imageshack.com/a/tcK4/1

Orange County CA

(Sorry if this sounds like a thread crap...)
DaveinOlyWA said:
I am amazed the car has not sold yet. you need to put it out there in more places
It's because it's competing against cars w/a LOT more warranty left and more features, but w/less battery capacity left.

My '13 Leaf SV w/premium package w/under 24K miles was $9,325 + tax and license. At the time I bought it, it had about 11 months left on the 3 year/36K mile basic warranty.

An '11 would be missing so many features I have such as 6.x kW OBC, hybrid heat pump heater, dedicated heater on/off button, Bose stereo, Around View Monitor, B-mode, % SoC display, etc.

OP: What was your original in-service date? I think potential buyers would like to know.

cwerdna- It has a brand new traction battery!

I'd rather have a 2011 or '12. Other than the 6kW charger, I don't want the "improvements" in the newer cars. I would be interested if this one had the QC.

91040 said:
cwerdna- It has a brand new traction battery!

I'd rather have a 2011 or '12. Other than the 6kW charger, I don't want the "improvements" in the newer cars. I would be interested if this one had the QC.
I know the first point, but for me, I sure didn't want a '13 SV without premium package as I'd have regrets from not having the better stereo and AVM. And, for me, 6 kW OBC rocks (http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=417393#p417393).

If I were in the market, I certainly wouldn't want this car for $8,990 vs. the $9,325 car I bought ('13 SV w/premium package) because it's missing so many things I liked on my former '13 SV w/both packages and the below re: warranty.

The 3 year/36K mile warranty is gone and there's a lot less left on the rest of the warranties, so there's greater risk of something failing due to time and mileage and not being covered.

I personally don't care about paying more $ for the CHAdeMO inlet (my reasons in the last 3 links of http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=435604#p435604).

To each his/her own, I guess.

It doesn't really matter how good the stereo is or how fast you can charge if you don't have any battery capacity.

This car has a 2015 battery that should still have good range 4 years from now.
I don't know if the 2013 cars will have battery degration in time to allow for replacement.

A 2013 with 11 bars is already down 14% from this car.
Basically this car will have useful range for 2 years longer than a 2013.

Mx5racer said:
It doesn't really matter how good the stereo is or how fast you can charge if you don't have any battery capacity.
It depends on the driver's range autonomy needs and owner's requirements/wants. Given what the '13+ has in stereo choices, I wouldn't get one w/o the premium package's better stereo. I've stated many times that I'm enjoying the Bose stereo (despite me being no fan of Bose) and LOVE the Around View Monitor.

My commute's only 12 miles each way. I prefer to be able to start charging much later and not tie L2 spaces for unnecessarily long times. And, I like being able to pick up juice almost twice as fast at free public L2 charging about 5 miles from home. On weekends/days off, I sometimes plug in, walk over to Chipotle or a nearby restaurant to eat and then come back. Or, I stop by, on the way home on those off days to catch up on email, some surfing on my phone, talk on the phone or clean up my junk snail mail while charging.
Mx5racer said:
This car has a 2015 battery that should still have good range 4 years from now.
I don't know if the 2013 cars will have battery degration in time to allow for replacement.
True.
Mx5racer said:
A 2013 with 11 bars is already down 14% from this car.
But neither the '13 Leaf I returned at end of lease nor the used one I bought are down a capacity bar. Hx/SOH readings at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=431208#p431208 and http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20384&p=434696&hilit=hx+soh#p434696.

Sorry if this comes across as dissuading people from buying. It's not my intent, but there is the reality of the Leaf resale value situation. However, somehow you might be in luck given what I posted at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=435924#p435924. Good luck!

Oh, and I also think Dave's statement is from what I believe are higher prices in the Pacific Northwest (e.g. http://plattauto.com/). I can understand a price premium there, given cars there have less battery degradation than CA cars.

The moral of this story, IMO, is what a waste it is to replace the battery, in any BEV without DC capability.

The actual cost to Nissan to add a DC port to this LEAF would probably have been under 20% of what Nissan states is the cost of replacing the battery pack, and would probably have had nearly as great an effect in increasing the resale value as replacing the battery did, in any region where DC charge sites are available, which a ~ a few years, should be nearly everywhere.

Unless of course, you account for the fact that the OE battery may have a lot more value to Nissan, than the $1,000 core charge...

If I had the money I would be all over this, QC or no. Even knowing the car is also out of bumper-to-bumper warranty. A full capacity 2015 battery pack is more than compensatory for the other (relatively minor) shortcomings.

Plus, as 91040 points out, there are many things that are better about the 2011/2012 cars (particularly the 2011 cars, IMHO).

mwalsh said:
Plus, as 91040 points out, there are many things that are better about the 2011/2012 cars (particularly the 2011 cars, IMHO).
I disagree, other than having the noisemaker on/off button and supposedly slightly faster acceleration off the line.
91040 said:
You can install a Brusa to improve changing time. http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=435969#p435969
That's more $ on a totally unsupported part with no warranty.

For me, it wouldn't make up for the far less warranty remaining, no basic warranty left, no Bose stereo and no Around View Monitor, no black interior as a choice, no hybrid heat-pump heater, no dedicated heater on/off button and no B-mode.

(I am also not a fan of adding aftermarket stereo equipment as I've personally had a car broken into where the thief stole the stereo.)
edatoakrun said:
The moral of this story, IMO, is what a waste it is to replace the battery, in any BEV without DC capability.

The actual cost to Nissan to add a DC port to this LEAF would probably have been under 20% of what Nissan states is the cost of replacing the battery pack, and would probably have had nearly as great an effect in increasing the resale value as replacing the battery did, in any region where DC charge sites are available, which a ~ a few years, should be nearly everywhere.
The OP spend no $ on that, but that's interesting way the look at it. Hadn't thought of it that way.

For whatever reason, the QC port has some perceived value to some people, enough to actually significantly raise resale value/desirability, as I found when I was looking for a used Leaf. I suspect this is caused by people getting it "just in case" and having little/no idea that the QC infrastructure is either fairly crappy and/or actually very pricey to use (e.g. http://www.nrgevgo.com/san-francisco-bay-area/ or Bilnk's $0.59/kWh).

cwerdna said:
I disagree, other than having the noisemaker on/off button and supposedly slightly faster acceleration off the line.

Japan build quality over TN any day of the week. Everything else out of a 2013 I couldn't live without, I already found a way to adapt to my 2011 (basically, the sun visors).

mwalsh said:
Japan build quality over TN any day of the week. Everything else out of a 2013 I couldn't live without, I already found a way to adapt to my 2011 (basically, the sun visors).
Yes - definitely '11 build quality was better, including better sound proofing.

But '13 has a few things that have come in handy - enough for me to prefer '13 over early '11.
- Seat heater (may be doesn't matter in SoCal)
- Heat pump
- Slightly larger trunc
- 6.6 kW charger

evnow said:
But '13 has a few things that have come in handy - enough for me to prefer '13 over early '11.
- Seat heater (may be doesn't matter in SoCal)
- Heat pump
- Slightly larger trunc
- 6.6 kW charger

Don't need seat heaters much. Even less with climate change making California warmer in winter. Same with the heater. Though you'll recall I fitted my car with an aftermarket, OEM look seat heater kit.

Don't need extra trunk space much.

Faster L2 charging would be nice, but I could always go the Brusa route. In fact, the only reason I didn't when it was being done before is that I didn't want to void my warranty.

Back