How to set that *(% clock

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nubo said:
How long do we spend on Standard Time these days.... what is it, like 2 1/2 weeks? :roll: :lol: I just leave it on DST and account for the difference.
I've done that with all my cars for many years.

(And, yes, the 2014 SL DST setting means advance the clock 1 hour from computed time, not do automatic advance/fallback. This is probably better than my digital recorder that screws up the changes twice a year, or another clock that does it on the previously defined weekends.)

keydiver said:
The clock behind the steering wheel is controlled by the menu buttons by your left knee, not the Settings menu with the MFD screen.

On my 2015 the buttons by my left knee all have single dedicated uses. One just heats the steering wheel, one just opens the latch for the charge port, etc. None has a menu, and none have anything to do with the clock. The Clock option under Settings is the right place. It has a 24hr option, and the indicator light goes on and off as I press, but even with the light off it still uses 24 hour time.

DesertDenizen said:
keydiver said:
The clock behind the steering wheel is controlled by the menu buttons by your left knee, not the Settings menu with the MFD screen.

On my 2015 the buttons by my left knee all have single dedicated uses. One just heats the steering wheel, one just opens the latch for the charge port, etc. None has a menu, and none have anything to do with the clock. The Clock option under Settings is the right place. It has a 24hr option, and the indicator light goes on and off as I press, but even with the light off it still uses 24 hour time.
We're talking about the cluster of 4 buttons, 2 of which DO have to do with menus. Please see pages 2-27 and 2-30 of the '15 Leaf manual at https://owners.nissanusa.com/content/techpub/ManualsAndGuides/LEAF/2015/2015-LEAF-owner-manual.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. One has two "windows"/squares and another has a dot in it.

Are you saying you're on your third Leaf and you don't know how to operate the "trip computer" via the two buttons in the top row of the cluster of 4 buttons? FWIW, the way this trip computer operates is basically like every Nissan I've owned since my 02 Maxima (window button to cycle thru screens, another button to reset when you push and hold), except that on newer ones like my mom's '07 Altima Hybrid, there are menus.
trip-comp1.png
trip-comp2.png

cwerdna said:
DesertDenizen said:
keydiver said:

We're talking about the cluster of 4 buttons, 2 of which DO have to do with menus. Please see pages 2-27 and 2-30 of the '15 Leaf manual at https://owners.nissanusa.com/content/techpub/ManualsAndGuides/LEAF/2015/2015-LEAF-owner-manual.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. One has two "windows"/squares and another has a dot in it.

Are you saying you're on your third Leaf and you don't know how to operate the "trip computer" via the two buttons in the top row of the cluster of 4 buttons? FWIW, the way this trip computer operates is basically like every Nissan I've owned since my 02 Maxima (window button to cycle thru screens, another button to reset when you push and hold), except that on newer ones like my mom's '07 Altima Hybrid, there are menus.
View attachment 1

Thanks. When I pick up my new lease I go to that menu and select my preferences on settings. It takes a minute. Then I don't go back there for the rest of the lease, do not feel any need, so I forgot about that. Go easy on me, I am an old guy :)

DesertDenizen said:
Thanks. When I pick up my new lease I go to that menu and select my preferences on settings. It takes a minute. Then I don't go back there for the rest of the lease, do not feel any need, so I forgot about that. Go easy on me, I am an old guy :)
There are more than just "settings" accessible via those 2 buttons as part of the dash display. I think it would be a good idea if you explored them as well as the "settings" and other features that aren't settings on the nav system.

DesertDenizen said:
At the very least, you ought to use those buttons to toggle your dash display so that it shows your % State of Charge (a battery outline with a percent inside it). That is your main fuel gauge on the LEAF; the fuel bars and miles remaining estimate — the "Guess-o-meter" (GOM) — are crude and much less useful. You can get an idea of what percent of the battery it takes to make various trips.

It is also helpful to reset a mileage efficiency meter from time to time. You have two: one in that same dash display as the %SOC meter and the other in the nav display energy screen. They will give you a miles per kWh reading and you can track how efficiently you are driving at various speeds and temperatures if you reset them periodically.

dgpcolorado said:
DesertDenizen said:
At the very least, you ought to use those buttons to toggle your dash display so that it shows your % State of Charge (a battery outline with a percent inside it). That is your main fuel gauge on the LEAF; the fuel bars and miles remaining estimate — the "Guess-o-meter" (GOM) — are crude and much less useful. You can get an idea of what percent of the battery it takes to make various trips.

It is also helpful to reset a mileage efficiency meter from time to time. You have two: one in that same dash display as the %SOC meter and the other in the nav display energy screen. They will give you a miles per kWh reading and you can track how efficiently you are driving at various speeds and temperatures if you reset them periodically.

I do reset the energy efficiency meter periodically, but just the one in the dash display. I always end up around 5.2 so it does not really provide vital info. And because I take mostly short trips around town, the GOM meets my needs. I rarely even get below around 50% charge. Especially with the 2015, which has definitely been tweaked. I had a 2011 for less than a year. After 6771 miles I lost a capacity bar and filed with BBB. This was in the middle of their roll out period and NNA wanted me to go away, so they paid me money to let it go. Then I leased a 2012. Now I just got the 2015 it does provide extended range. And I love the B regen setting.

SalisburySam said:
samiam95124 said:
The dashboard clock on my new leaf is 1 hour off. I found the lower left hand buttons to set the clock, but it only
sets the 12/24 hour status of the clock. The manual is of no help whatever, it says "see 5. settings".
Yeah, another profoundly weak user interface decision: two unsynchronized clocks with wholly different ways to set them and referenced in two difference manuals. Actually though, the manuals do answer the questions but not obviously. Here's a quick recap for my 2012SL, your 2013 is much better:

Upper display clock (usually called the "eyebrow" display):
1- get Owner's Manual
2- go to page 2-11
3- note reference to "See 5. Settings" as OP stated
4- flip ahead to page 2-29. You have found "5. Settings", the 5th option for the TRIP COMPUTER
5- flip one more page to 2-30 and follow directions to set upper display clock:
5a- vehicle power must be "ON," or "READY" with car stationary
5b- in car, push trip computer switch with square symbol 5 times; you will see "Settings"
5c- push the switch with the black dot symbol to move down to "Set Clock"
5d- adjust time as desired by using the square and black dot switches
5e- select "Back" option
6- close and put back the Owner's Manual (what? you thought setting both clocks would be in there? Ha, ha, ha, good one!)

OK, so you've now set one of the two clocks. If you liked the ease of setting the clock above, you'll LOVE setting the Nav display clock:
1- get Navigation System Owner's Manual
2- go to page 1-16 for instructions
2a- in vehicle to right of nav screen press "Menu" button
2b- tap "Settings"
2c- tap "Others"
2d- tap "Clock"
3a- tap "Daylight Savings Time" on or off, OR
3b- tap "Offset (hour)" + or - to change time by an hour
4- exit back through menus or just press "Menu" button again
5- turn off car, go inside, have a drink

Lastly, print this cheatsheet and put it in your glovebox. You get to do all this twice a year and anytime you or the dealer disconnects the battery. If you're like me (condolences) you will forget all this by the next time you need it.

So, here's a strange thing. On my 2011, the "Clock" button doesn't appear under "Other Settings"! I swear it used to. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks!

Just making the point that if you DON'T have the navigation system, you need to turn off the audio, and press the knob that reads Enter/Settings to start the process for the resetting the nav clock. It's pretty simple once you get that access step.

:lol: :lol: :lol: at this whole thread. I had a hell of a time figuring out how to do it on my 2014 SL. Manual seems to hide it with no page difference, only to direct you to instructions that don't work if you have NAV. It only took me an hour to get it.

Back