ICED - Images of Offending Vehicles Board of Shame

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ILETRIC said:
Community and police need to strike fear into ICEs park in the green zone like they have parking in the blue without the disabled tag.

Maybe we need a green tag equivalent :lol:
What makes you think police are sympathetic to the cause?

LTLFTcomposite said:
ILETRIC said:
Community and police need to strike fear into ICEs park in the green zone like they have parking in the blue without the disabled tag.

Says so, right here.

"TO SERVE and to PROTECT." :)

Attachments

• Unknown-3.jpeg
    Unknown-3.jpeg
    5.4 KB · Views: 216
greengate said:
LTLFTcomposite said:
ILETRIC said:

Says so, right here.

"TO SERVE and to PROTECT." :)

Their own self interests maybe. They are one of the biggest bunch of useless idiots around here. When you have an actual problem, nowhere to be found.

Except you can't talk a Robocop out of a ticket like you can a human cop. Particularly if you are a voluptuous blonde.

When ICEing is the least of your bad habits.

fIuByZ7.jpg

Never mind the calendar, Winter is here, so you can say that he ices himself as he drives.

I really despise pushing snow into piles in car parks. It is just sooooo pointless. If snow was that bad that folks can't get around a car park then they'd not have got to the car park in the first place.

It just won't melt and disperse there now for ages when piled in big lumps, it will be properly iced for weeks now, long after the cold snap passes and the snowing has stopped.

donald said:
I really despise pushing snow into piles in car parks. It is just sooooo pointless. If snow was that bad that folks can't get around a car park then they'd not have got to the car park in the first place.

It just won't melt and disperse there now for ages when piled in big lumps, it will be properly iced for weeks now, long after the cold snap passes and the snowing has stopped.

The dynamics are different in places that get a lot of snow repeatedly. The thing about deep snow is, if it keeps getting driven on it compresses and then that compressed snow can turn to ice. It's sort of like forming a glacier. More snowfall, more driving, eventually you have a thick icy layer with humps and ruts that is very hard to drive on and very difficult to remove. Yes you can use cinders or chemical melters and they sometimes do, but customers rather don't like walking through several inches of dirty/salty slush when things begin to melt. So the entire mess gets piled up. I remember sometimes these piles would get to be nearly the size of a house and would last into June.

Yes. As kids we would check the perimeters as they melted, sometimes valuable stuff would melt out that had been plowed up.

We remove snow asap to avoid that glaciation effect. Don't know how folks can stand it around Buffalo every winter.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Yes. As kids we would check the perimeters as they melted, sometimes valuable stuff would melt out that had been plowed up.

Like my J1772 to Tesla adapter. I forgot it at night and it was gone by six the next morning due to snow and a passing plow.

Berlino said:
ICED. Some idiot couldn't take 2 seconds to reholster the pistol, so this was the result.

kOEOzun.jpg

4DTm9Kg.jpg
Surprised that the internal ground fault protection didn't trip. When I have run into this before in the rain with Add Energy units, the result is usually no power.

Helped with a survey for Plug in America a few years ago where I simply went to the local "EV eateries" and test charged at each station. Had 3 not holstered including one handle looking straight up into a rainy sky. It was non functional. imagine that.

Another issue that is common is the cord being strewn about in a way that might allow someone to drive over it. guessing that only needs to happen a few times before we have another non functional site. :cry:

Back