Networking the free DCQC chargers at Nissan dealers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But if I only need, say, a 30% charge to make it home, than paying $2 for an hour when I am there less than 10 minutes is silly... Prorate the time by the minute and I would agree completely!
That would also disincentivise those folks who hang around for an additional 1/2 hour to get that last 10-15%...

DaveinOlyWA said:
i prefer charge by time since that is the whole point of fast charging, right?

TomT said:
But if I only need, say, a 30% charge to make it home, than paying $2 for an hour when I am there less than 10 minutes is silly... Prorate the time by the minute and I would agree completely!
That would also disincentivise those folks who hang around for an additional 1/2 hour to get that last 10-15%...

DaveinOlyWA said:
i prefer charge by time since that is the whole point of fast charging, right?

i agree. with both my dealer and AV, they are simply too close to home for me to want anything more than a few kwh's. i dont mind paying my fair share but paying the same for a few kwh as someone who wants the full boat at 45-50 mins is ridiculous

PaulScott said:
We are leaning in this direction. We like the ability to set the price, and we were assured we could charge per kWh which I like a lot. We can also use it to incentivize customers by letting our customers use it for free, but a nominal charge for those who bought or leased from competing dealers.
I concur that Chargepoint's pricing policies are vastly superior to that of EvGO, especially for the occasional user, and I like your idea Paul - keep it free for your customers, but a nominal charge for others. Of course 24x7 access would be much preferred to "business hours". And yes, per kWh is the way to charge, if possible.

PaulScott said:
We received a notice from Nissan that our first year of free charging may be coming to an end here at the dealer. ...
This statement is confusing.
I thought the dealer owned them and had a right to make their own choice about charging :?:
Nissan may have required the dealer to leave it free for one year, but how can they dictate that the dealer has to start charging :?:
Was Nissan providing no cost maintenance for one year, and after that Nissan is saying you must start charging users, unless the dealer elects to start paying a maintenance fee :?:

the dealer does own them in most cases and the free "year" is part of the deal agreed to in advance from corporate who paid most of the initial cost in most cases.

After that, its up the the dealer as to how they do it. Some here were only free for a few months, not anywhere near a year. Some are open only during business hours, others open 24/7 (including some locations that had to change their security policy to allow this)

so ya, the dealer does have considerable in the matter but one thing is clear; the details between locations do vary

Back