The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the replies. I'll check with the dealer about the warranty. Yes. I understand the Leaf will not truly get infinite MPG. Currently at my local power rate I am paying around .03$/mile and once I install solar this winter this number will improve even more.

Pretty excited about owning an electric car. I am an electrician, gear head, and tech geek - and currently also own a Sprinter, a Transit and a Syncro Vanagaon - so the Leaf fits right in the quiver here with it's efficiency, function, form and style. Fun car.

Anyone have an opinion about the battery health?

JimEG said:
...Yes. I understand the Leaf will not truly get infinite MPG. Currently at my local power rate I am paying around .03$/mile and once I install solar this winter this number will improve even more...
I prefer "ZERO gallons per mile", which is what I have on my car (I don't think FalconFour is making them anymore, however). And my car is also "sunpowered" since my 2170 watts of solar panels provide enough electricity to fuel my LEAF and run my house.

Drove off in a 2015s in Pearl White, with QC port, from Baker Nissan in Houston. The car is great; super quiet, very stable on the road, with a very smooth and linear power delivery, very nice. Very happy with the car, I am relishing the need to never stop at a gas pump again! lol
I received two years of No Charge to Charge, a $1875 Texas Environmental credit for $279.69 per month and 12,000 miles per year for a three year lease. Anyone know how to determine the purchase price after three years?

Als a couple of nuisances; to get the $1875 credit, Texas requires the application for vehicle registration be submitted , something the dealer salesprson is lost about locating. I am about to escalate the request to upper mgmt as the salesperson has failed to come through in three weeks. Secondly, I used the charge card at a blink station at work, it permits one hour of charge free, so I set the charging timer to end in one hour. When I got off work ten hours later, the car was fully charged (taking four hours), and I got a bill for $22 of charging. It appears that specifying an end time to charging that is one hour after hookup doesn't work, and the blink charges for connect time even though charging is complete.

For NMAC leases, your purchase option price is the Residual Value, plus a $300 administrative fee. It should be listed on the far right hand side of the box titled 6.) Important Terms.

You are correct in that if you are plugged in, you will still be charged whether or not the battery is full.

dgpcolorado said:
JimEG said:
...Yes. I understand the Leaf will not truly get infinite MPG. Currently at my local power rate I am paying around .03$/mile and once I install solar this winter this number will improve even more...
I prefer "ZERO gallons per mile", which is what I have on my car (I don't think FalconFour is making them anymore, however). And my car is also "sunpowered" since my 2170 watts of solar panels provide enough electricity to fuel my LEAF and run my house.

Zero Gallons would be a more accurate statement. Is your 2170W sized for your Leaf charging needs or for other loads as well?

I am installing solar PV on my house this winter - sizing for max available roof space on my W, S, E roof(s).

JimEG said:
...Zero Gallons would be a more accurate statement. Is your 2170W sized for your Leaf charging needs or for other loads as well?

I am installing solar PV on my house this winter - sizing for max available roof space on my W, S, E roof(s).
Yes, I and several others thought that "zero gallons per mile" was a more accurate and attention-getting statement. Kudos to FalconFour for the excellent graphic design.

My 2170 W of panels covers all my usage, both LEAF and house. However, it is much smaller than the solar arrays that most people install for two reasons:
1) My household usage is much lower than that of most — about 4.8 kWh per day — in part because I don't need AC in the mountains and I use natural gas for water and space heating.
2) My LEAF mileage is only a bit over 7000 miles a year.

To put it in perspective, last year my panels generated 3327 kWh of electricity, which was 103% of what I used to fuel my LEAF and run my house. It is likely that you will need a substantially larger array if your household electricity usage is closer to average, panels in your climate zone produce less electricity than mine do here in sunny, high altitude (7670 feet), Colorado, and/or your annual LEAF mileage is higher than mine.

passepartout said:
...Secondly, I used the charge card at a blink station at work, it permits one hour of charge free, so I set the charging timer to end in one hour. When I got off work ten hours later, the car was fully charged (taking four hours), and I got a bill for $22 of charging. It appears that specifying an end time to charging that is one hour after hookup doesn't work, and the blink charges for connect time even though charging is complete.
Leaving aside how the blink stations charge for use, you can set an end-time and have charging stop at that time. If it didn't work properly that suggests that you made a mistake in programming the end-timer. Be sure you have AM and PM right (or use the 24 hour time format). And be aware that you not only have to set the end-time but also turn the timer "on". If the timer is set but "off" the car will charge to full whenever plugged-in. (That's useful when you want it to do that at a public charge station but keep your timer setting for home.)

So, I suggest you try using the end-timer again. It does work if set correctly.

dgpcolorado said:
JimEG said:
...Zero Gallons would be a more accurate statement. Is your 2170W sized for your Leaf charging needs or for other loads as well?

Yes, I and several others thought that "zero gallons per mile" was a more accurate and attention-getting statement. Kudos to FalconFour for the excellent graphic design.

My 2170 W of panels covers all my usage, both LEAF and house. However, it is much smaller than the solar arrays that most people install for two reasons:
1) My household usage is much lower than that of most — about 4.8 kWh per day — in part because I don't need AC in the mountains and I use natural gas for water and space heating.
2) My LEAF mileage is only a bit over 7000 miles a year.

To put it in perspective, last year my panels generated 3327 kWh of electricity, which was 103% of what I used to fuel my LEAF and run my house. It is likely that you will need a substantially larger array if your household electricity usage is closer to average, panels in your climate zone produce less electricity than mine do here in sunny, high altitude (7670 feet), Colorado, and/or your annual LEAF mileage is higher than mine.

Sounds like you have a nice set up. I was studying at SEI in Paonia this spring and we measured close to 1400 W/M2 @ 6000' - standard test conditions are 1000 W/M2. You folks in the Rockies have some of the highest performing PV in the US. Fun.

JimEG said:
Sounds like you have a nice set up. I was studying at SEI in Paonia this spring and we measured close to 1400 W/M2 @ 6000' - standard test conditions are 1000 W/M2. You folks in the Rockies have some of the highest performing PV in the US. Fun.
Yes, the combination of reduced atmosphere overhead plus cooler temperatures makes for good solar production on sunny days. And I can (and do) adjust the pitch of my ground mounted panels with the seasons — they are currently at 45º — to further optimize my production. I also pull the snow off rather than wait for it to melt. So, my production is pretty good for a small array despite it not being quite as sunny as the desert.

Hi All!

I got a new Leaf last night. Blue 2015 SL w/PP.

I live in Austin, TX, and am excited to own my first all electric car!

I know two people who've had Leaf's for 2 and 1 years, respectively (one in LA, one in Austin). They've been very happy with theirs.

Thanks!

Got my 2015 SV in Gun Metallic yesterday! Love it so far. (first post)

Paid invoice price +TTT - $3500 NMAC and 0% financing.

7bcc5a81-550d-4c20-8a31-f52b2826b76a_zps9a6d1e12.jpg

Just turned in my 13 lease a bit early (end was April), for a 15 gun metallic (this time with quick charge and the LED headlights... (I wanted the headlights before, but didn't get the quickcharge because there were none around here at the time, and no one knew when there would be).. wish all they had made all the changes on the 15 cycle, but oh well. I'm still happy with the Leaf.. hence getting a 15 now, and I had -0- issues with my 13 SV.

^^^ I wanted the SV+QC/LED, but the dealer wanted to move a SV and let me buy it for invoice. I hope I don't regret the non-QC...

heathATL said:
^^^ I wanted the SV+QC/LED, but the dealer wanted to move a SV and let me buy it for invoice. I hope I don't regret the non-QC...

Congratulations on all the savings. Strange. those wheels look the ones that normally come with the SL. I didn't know they offered independent wheel + tire upgrades.

Berlino said:
Congratulations on all the savings. Strange. those wheels look the ones that normally come with the SL. I didn't know they offered independent wheel + tire upgrades.
Maybe last year, but AFAIK they are standard for the '15 SV.

I'm hoping Nissan makes some cool improvements on the ergonomic side for the 2016 so I can trade in my 2014 for something better. The car is and runs great but the seating accomodations need serious improvement as does the visibility.

Zurc

I got my new Leaf last night! It only had 10 miles on it!! :) :D

Here's the details:

2015 Nissan Leaf SV in Cayenne Red with Light Partially Recycled Cloth Interior
17" alloys with Michelin's since it's just off the assembly line (late availability wheels) instead of 16"
Premium Package
Splash Guards
Cargo Cover
Floor Mats Including Rear Cargo Area Mat

MSRP: $35,190.00

I paid $31,900 minus the $3,500 NMAC rebate = $28,400 on 72mo 0% interest. I'll qualify for the entire $7,500 tax credit too so I'm all in for $20,900 + TTL. Can't beat that with a stick if you ask me!

It's trickle charging in my garage after a trip to the zoo today & I have two electricians bidding on my level 2 EVSE install later on today.

p73XoP1.jpg

Two weeks ago, we picked up our (replacement) 2015 S w/QC in Cayenne Red. MSRP was $32k even, paid 29,800 which is roughly $600 under invoice when the destination is factored in. Went with the to-good-to-be-true November promo of $3500 instant rebate PLUS 0% for 72mo. I should be able to take advantage of the full $7500 tax credit, so I'm looking at a real price of $18,800 +TT. Not too shabby.

Our original 2013 S w/QC got into an argument with a deer, and neither won :shock: Wife was driving it to work like normal, got a couple miles down the road when a Prius (ironically) clipped a deer and sent it airborne right thru our windshield. Literally. Damage was enormous inside and out. Luckily my wife came away with only a gash on her forehead and frayed nerves. Thank God nobody was in the passenger seat or it would be a different story. It was interesting to see the appraisal report for the parts costs... The front seats are $1600 each, and the trip computer is $3500 by itself! Car was only 6mo. old with about 7,500 miles. Arguably I was overpaying on my lease payment on that car so everything worked out in the end :D

Back