100 Mile Club, 200 km, 300 km, 200 Mile Club (24kWh LEAF)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
janno said:
Please accept my application for membership - I was able to hit 227km after a five-hour-run.
The conditions were close to perfect - air temp 15-20c, battery temp a bit over 20c. Little wind, little rain, no heat or AC, mostly flat surface (start and finish at the same place), but DRL on all the way. Average speed was 50km/h for 200 kms and then it dropped as I was trying to empty the battery going round the block... Finally, got bored at 6 Gids, so no turtle for me.
Strangely, LeafSpy reported last gids as really huge (instead of typical 80Wh, they lasted for 200-300Wh).
Some evidence:
Start:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvyskm2kr5z9nqy/2014-08-16-05-59-42.jpg

At 100 kms:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qv7l0pak08fhpre/2014-08-16-08-29-43.jpg

Finally:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lwsdlkxs0spvf8p/2014-08-16 13.31.00.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1tfmvg4y3pw5ouj/2014-08-16-13-30-01.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tre68n125b99a57/2014-08-16-13-32-20.jpg

Janno

WOW! that imbalance is scary!

I hit 100 miles today with 6% charge remaining, would have done much better but I had a 20 mile run at 65 to 75 on the interstate yesterday with the AC on to meet my family for dinner, but it was the first time I pushed past about 40% charge

it does help that we have had mild weather so no AC and my leaf only had 750 miles on it now, had it less than a month

will start a new cycle tomorrow on the way to work

how do you know when you have hit "turtle" mode?

Tony,

I hereby submit my request to join the 100-Mile Club while there are a few jackets still available. It is hard to drive slowly enough in Phoenix to qualify for the club without disrupting traffic. I took a very early morning drive through the desert in far north Phoenix today and saw the sunrise over the mountains east of Cave Creek, several hot air balloons, and many bicycle riders. I returned home with a nearly-depleted battery after the scenic drive with 104.3 miles on the trip meter. I drove in D mode with the cruise control set for 36 mi/hr (actual 35 mi/hr) and increased speed when necessary to avoid traffic disruption. By the way, Silver 679 from the September 2012 Range Test is doing fine with 44835 miles on the odometer thanks to the new battery it received last October.

84.1 miles: Low Battery Warning
96.7 miles: Very Low Battery Warning
104.3 miles: Turtle indicator came on after cycling power off/on in driveway

I will post some additional statistics after it finishes charging.

Gerry

Edited to add photo showing Turtle mode.

Attachments

• GH Drive Small.jpg
    GH Drive Small.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 146
  • GH Turtle Small.jpg
    GH Turtle Small.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 142
I plan on joing the club tonight. Came to work and didn't charge, best ever trip to work on the highway was using 42% battery, today used 32%, 10.1km/kw or 6.3125miles. All without holding up traffic and some on the highway. Total 70km. On the way home toinght (11pm) I'll take some detours and try to put on an extra 60km to my 70km home and break 200.

janno said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Sad, but true. Should we start another club measuring greatest cell imbalance? My rank would be pretty decent there :)
I hope that if the cell No 55 is really bad, it would ruin the battery before 5-year warranty period is over and Nissan will deliver me a new shiny battery...
I have a cell (#37) that has shown a similar amount of imbalance at higher voltages (235mV imbalance at 3.514V average), yet it is within the limits of their test if measured just below the 3.712V point that they recommend.

Please have a look here for more discussion.

Well after the longest ever drive home I submit my results.

229km

I started and ended off at home.

The trip to work was 71km and was an avg speed of 48.8km/hr with most streets a 60 limit and going 60 when there was traffic but 50 without. No lights or climate control on, temp around 20 C.

The way home was after midnight and I started off on streets with a 60 limit so I was going 50 mostly. That was for about 40 then I got onto so me country roads and went mostly 40. Looking back this was probably a bad route as it had lots of elevation changes, it was fun and the were no cars but I think I would have done better in the city. I had to climb the Niagara escarpment twice. It was cold last night! As low as 8 C, I didn't use the heater at all but kept the seat heater on for 90% off the tone and of coarse headlights.

165 to 210k was spent on country road loops near my house, some speeds as low as 30km/hr

The last 20k was spent looping between traffic circles really close to my house at 30km/hr. All said and done my average speed was 40.4km/hr. I was trying to hit turtle but at 228km I got bored so I did around 12 5km/hr to 40km/hr full throttle then finally hit turtle mode about 100ft from my house.

Ps low battery was at 176km and very low at 209km.

Tough to follow that post from minispeed; nice job.

Here's my first go - was a 94% charge to start so I'll plan better next time. A lot of this was in stop and go, which just makes me appreciate the car that much more.

Leaf%2520Cent.JPG

Holy smokes guys!!! That's a lot of driving.

I hereby motion that the following be inducted into the 100 Mile Club. Hearing nary a nay, the motion passes with unanimous consent:

90 - Kuala

91 - GerryAZ (second battery)

92 - minispeed (200km)

93 - tifighter

Who will take the last seven spots?

Tony Williams
100 Mile Club Member Emeritus

let try the image again
Just got first 100 mile charge in my new 2015 SV. Never would have made it in my old 2012 SV
20140823_204130_resized.gif

let try a third try for image.
Just got first 100 mile charge in my new 2015 SV. Never would have made it in my old 2012 SV

leaf_100_miles2..jpg

DougWantsALeaf said:
Still waiting to see someone go for the 200 mile gold.

Any indications yet that the 2015s are degredating slower then the earlier years? I know it's very early.

From my best section of my 229km (143miles) I figure I could do 330km or 206miles..... but I won't. I don't have all day and plus I find the leaf VERY uncomfortable for long trips (I'm 6'4) and the seat does not support my thighs.

It also wouldn't mean anything in the real world. I know if it's very flat, if there's no traffic and if the road is straight I can maintain around 9.4miles/kwhr. I could disable all lights, turn off the radio, never use the fan but why? We know it can be done, we can use that info if we hit VLBW and need to get to a charger. Unless there's going to be a competition with a prize..... hey if Nissan wants to stop taking my monthly payment off if I can do it and plaster it all over the internet I'm game!

If you had the patience to drive that far at 13 miles per hour on a hot day with no a/c 200 miles could be done on most any leaf couldn't it? More of an exercise in pain tolerance than anything else.

johnrhansen said:
If you had the patience to drive that far at 13 miles per hour on a hot day with no a/c 200 miles could be done on most any leaf couldn't it? More of an exercise in pain tolerance than anything else.

Well, not "any" LEAF. It would have to have a pretty strong battery.

Back