PD installs charging stations?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeattleBlueLeaf

I received a email from my PD - Younker Nissan in Renton, WA today. They have four installed EVSE stations as of today. I'm guessing they are standard A/V 220 setups but a great sign that everyone is getting ready. Curious if anyone else has heard from there PD about installed EVSE?

anyone know if these stations will be accessible to the public, or will it depend on the dealership? My PD is too far away to charge at.

malloryk said:
anyone know if these stations will be accessible to the public, or will it depend on the dealership? My PD is too far away to charge at.

I'll have to look back through my notes, but I think I recall them being required to have no less than two L2 EVSEs, with one available to the public. So the answer would be "yes".

malloryk said:

Downtown LA Nissan's are open to the public for sure. They are located along a fence in the open parking lot that faces Washington Blvd. There is just a low wall separating the lot from the sidewalk at the corner.

LOL, from the topic title I thought the police departments will be installing charging stations :lol:

I've had a look through my notes and can't find the relevant one. Now I've thought more about it, the minimum number required could be three, not two. However, I did find a note that the installations were to be completed by December 1st. So that's certainly a target date Nissan seems to have met.

I checked with my dealer and he stated that there is no Nissan policy about availability - just that they needed to have some (sounds like two based on the comments).
In my dealers case, they will allow anyone to use them during normal business hours. I can see that would not be possible for some dealers though. For instance, we have a dealership next to our football stadium and I'm sure they won't be allowing people to use the charge stations as an excuse to get free parking during the game. (well.. maybe they will for the first few months as a sales plug).

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
I received a email from my PD - Younker Nissan in Renton, WA today. They have four installed EVSE stations as of today. I'm guessing they are standard A/V 220 setups but a great sign that everyone is getting ready. Curious if anyone else has heard from there PD about installed EVSE?
Santa Monica Toyota has two ... and THEY don't even SELL EV's ... yet
;)

http://www.smdp.com/Articles-c-2010-11-19-70781.113116-Toyota-Santa-Monica-debuts-electric-vehicle-chargers.html

Since these L2 plugs are FREEEEEE to use ... you'll have some leverage, if Seattle tries to make you pay to use 'em.

"We're installing an infrastructure where you could come with a [Nissan] Leaf, or a [Chevrolet] Volt or a Tesla and stay for an hour, go shopping and use our stations," Mike Sullivan, who owns Toyota of Santa Monica and the rest of the L.A. Car Guy family of dealerships, said.
"One of these ones is not like the others.. one of these ones is not the same."

The stations, manufactured by the company Clipper Creek, can charge vehicles in half the time it would take at most home-installed versions.
Mmmm, how?

No compatible public charging within a drive from me - despite months and months of effort trying to convince local businesses to take advantage of the tax credit this year. Worst of all - my local dealer - the only one within driving distance - closed a few months ago, so no ability to have the car serviced either without flatbedding it.

In the UK, all LEAF dealers have Level III available to the public at launch.

http://www.newspress.co.uk/public/ViewPressRelease.aspx?pr=25868&pr_ref=2873

Japan has a many more, smaller dealers, so it isn't offered at every dealer at launch next month (although they plan on expanding), although all dealers in Japan have level II available. But, as of this month, Nissan dealers with Level III available to the public are no more than 40 miles away throughout the entire country of Japan...

hill said:
Santa Monica Toyota has two ... and THEY don't even SELL EV's ... yet
;)

http://www.smdp.com/Articles-c-2010-11-19-70781.113116-Toyota-Santa-Monica-debuts-electric-vehicle-chargers.html

yes I have scoped out this one. Ironically, I will continue to visit Santa Monica Toyota (I currently drive a Toyota) after I get my Leaf to charge up. I consider it payback for the overcharging I received there in the service dept. :lol:

Back