100 Mile Club, 200 km, 300 km, 200 Mile Club (24kWh LEAF)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leptons said:
When we've broken above 40F for several hours, I marvel at how much more range I can squeak out.... Sometime this week I expect to provide the bona fides to join the 100mi club. Stay tuned.

Thanks again!

You're welcome! I've been in the middle east for the past couple months, and the only electric car that I've seen is one Tesla Model S.

You're going to really love the range in the summer. Good luck with your 100 Mile Club entry.

Tony Williams
100 Mile Club Member Emeritus

Graffi said:
As it turned out we got just over 200 km. Another couple of miles would not have given us much. By about noon I was thinking that it would be not so nice if we missed the 200 km club by that extra amount, but in the end we made it.

On the first run we got 68.9 miles at 3.1 m/kwhr = 22.2 kwhr

On the second distance run we got 126.0 miles at 5.8 m/kwhr = 21.7 kwhr

From the above it appears that even though we only get 265 gids with full charge we still get full battery use. Could it be that the gids in our Leaf's (those with 260 gids rather than 284 gids) have more than 80 watts?

Graffi,

No, it doesn't have more than 80 watthours per Gid, but the calibration isn't quite right. We have seen this on all year LEAF's, not just the 2013 models.

Congrats on your feat. It's been quiet in the Club this winter, but hopefully things will pick up this summer. As you are well aware, the torch has been passed to you so make our Club proud. I'm hoping we can schedule our next spring mixer with the American Petroleum Institute convention and turn them all into rabid electric car aficionados.

I keep leaving mobile phone at the Club, so don't get any ideas about using it to call 1-900 numbers. See ya soon,

Tony Williams

Warmer spring temperatures, (both battery and ambient) have resulted in the return of easy 100+ mile range on ~ the same mountainous route (requiring ~6,000 ft total ascent and descent) I've used for my range/capacity tests since new.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=9064&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

18 total 100+ odometer mile trips in my LEAF since new, and four more 100+ mile trips out of the 11 total since my last report on 9/1/13 on p 67.

All reports are of odometer miles and dash/nav screen/CarWings kWh use reports, from "100%" to ~VLBW.

Only the 10/6 and 10/26 tests below were controlled for all factors. I wanted a lower ambient/battery temperature, higher tire pressure, and slightly more efficient speed profile and route, than the test standards I have used since shortly after I got my LEAF.

9/14/13

15.5 kWh, 112.6 miles.

10/6/13

15.1 kWh, 100.0 miles. (new speed/route/tire pressure standard, 48PSI @ ~70F, 90 min out/87 min return to May Hollow junction)

10/19/13

16.2 kWh, 99.5 miles (segmented trip kWh use test, 2.7 dash/NS/CW kWh available from LBW to VLBW).

10/26/13

15.3 kWh 103.0 miles. (NSRTP standard re-test)

11/28/13

15.3 kWh, 95.3 miles

12/22/13

14.7 kWh, 92.9 miles.

12/29/13

15.1 kWh, 97.9 miles

1/18/14

14.6 kWh, 93.7 miles.

1/25/14

15.1 kWh, 99.5 miles.

2/22/14

14.7 kWh, 98.0 miles.

4/12/14

15.2 kWh, 105.4 miles.

The results posted recently from AVTA:

http://avt.inl.gov/pdf/energystorage/DCFC_Study_FactSheet_50k.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=14271&start=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Go a long way to explaining why warm climate LEAFs such as mine experience relatively slow loss of available capacity (and in my LEAF's case, no lose of range at all, after over three years and 26k miles).

As you can see from the AVTA data, only very high battery temperatures (exacerbated in the AVTA test, to an unknown extent, by extreme cycling of SOC) seems to cause rapid loss of total battery capacity.

My second time. Please see my facebook at:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203735126481239&set=pcb.10203735127081254&type=1&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

First time picture was taken at night and the flash washed out the data and I had already recharged.

It's my turn. Tested the limit of my 2013 Leaf S this morning. I was targeting around 160km, but I get a little further. I drove to around 50% then turn back. Back at home, I was at 167km with still 2 bar. I ate breakfast then I just drove around until I got the turtle. For a total of 204.6km (127.875 miles) and an average of 9.5km (5.9 miles) / kWh.

20140518_120842.jpg

LouisCharles said:
It's my turn. Tested the limit of my 2013 Leaf S this morning. I was targeting around 160km, but I get a little further. I drove to around 50% then turn back. Back at home, I was at 167km with still 2 bar. I ate breakfast then I just drove around until I got the turtle. For a total of 204.6km (127.875 miles) and an average of 9.5km (5.9 miles) / kWh.

Awesome! You are now number 78 in the 100 Mile Club, with a special notation of number 11 in the 200km Club. You are hereby bequeathed with all the rights and privileges of the 100 Mile Club, and shall henceforth and forever remain Mr. 78.

I do hope you'll accept this appointment and wear your Club jacket with pride. Some members, in an apparent act of disobedience, have affixed their membership number on their jackets either in reverse or upside down (or both). I hope you'll not be swayed to follow them, thus avoiding any censor of this honorable institution.

Welcome aboard,

Tony Williams

Is it assumed that everyone in the 100 mile club still had 12 bars? I looked in the first post and didn't see any special mentions of people doing it with less than 12 bars (but given how far some have gone, I would think it should still be doable with 11 bars and maybe less)... Might be interesting to also collect bar count and odometer, to track least bars as well as highest mileage.

lemketron said:
Is it assumed that everyone in the 100 mile club still had 12 bars? I looked in the first post and didn't see any special mentions of people doing it with less than 12 bars (but given how far some have gone, I would think it should still be doable with 11 bars and maybe less)... Might be interesting to also collect bar count and odometer, to track least bars as well as highest mileage.

The last five of my eighteen (odometer miles) trips using "100%" to ~VLBW were after losing the 12th capacity bar.

My longest trip (so far) was on 11 bars:

...The 113.3 miles trip yesterday (8/31/13, p 67) did (just barely) beat own my previous record on ~the same route, of 112.7 miles (also driving at close to the slowest speeds practicable) posted June 17 2012, on p 40 of this thread, but it was not very satisfying.

I was trying to get a record on this route before cooler weather arrives (I can only get ~95 miles on this route on cold days in the Winter, even at the slowest speeds) so with my tires at ~48 PSI cold, and added another ~7.6 (very beautiful) miles over the Dam, and above Lake Britton to the Cayton Valley, to my usual ~43.7 mile (one way) route to Burney Falls State Park:

Profile excludes the first ~.03 miles. The remaining miles to 113.3 were added by repeating mile ~1.3 to ~mile 5 to initiate the VLB.

I was expecting to be able to drive slow enough to get somewhere between 115 and 120 miles to ~VLB, but the heavy holiday traffic on the return leg on the (55 mph) highway section really hurt, even before the CHP got on my tail...

Oh well, there's always next year.

I Remember losing the twelfth bar on my way to the BayLEAFS/Google event, but had to look the date up-

...My LEAF lost its twelfth Capacity bar on 8/22/13, the morning after a DC which heated my battery to the 103.0-109.1 range, the first 7 temperature-bar-dash display since the Summer of 2011.

After the DC to 196 gids, I had 55.50 AHr, and 12 bars. During the next ~50 miles driving, AHr dropped to 55.49.

The next morning, with ~20,708 miles, and after L1 charging to 235 gids (100%") overnight, and with battery temps 82.8-89.6, I still had 55.49 AHr, but only 11 capacity bars.

Subsequently the AHr increased back to a maximum of 56.17 AHr on 8/24-8/25, coinciding with lower ambient and battery temperatures (despite having used three more DC charges) during my 5 day, ~730 mile Bay Area trip.

At 21,381 miles last night, after a week of higher ambient/battery temperatures, AHr have declined slightly, back to 55.92.

All temperatures, gids, and AHr, and gids above are App-reported...

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=8802&start=6260" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

j5hale3 said:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203735126481239&set=pcb.10203735127081254&type=1&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

First time picture was taken at night and the flash washed out the data and I had already recharged.

Oops, did I not follow the correct protocols? or just got skipped inadvertently?

Joe.

j5hale3 said:
j5hale3 said:

Oops, did I not follow the correct protocols? or just got skipped inadvertently?

Joe.

I didn't see a first time!!! We will add you as Mr. 79. Only 21 spots left in the Club.

Tony

For all you long range drivers, time for a word from our sponsor:

The 3rd annual BC2BC-2014 http://www.AllElectricVehicleRally.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; will launch from a brand new Marriott property with two new EVOasis CHAdeMO chargers installed and operational. With any luck, we will also have the Tesla2CHAdeMO adaptor available.

Courtyard by Marriott
Irvine Spectrum
7955 Irvine Center Drive
Irvine, CA

This site has an indoor auto showroom that can hold maybe 50 cars, in addition to a big parking lot and centrally located between San Diego and LA Counties.

We plan to launch on August 9, 2014 with the rally going to the Mexican border collecting playing cards (poker run style) and return. On August 10, 2014, the rally will begin it's trek to Vancouver, British Columbia from the same site.

Stage Overnight Points:

I) Irvine, California, August 9-10, 2014, meet at noon Aug 9, to Mexico and return, lunch served Aug 9

II) San Francisco, California, August 11-12, 2014, meet at noon, leave at 1pm

III) Portland, Oregon, August 14-15, 2014, meet at 1pm, leave at 2pm

IV) Seattle, Washington, August 15-16, 2014, meet at 8am, leave at 9am

End) Vancouver, British Columbia, August 16-17, 2014, end

Last year, we had the states of California, Washington and Oregon, plus the province of British Columbia, AAA, AeroVironment, Fuji Electric, EVoasis, EVwest, EVplates, Teslaccessories, SemaConnect, Sun Country Highways, and a whole bunch more in supporting 100% gasoline free travel.

Could we count on you this year?

Tony Williams
Rally Organizer
1500 Miles from Mexico to Canada
August 9, 2014 until August 17, 2014
http://www.AllElectricVehicleRally.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Official Website
http://www.Twitter.com/QCpower" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; #BC2BC
https://www.Facebook.com/groups/AllElectricVehicleRally" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

image-4.jpg

Hi Everybody:
sorry if this not the correct place for put this trad.

well, here in Ensenada, the speed limit is 25 MPH City And 38 MPH highway, The Weather is around 70F almost all the year (45F the lowest in winter and 95F the highest in summer) and the best most of the terrain are flat, so here it´s very easy drive the leaf over 100 miles every time i recharge it.

my 2012 Leaf is not new i brought it at Salvage Car auction, so the battery pack is around 90% of it´s capacity but 113 miles is my maximum range until today. as i learn more about how drive it i got more miles every time.

thanks to all
Edy

I am already a member of this club, but I did it again last night between 1am and 3am between spokane wa el 1800 and moses lake wa el 1000. I didn't want to stop in ritzville to charge because it was the middle of the night. So I slowed down to 40, and white knuckled it. It was between 35 degrees and 42. I arrived at moses lake on vlbw, all dashes showing for charge percentage, 5 trees. 110 miles total. I had to spend 3 hours there to re charge before I proceeded further.

TonyWilliams said:
Edy said:
.... capacity but 113 miles is my maximum range until today. as i learn more about how drive it i got more miles every time.

thanks to all
Edy

Edy,

The 100 Mile Club is based on miles physically driven, not "maximum range".

Hi Tony

I'm little confused here, range covered and miles traveled are not the same thing?
please, let me explain a little bit.
i just recharge my Leaf two days ago, and the odometer reads 100.3 miles, 1 bar remaining and 6 miles to go , since i got my car, i never hear the very low battery charge warning, and less the turtle yet.
always zeroed the odometer every time i charge my car.
sorry about my ignorance, i want to learn that's for sure..!!

thanks for help me with that
Edy

Back