DC Fast Charger Accuracy Question

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sub3marathonman

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, I tried to search but came up with 8000 answers.

I've gotten a few DC Fast Charges, and the screen displays the state of charge when first connected. I'm wondering if that number is considered accurate.

I'm wondering because the 2011 LEAF I have showed 19 miles on the GOM, with only two charge bars remaining. Yet, when I hooked up the DC charger, it showed the car as having a remaining 30% charge.

Also, when charging, it seems that only the second blue light blinks even though the DC charger is showing (if I remember correctly) about 80% charge.

I also had let it get to a full charge, and yet the car showed only 11 charge bars.

Since I don't have much experience with these chargers, any help from an expert is greatly appreciated.

FWIW, I've used only two different http://nissanqc.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. The % SoC on the DC FC is usually within 1% of what my car's % SoC meter says, and usually is exactly the same. Of course, your car doesn't have that...

From what I recall, (someone correct me if I'm wrong) the % value that the QC displays comes from the car anyway.

sub3marathonman said:
I'm not sure if this has been asked before, I tried to search but came up with 8000 answers.

I've gotten a few DC Fast Charges, and the screen displays the state of charge when first connected. I'm wondering if that number is considered accurate.

I'm wondering because the 2011 LEAF I have showed 19 miles on the GOM, with only two charge bars remaining. Yet, when I hooked up the DC charger, it showed the car as having a remaining 30% charge.

Also, when charging, it seems that only the second blue light blinks even though the DC charger is showing (if I remember correctly) about 80% charge.

I also had let it get to a full charge, and yet the car showed only 11 charge bars.

Since I don't have much experience with these chargers, any help from an expert is greatly appreciated.

most DC chargers wont charge to 100%. Blinks have a 100% setting but stop at about 96% anyway which means 96% Blink= about 89-90% reality.

My experience with Eaton, AV, Blink, and Powin (ABB) quick chargers is that they register almost exactly 10% higher SOC than what my WattsLeft (or Leaf Spy) show. It started when I got the P32270 (on-board charger reprogram) update in August of last year.

Yep, as Tom says ignore it! I guess newer cars are better at reporting this but our 2011s misreport it to the DCQCs.

http://www.saxton.org/tom_saxton/2012/09/dcqc-soc.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FWIW, we have a 2013 Leaf and I have not experienced a difference between what the car's SOC meter says and what the QC says. I've used both the Nissan/Sumimoto brand QC and Blink. Both have been accurate to within 1%.

Back