2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
crabasa said:
Hey all,

Just completed my lease for a 2013 Nissan Leaf SV with LED/QC and Premium packages. I've posted my lease details here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As1XaJl0N97xdF9BajFrOWRjSy1Td2RycXBoa0hOekE#gid=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But the key numbers were:

Price: $32,717
Money Factor: 0.00024
Residual: 52%
Lease Term: 24/12k
Monthly Payment: $313.40

I live in the Seattle-area and purchased the car at Younker Nissan. They were awesome. Definitely ask for Dennis.

--Carter

Thanks for the referral and information, Carter. Dennis just got me set up with a 2013 S with Quick Charge. As a returning Leaf customer, I was able to take advantage of their loyalty discounts. Here's my breakdown:

Price: $30,645
Adjusted Cap Cost: $21,739.89
Money Factor: (not sure how to calculate this)
Residual: 54%
Lease Term: 24/12k
Monthly Payment: $257.64

No disposition or any charges on the grounding of my 2011. Dealer ate my last 3 payments and Nissan at the other three (so got out 6 months before the end of the 36 month lease). Out-of-pocket $522.

Seemed like a good deal to me, certainly compared to my previous lease (2011).

Does anyone here have experience with extending a Leaf lease?

Just about a year ago I leased a 2013 Leaf S, and while my wife and I both love the car and the deal we got, I made one humongous mistake: I leased it for 24 months instead of 36. (It's my first EV, and I was worried about being stuck with a car we didn't like. Did I mention that it was a HUGE mistake???)

I checked with my salesman, who was useless -- he said they know nothing about extending leases.

I plan to call Nissan to see if there's a way I can extend it now, or if I'll have a chance next March when my 24 months is up.

I really don't want to buy, as I want to avoid dealing with battery issues, resale, etc. long term. And while I'd love to jump to a Leaf 2.0, it won't be out in time. I guess a Soul EV would be an option, if I let my hair and beard grow out enough that I could pass for a hamster.

I wrote a blog post about my experience finding the best deal for a 2013 Nissan Leaf lease here in the Seattle area. Hope this helps some of you out:

http://carter.rabasa.com/2014/03/07/nissan-leaf-lease/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bazooka said:

Just about a year ago I leased a 2013 Leaf S, and while my wife and I both love the car and the deal we got, I made one humongous mistake: I leased it for 24 months instead of 36. (It's my first EV, and I was worried about being stuck with a car we didn't like. Did I mention that it was a HUGE mistake???)

I checked with my salesman, who was useless -- he said they know nothing about extending leases.

I plan to call Nissan to see if there's a way I can extend it now, or if I'll have a chance next March when my 24 months is up.

I really don't want to buy, as I want to avoid dealing with battery issues, resale, etc. long term. And while I'd love to jump to a Leaf 2.0, it won't be out in time. I guess a Soul EV would be an option, if I let my hair and beard grow out enough that I could pass for a hamster.

so your lease ends dec of this year? you might be perfectly positioned to get the longer range LEAF which should be out "soon"... not sure when but you can extend your lease 3 months which would put you in a perfect position if the longer range LEAF comes out for MY 2015. if its MY 2016 then it might be an issue...

DaveinOlyWA said:
Bazooka said:

so your lease ends dec of this year? you might be perfectly positioned to get the longer range LEAF which should be out "soon"... not sure when but you can extend your lease 3 months which would put you in a perfect position if the longer range LEAF comes out for MY 2015. if its MY 2016 then it might be an issue...

My lease is up next March. Sorry for not being clearer on that detail.

I have little confidence that the longer range Leaf, which might be the mythical Leaf 2.0, or might be its predecessor, will be out in 12 months. Everything I've read sounds like it's coming RSN (Real Soon Now, in the semi-sarcastic, semi-wistful sense that computer geeks use the expression), so I'm trying to plan for various scenarios.

Bazooka said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Bazooka said:

My lease is up next March. Sorry for not being clearer on that detail.

I have little confidence that the longer range Leaf, which might be the mythical Leaf 2.0, or might be its predecessor, will be out in 12 months. Everything I've read sounds like it's coming RSN (Real Soon Now, in the semi-sarcastic, semi-wistful sense that computer geeks use the expression), so I'm trying to plan for various scenarios.

ya production time tables are at best estimates even at the top levels of any company so even if Nissan did announce a date, I am willing to add 6 months to a year on to it. that happens much more than not. Remember they almost had to rename Office because it nearly missed the year of its title?

New to the leaf but have a lease deal I need some help on. can you rate this deal please?
2013 S here with the Charge Package-East Coast car
$269 which includes tax, a month for 36 months at 15K Miles and $599 due at signing which includes first months payment.
Money factor is .0003
Residual is 40%
500 under invoice, plus the incentives $7500.
I can get the purchase price but only going to lease and little money down and low payment along with 15K miles is most important too me.

Thanks

I am working on a lease deal. Is this a great deal, decent deal, mediocre deal, bad deal? Here are the key numbers:

Leaf SL w/ Premium Package

MSRP $36,910
Invoice $35,028
My Price $33,500
Residual Value $19,193
Money Factor .00017
Drive Off Fees $1,000
24 Month Lease / 12k miles/yr
Monthly $319.44

I am in the Seattle area.

My thoughts:

1) Drive off of $1k look a little high. I'm not sure what this covers.
2) I'm not sure how my dealer came up with $319...my calcs are about $10 cheaper.
3) MF, my price seem low and good.

I'm leaning towards going for it.

I've been told both by my dealer and by NMAC that leases can be extended as the end nears. Maybe a couple months out, I'd call NMAC to get the process started. I'm planning to do it on our 2013 SV 24 month lease. I actually wanted to lease it for 36 months but the payment was actually significantly higher than for the 24 month lease--even factoring in the $2500 rebate you get in CA if you keep the car for 36 months or more.

alcalira said:
I've been told both by my dealer and by NMAC that leases can be extended as the end nears. Maybe a couple months out, I'd call NMAC to get the process started. I'm planning to do it on our 2013 SV 24 month lease. I actually wanted to lease it for 36 months but the payment was actually significantly higher than for the 24 month lease--even factoring in the $2500 rebate you get in CA if you keep the car for 36 months or more.

Well, that's encouraging. As I mentioned above, my local dealer was utterly clueless about extending leases. I have a year left on my lease, but fairly soon I will likely call NMAC and see what they have to say. I doubt it will do any good to quiz them on the details of the Leaf 2.0, but if I'm in the mood I might give it a try, anyway. :lol:

Just got home from my local dealer, got this quote on a 2013 SL with floor + cargo mats, cargo net, safety kit, splash guards. We qualify for VPP ($1000) discount and looking at places like truecar/kbb the MSRP and initial cap cost seem high and residual seems a bit low?

Payments work out to $376/mo for 36 month 15k/y lease with 0 down, includes all title/fees rolled into monthly payments.

DxvPvm7.jpg

well...took the plunge today...had to go a bit out of town in order to get a better deal. Here is what I ended up with:

2013 Leaf SV white/light grey w/premium and floor mats
$2500 down and first month
$294/month including all taxes ($269/mo excluding taxes)
$395 disposition
36 month, 12k per month

Car had a manufacturing date of 10/18/2013...no quick charge port so a bit harder to sell for them. Was hoping to get this car as a 2014 with LED/quick charger, white/lt grey, but couldn't find it at a decent price. The 2014 $269 SV national promotion should have helped secure it at $2500 down and $290ish/month + taxes, but I couldn't get the one local dealer to budge below $350ish, so I had to settle for something else. White color and light interior were critical. I wanted to make a move, because there is $5500 cash back from the state and local air board that offset a lot of my cost. My out of pocket is $13,185 - $5500 = $7685, or 21 cents per mile. Am hoping that I won't have to spring for new tires at return. I have solar on the roof, so my electricity costs will be next to nil.

I figure 3 years will bring a new generation of cars. At that point, I'll probably be looking also at the BMW i3 and the VW Golf electric. Am hoping for similar pricing and double the range.

John

Am hoping that I won't have to spring for new tires at return.

That's unlikely, unless you live in a Northern region and get a good pair of snows to use for 4-6 months a year. You might want to just get a really nice set of all-seasons after the first year, and save the Ecopias to return with the car. That's assuming it came with Ecopias...?

RVD said:
Leaf SL w/ Premium Package

MSRP $36,910
Invoice $35,028
My Price $33,500
Residual Value $19,193
Money Factor .00017
Drive Off Fees $1,000
24 Month Lease / 12k miles/yr
Monthly $319.44

I am in the Seattle area.

Well, here is where I ended up.

State : WA
Sales tax % : 0
Leaf Trim, options : 2013 SL + Premium Package
MSRP : $36,910
Invoice : $35,028
Negotiated Price : $33,500 (w/ VPP)
Taxes, Title, Registration : $209
Any other fees (doc, administrative, marketing etc) : $745 ($150 doc fee + $595 acquisition fee)
Money Factor : .00017
Downpayment : $344.45
Monthly payment : $296.55

2 year / 12k miles/yr

I think it's a decent deal but not a great deal. The finance guy tried to upsell me on a maintenance plan for $450. He said "all of our customers get this since it's basically $1300 worth of service for only $450 and VPP customers even get a discount because I'm supposed to be charging you $595 for it." I basically laughed in his face and turned it down. He gave me this incredulous look like I'm in the idiot and asked me why saying that it blows his mind that I'm turning it down, blah blah blah. The sales guy was the internet sales guy and he was pretty cool. I would recommend him.

Drive off is $1k since it includes $359 in fees (doc + reg + title) and my first month's payment. I didn't want to pay any cap cost reduction but the dealer didn't seem to be smart enough to structure it that way so they made a drive off of $1000 and applied the rest to a cap cost reduction which ended up being $344.45. I didn't care enough to argue that point.

Well, we have been thinking about doing this for a few days. After working with about four different dealerships this morning, this is the deal that we reached. I feel like a got a pretty good deal, what do you guys think?

State : CA
Sales tax % : 8.5
2014 S + Charge Package
MSRP : $31,320
Invoice : $29,572
Negotiated Price : $28,000 (No VPP)
Taxes, Title, Registration : $293
Any other fees (doc, administrative, marketing etc) : $745 ($65 doc fee + $595 acquisition fee)
Downpayment : $2,500
Monthly payment : $210.26

3 years/ 15k per year

bmarshall said:
Well, we have been thinking about doing this for a few days. After working with about four different dealerships this morning, this is the deal that we reached. I feel like a got a pretty good deal, what do you guys think?

State : CA
Sales tax % : 8.5
2014 S + Charge Package
MSRP : $31,320
Invoice : $29,572
Negotiated Price : $28,000 (No VPP)
Taxes, Title, Registration : $293
Any other fees (doc, administrative, marketing etc) : $745 ($65 doc fee + $595 acquisition fee)
Downpayment : $2,500
Monthly payment : $210.26

3 years/ 15k per year

2014 Leaf S with quick charge package, SF bay area lease deal:

I have got an offer for leasing which I think is a too good to be true deal. It is a VPP offer and written in email. i want to know if I am missing anything.

Term: 36 months
Mileage: 12000 per year, 0.15 per mile over allowance
Model: S with Quick charge, Red
Payment: 234$ pm including taxes. 0 down.
1000 off invoice VPP.

Basically everything is rolled un into monthly costs, taxes, DMV etc etc. I pay 36 x 234 $ in 36 months. = 8424$. I will get 2500 rebate from CA. Monthly cost will become 165$ (8424 - 2500 = 5924, 5924/36 = 165)

When something sounds too good to be true, it is almost never true. My guess is that you're counting the $2500 twice. I bet you the dealer has already factored that into their notion of "0 down".

In any case, you can't really understand the deal you're being offered without the following pieces of information:

• Negotiated price
  • Lease term
  • Residual
  • Money factor
  • Closing costs

If you have this information, you can calculate the monthly payment yourself. More information on my experience leasing here:

http://carter.rabasa.com/2014/03/07/nissan-leaf-lease/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

crabasa said:
When something sounds too good to be true, it is almost never true. My guess is that you're counting the $2500 twice. I bet you the dealer has already factored that into their notion of "0 down".

In any case, you can't really understand the deal you're being offered without the following pieces of information:

• Negotiated price
  • Lease term
  • Residual
  • Money factor
  • Closing costs

If you have this information, you can calculate the monthly payment yourself. More information on my experience leasing here:

Thanks for your reply, 2500 is not counted 2 times. I checked with the dealer, an individual has to apply it with CA govt and get a check in mail. Its not a tax break.

Well, once you've closed on your lease please share the details (price, money factor, etc) with the rest of us. Sounds like you're getting an amazing deal.

Back