Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turbo3 said:
... Lots of small fixes plus DTC clearing for the PRO version.

Did not have time to validate the DTC clearing the away I wanted too but I needed to get all the fixes out. So post any issues with DTC Clearing and I will fix them in the next release.

I used the DTC clearing to get rid of the HVAC codes that I generated earlier. Thanks for adding this ability.

The only comment is that when reading and clearing on my tablet, the progress bar in the top left corner halfway obscured some other items that were already on the screen. Not really an issue, but it just looked odd. Could be just my tablet and that I had it in landscape mode at the time.

LEAF Spy Pro v29.17 is there, but the description in
What's New still just mentions the v28 versions.
As usual, splendid work. :D

Suggestions, put the descriptions of the new versions
and the newer features at the top of the description,
rather than at the bottom, so that viewers will easily see
the new features and fixes, and better understand,
without scrolling the descriptions, what the new features
are, and why they should want to update.

palmermd said:
Turbo3 said:

Did not have time to validate the DTC clearing the away I wanted too but I needed to get all the fixes out. So post any issues with DTC Clearing and I will fix them in the next release.

I used the DTC clearing to get rid of the HVAC codes that I generated earlier. Thanks for adding this ability.

The only comment is that when reading and clearing on my tablet, the progress bar in the top left corner halfway obscured some other items that were already on the screen. Not really an issue, but it just looked odd. Could be just my tablet and that I had it in landscape mode at the time.
It would be helpful if you could provide the type of tablet and a screenshot of the problem. Is it overlapping to the top, bottom, left or right or some combination?

I see on my Nexus 7 the bottom does extend a little into the DTC text area but not over the actual text just the yellow background area.

garygid said:
LEAF Spy Pro v29.17 is there, but the description in
What's New still just mentions the v28 versions.
As usual, splendid work. :D

Suggestions, put the descriptions of the new versions
and the newer features at the top of the description,
rather than at the bottom, so that viewers will easily see
the new features and fixes, and better understand,
without scrolling the descriptions, what the new features
are, and why they should want to update.
I will be updating the Play Store descriptions and images later today. Will reorder history as you suggest.

Update 2:10 PM PST: Just updated Leaf Spy Pro history and images for 0.29.17. Give it 90 minutes to show up.

palmermd said:
Turbo3 said:

I have adjusted the height of the progress bar so that it will not extend down into the list of DTCs. It will be in the next release.

Is that the problem you are seeing on your tablet?

Turbo3 said:
palmermd said:
Turbo3 said:

I have adjusted the height of the progress bar so that it will not extend down into the list of DTCs. It will be in the next release.

I think so. I only went through the sequence once, but I just remembered that something existing on the screen got partially overlapped by the progress bar and then the bar went away once it was done. I'll try again later tonight to see for sure.

Here is a peak at the next new screen. It will show real time split between friction (red) and regeneration (green) braking. Chart below will show last 10 second history. Actually, 95% of the code has always been in Leaf Spy just not linked in.

Since the app needs to be in listen mode all other data collection will be suspended while displaying this screen. When you switch away from this screen it will take a few seconds for the old screens to update with latest data (Gids, Battery Data...).

Also this screen and the Service screen are mutually exclusive. So while the Service screens are active you can not view braking. They both reside at the 5th page location.

It will be added to both Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro.

bdue.png

kubel said:
Cool feature!
Definitely!

Some ideas for features for this screen:

* Hold the peak value (especially regen) so it's easy to see the peak level that is achieved until reset.
* I believe that somewhere it's possible find the max battery charge/discharge power levels. I have no idea what CAN msg this would be under. This would be useful for seeing what the theoretical max battery charge/discharge the LBC thinks the battery can take and compare to actual charge/discharge rates.

Here is a screenshot of the first signs of life for the new braking page.

This is was taken while the Leaf was in the garage and just pressing the brake pedal so no green regeneration. Actual data while driving will probably be smoother.

When the brake is not pressed the data stops scrolling to the left. I have some scaling issues as I can max out the chart before the brake is fully pressed. At least for debug I will add the raw target and regeneration numbers below the top bar display.

The brake data comes in at 100 frames per second but I limit the screen updates to 10 per second. Still need to work on switching out of this mode as at the moment it does not work and I need to unplug the ELM to clear the mode. But I should have that fixed by the end of the day.

I will update this post with a new screenshot with regeneration when I take the Leaf out for a drive later today.

uv3w.png

Here is the end of a short drive back to my house. I am thinking of increasing the time window to 60 seconds (600 samples).
t3zy.png

Turbo3 said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
since the last update both my ahr and health have stayed the same. not sure if i should be concerned about a possible bug or be happy that my pack has reached a point of stability for the first time since i got the app?
To address this concern and insure we are always looking at fresh data I am adding a change to the code.

When first connecting to the Leaf (reading VIN) the app will now clear to zero AHr, SOH, SOC and Hx. So when you see a non-zero value you will know it was just read from the Leaf and is not old saved data.

ok hate to beat a dead horse (unless I am hungry and there is no cow around...) but I did finally see changes in the ahr and health readings. they bounced around a few days and now its stuck on 57.11 ahr and 74.18 health for the past several days.

i even update SW this morning to the latest and still no change. its been static for like 5-6 days now

so wondering; is anyone else seeing steady readings like this? because before I was seeing changes nearly every time i powered up the car.

DaveinOlyWA said:
is anyone else seeing steady readings like this? because before I was seeing changes nearly every time i powered up the car.
My SOH is stuck at 86%. I assumed it is because the decimal place values are no longer reported. Ah and Hx are still wiggling about normally.

patrick0101 said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
is anyone else seeing steady readings like this? because before I was seeing changes nearly every time i powered up the car.
My SOH is stuck at 86%. I assumed it is because the decimal place values are no longer reported. Ah and Hx are still wiggling about normally.
SOH is only available as an integer so no decimal places to show.

palmermd said:
Turbo3 said:
Turbo3 said:

I think so. I only went through the sequence once, but I just remembered that something existing on the screen got partially overlapped by the progress bar and then the bar went away once it was done. I'll try again later tonight to see for sure.

Sorry I did not get back on this issue. My cheap tablet seems to have died and I cannot recover it, so I'll have to go purchase a new device before I can get online with my Leaf again....z

Turbo3 said:
Prior to November 14th (sorry I didn't note the app version), SOH was being displayed in the app with 2 decimal places. Were these last two digits just random data?

patrick0101 said:
Turbo3 said:
Prior to November 14th (sorry I didn't note the app version), SOH was being displayed in the app with 2 decimal places. Were these last two digits just random data?
That was a derived value based on Ah/XXX. The new SOH is the SOH reported by the Leaf to the dealer test equipment (which also appears to be very close to Ah/YYY) but the Leaf only reports an integer. If you want to monitor the day to day fluctuations, the Ah readout will give the same information (just not normalized).

TickTock said:
That was a derived value based on Ah/XXX. The new SOH is the SOH reported by the Leaf ...
Thanks again for dispelling my ignorance. I missed that in the change logs.

patrick0101 said:
Turbo3 said:
There was no SOH before Novermber 14th. Back then the top line showed something like this:

Bat Sts: AHr=56.53 (86.17%) Hlth= 82.60%

The 86.17% is just AHr divided by a constant of 65.6. Although you could change the constant in settings. The Hlth number is from the Leaf and is now called Hx. SOH is a brand new value that was found (TickTock?).

patrick0101 said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

oh sorry, my bad. old habits die hard. i meant to say Hx (or old "health") but i am now convinced that i simply have a very stable pack. I did a reset on the log file, logged off and back on and the SOH did reset briefly to zero before displaying a new number and... ahr and Hx still did not change. so have to say... i'm just real stable right now

As a general rule, I try to read every post in a thread before posting myself, mainly to make sure I don't retread any ground. I did cheat a bit with the LEAF Spy Lite forum; I read that one completely last week but was still working on this one. But now I'm caught up, hooray!

So excellent work Turbo and one of these days I hope you'll trust me to take a peak at the code inside to see if my Jailbroken iPhone can have a version of the app, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms. And we all know the green worms go towards the green glass.

Anyway, so let me try a tyre pressure request redux. Rather than the "car" glyph I suggested earlier, how hard would it be to add an arrow to the 4 tyre pressure gauges such that the arrow always points to the front of the car. So to the left of the point of the arrow is Front-Left, etc. This shouldn't be too hard to do and would help with the confusion I get between landscape and portrait orientation.

Anyway, well done sir and I'm very happy I bought both versions because that means you get paid twice and all that it's still not enough to say thanks!

Back