2011 Leaf Battery Replaced

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dgpcolorado said:
My guess, and that's all it is, is that when/if the "hot" battery pack comes out, it will be made in two versions: one that will fit in 2011/2012 LEAFs and one that will go into the 2013/2014 LEAFs.
My guess, and that's all it is, is that the "hot" battery pack will be installed only in late 2014 (or following) cars being sent to hot climates. And that it will never be used as a replacement pack in 2011 through 2013 LEAFs. I believe it will cost Nissan considerably more than the standard pack.

Ray

planet4ever said:
My guess, and that's all it is, is that the "hot" battery pack will be installed only in late 2014 (or following) cars being sent to hot climates. And that it will never be used as a replacement pack in 2011 through 2013 LEAFs. I believe it will cost Nissan considerably more than the standard pack.

Ray
What about the "hot" battery coupon promised to the Arizona folks?

planet4ever said:

I completely disagree: it will not be cost effective for Nissan to maintain (2) types of battery packs, either from a volume/part standpoint or supply/assembly standpoint. Once they change the chemistry, EVERYONE will benefit.

That is not what we were led to believe in Phoenix. In fact, current battery replacement folks are to supposed to get a coupon good for a "hot battery" later... We were also told that it is only "slightly more expense."

planet4ever said:

Back