Nissan Reaches Settlement in Defective LEAF Battery Class Ac

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
toasty said:
i will also opt out
To do nothing one has to do something. Bizarre Alice in Wonderland legal conundrum.

I will also be opting out. I have no need to sue Nissan so far.

Requests to opt out of the class action must be received a minimum of 21 days prior to the Fairness Hearing date of November 18, 2013.
Time to get the exclusion request letters in the mail.
If you really care whether they got it or not, with a USPS return receipt requested.
I'll be opting out.
It sickens me to think that these incompetent attorneys would get $2,000,000. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Opt out now!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

sending out my opt out as well since it must be received by 10/28/13.

I've only lost 1 bar so far but my commute on highway and hills is over 50 miles and at this rate will need to get a different car soon.

Stoaty said:
Vuman said:
Plaintiffs lawyer don't want you to opt-out so that the settlement gets approved. Thats why they make it as hard as possible to opt-out.
Of course. Perhaps you didn't notice me winking?

So they have no legal obligation to list all the required terms in the notice?

Just wanted to throw my opt-out experience into the mix here.

1. I sent a return receipt to each of the places listed here as well and I immediately got a call from Capstone Law the same week - almost 10pm at night (they must not have a course on time zones in law school).

2. He sounded extremely nervous/flustered and said that I had to email him to complete the process because I wrote that I wanted to 'opt-out' and 'object' on the letter. I told him I wanted to 'opt-out'. He replied with "Oh, so you don't want the free warranty we're giving you?' I said 'Ummm...no, the metrics that are being used to determine whether or not you will qualify for this warranty/lawsuit are based on the 'bar loss' - in which I have lost zero bars but have already lost major range in one year/15k miles. Therefore I want to keep my options open.'

3. The sheer fact that a lawyer was acting like a sales person in a case to keep plaintiffs in the lawsuit was my determining factor in the whole process - if someone needs to hard-sell me into staying in a lawsuit, my decision was surely correct to opt out.

4. I then reiterated my stance that this lawsuit only does two things:
a) Gives lawyers millions of dollars.
b) Grants immunity to Nissan on your behalf as a consumer to not be liable for future issues.
c) I've stated hundreds of times before the metric of 'bars' on the dash are faulty to begin with - and the fact that I have already lost major capacity just by tracking my miles in the first year (but still have ALL BARS) means this extra year will mean nothing to me - or any person that will continue in the lawsuit.

ANYONE that owns or purchased a Leaf needs to opt-out - please get the word out ASAP.

I am just curious how long it will take for me to get to the point of:
Being able to drive 50 miles maximum on 100% charge.
Battery capacity still shows 100% and no missing bars..........

Just so all here are aware, I think I was one of the first Leafers to have my battery replaced...regardless of any involvment with lawsuit (opting out or not)...the dealer called the "Leaf dept.' checked my battery history, and they got the ok...I had a rental for one day and it was good to go.

They did the software upgrad prior to anything and it still showed 4 bars gone. I live in a hot climate so I was very happy with the retroactive warranty.

Cheers!

tokenride said:
Just so all here are aware, I think I was one of the first Leafers to have my battery replaced...regardless of any involvment with lawsuit (opting out or not)...the dealer called the "Leaf dept.' checked my battery history, and they got the ok...I had a rental for one day and it was good to go.

They did the software upgrad prior to anything and it still showed 4 bars gone. I live in a hot climate so I was very happy with the retroactive warranty.

Cheers!
And if the class action proceeds forward and the tentative settlement is finalized, I'm sure you'll like your $5,000 as one of the two plaintiffs :!: :eek: :shock: :lol:

TimLee said:
And if the class action proceeds forward and the tentative settlement is finalized, I'm sure you'll like your $5,000 as one of the two plaintiffs :!: :eek: :shock: :lol:

I'm sure the class attorneys are even happier. Laughing all the way to the bank! Unless we can stop this. Hopefully enough folks opt out.

Back