San Diego - Current List of Public Charging Stations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
drees said:
Looks like the first eVgo Freedom Charging Station is opening in San Diego Monday:

eVgo Freedom Charging Station Ribbon Cutting

Nissan is excited to celebrate the first eVgo Freedom Charging Station in San Diego launching Sep 30th at Fashion Valley Mall, near the Bloomingdale's entrance. The station supports all DC Fast Charging including the CHAdeMO Standard. Come celebrate with us!

7007 Friars Road, San Diego, California 92108

I was waiting until someone else broke the news....Yes, it's here....And the first SAE Combo DC Fast charger for public use in the region as part of the installation...

We attended an evening work event at Sea World over the weekend - when we pulled in the kid manning the parking booth recognized the Leaf and went out of his way to give us turn by turn directions to the cluster of Chargepoint stations in the middle of the sea of parking, and emphasize that charging was free. We were not in desperate need of juice but 3 of the four spaces were vacant (one ICEd by a Corolla) and it was near the end of the regular hours day, so I figured we'd go ahead and take them up on it to show support for the concept. We have a Chargepoint card (not currently linked to a credit card) which activated the unit, though I reckon we could have called someone to activate if we didn't have the card. It fired up right away, unlocked the plug and we were in business. Got topped up while we were at the event. I didn't know I was supposed to end the charge by waving the card again, I just unplugged.

Overall a very pleasant experience, diminished only by seeing a humungous ICE SUV wedging its way into one of the other spaces as we walked away. That really ate away at me until my attention was refocused by the violent motion of the Manta roller coaster a while later.

Randy said:
drees said:
Looks like the first eVgo Freedom Charging Station is opening in San Diego Monday:

eVgo Freedom Charging Station Ribbon Cutting

Nissan is excited to celebrate the first eVgo Freedom Charging Station in San Diego launching Sep 30th at Fashion Valley Mall, near the Bloomingdale's entrance. The station supports all DC Fast Charging including the CHAdeMO Standard. Come celebrate with us!

7007 Friars Road, San Diego, California 92108

I was waiting until someone else broke the news....Yes, it's here....And the first SAE Combo DC Fast charger for public use in the region as part of the installation...
Someone please put it on Plugshare. I already sent them an email saying that they need to add a CCS option on the "Settings" menu, although based on my past experience of them completely ignoring any attempt to contact a real person there to correct errors I don't expect any action. Maybe somebody knows the secret handshake or at least a more direct way to contact them.

In any case, someone more familiar with the charger location and exactly how to get there should add the site to Plugshare and Recargo (if the latter's still possible; they've had a message up claiming that the "Filter" option would be available by the end of May, and here it is almost October).

There are now 2 "Parkmobile" EVSE's at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. I was there this afternoon and found a black Leaf charging there. No info on the sign or on Parkmobile's website regarding pricing, etc. Anyone know anything about these?

There's a brand new EVGo Chademo/L2 station at Las Americas Premium Outlets, a few yards north of the Mexican border, near the intersection of Camino de La Plaza and Willow Rd. Utility meter is set and energized, but EVSE not yet ready for use. This one has to qualify for public EVSE closest to an international border!

Ah yes...eVgo's latest Freedom Station location in San Diego down at the Las Americas outlet center. Good catch! Testing will be in a few days, and then it will be available for public use...

Don't forget eVgo's special pricing for California drivers...
http://www.evgonetwork.com/special-offers-california/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Attachments

• eVgo2.jpg
    eVgo2.jpg
    334.4 KB · Views: 20
leucadialeaf said:
There are now 2 "Parkmobile" EVSE's at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. I was there this afternoon and found a black Leaf charging there. No info on the sign or on Parkmobile's website regarding pricing, etc. Anyone know anything about these?
We charged there today to check them out. One is out of order (already!) but the other works fine. You need the Parkmobile App and it's $2.00/hour. Don't forget to enter the # sign after the code you are given to start charging. More info posted to Plugshare.

Randy, it looks like the comprehensive list on page one of this thread needs some serious updating. Are you the only one that can edit your post?

The DCFC at Las Americas in San Ysidro worked great this morning! It is a bit out of the way and a long drive back to the middle of town, but if you have business down in that part of the county it's a great bonus. Don't forget to factor in HORRIBLE traffic heading north in the mornings (weekdays).

I just checked with Mossy Nissan in Chula Vista, they have "2" Level 2 stations and No DCQC, no time date as to when they will install a DCQC, I sent them an email to see if they were on any list for future installs.

Fred

The eVgo/NRG Freedom Station DCFC is installed at Premium Outlets (at the Carlsbad Village Drive off of I-5 by the Rubios near the flower field parking), but it was still dark tonight. No idea on time frame for operational status.

Went to the Del Mar Whole Foods, on Via De La Valle, just east of I-5 Saturday. Went to the parking structure behind, and about broke my neck doing a double-take, seeing these two units. Parked at one, only to realize that they aren't ready yet.

This is one of the places EVOasis was going to install their chargers.

EDIT: Damn, meant to add this as a new post to http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5739" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Moderators, feel free to so move.

lonndoggie said:
Went to the Del Mar Whole Foods, on Via De La Valle, just east of I-5 Saturday.

This is one of the places EVOasis was going to install their chargers.

Looks like it's an eVgo station according to plugshare: Flower Hill Promenade, Del Mar, CA (Coming Soon)

What you saw will probably be a single CHAdeMO station, a service kiosk with a 120V outlet on the side and a Chargepoint J1772 station. Where in the parking structure is it?

A little too close to Encinitas to be useful for us, except in those situations where we might get home low on charge and need to head south for a longer drive.

I'm impressed at how many eVgo stations are popping up, that's the 4th confirmed site in San Diego County now. I see why Blink and others were upset at them having to spend all that money to get sites installed.

drees said:
Looks like it's an eVgo station according to plugshare: Flower Hill Promenade, Del Mar, CA (Coming Soon)
Yes, per the title of the post. It's also shown in eVgo's map, as coming soon.

drees said:
What you saw will probably be a single CHAdeMO station, a service kiosk with a 120V outlet on the side and a Chargepoint J1772 station. Where in the parking structure is it?
Ground floor, as you are just entering the structure, on the right. Two identical-looking tall units, one of which was fully assembled, but dark, and with the charger "nozzle" encased in a styrofoam block. The other was missing its front-panel, and its nozzle was, now that you mention it, probably a J1772--but it was also eVgo branded. The two were identical as far as branding and form-factor, but could house different guts, I reckon. I was so excited, I called the number to see how I could get a charge (I've yet to have a DC charge!), only to realize mid-call I was looking at an unfinished unit.

drees said:
A little too close to Encinitas to be useful for us, except in those situations where we might get home low on charge and need to head south for a longer drive.
I'm thinking it might make trips downtown a bit easier--go down, come back to Del Mar and quick charge before going home. The one at that Carlsbad Outlets could work going the other way, for folks a bit further south than us, but they're too close to our home to be effective.
drees said:
I'm impressed at how many eVgo stations are popping up, that's the 4th confirmed site in San Diego County now. I see why Blink and others were upset at them having to spend all that money to get sites installed.
I just wish they had a simple pay-per-charge model.

In other news, across the street from my work three new GE Wattstations went in. The building owners (who also own our office complex) sent out a memo to all tenants letting us know that we could charge, for only $3.50/hr. Gaak!

Back