The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone, I just recently got my own Leaf. I leased an ocean blue 2013 SV with floor mats and emergency/first-aid kit as the only non-stock options.
So far I'm really enjoying it.

BlueZero said:
Hi everyone, I just recently got my own Leaf. I leased an ocean blue 2013 SV with floor mats and emergency/first-aid kit as the only non-stock options.
Congrats. Welcome. Lots of good info on this site.

BlueZero said:
Congrats on the new ride!

We are happy new Leaf owners in Portland, Oregon. A silver 2013 SV with QC and LED, leased very reasonably from the helpful people at Beaverton Nissan. Drove 100 miles on the first day, experimenting off and on with all three levels of charging. Love the responsiveness and handling and the quiet ride. Dealer had a snafu setting up Carwings today (Sunday) so I'll muddle through set up tomorrow. Not sure I really need it, but consider it part of the learning experience. Will be reading the various Carwing threads. These new wheels are primarily for my commute down I-5 between Portland and Salem: I drive about 110 miles each day round trip. Planning on charging at work, don't worry. This forum has been very helpful to me as I have done my research these last few weeks. Thanks to all for the collective knowledge.

After years of being interested in the Leaf, test driving at the drive electric tour in the Seattle area in November 2010, test driving a bunch more, attending a SF BayLEAFs meeting where Kadota-san, Mark Perry and others were present, I FINALLY have one!

I started leasing a blue '13 Leaf SV w/QC and premium package today (2 years/12K miles per year). I wanted the light interior as I really don't like the black interior. Yeah yeah, I know the light interior gets dirty easily. Oh well. I wish Nissan offered something something at sort of the halfway mark in terms of darkness. I think my former 02 Maxima GXE's grey interior was fine.

Most of my drive home was on the highway (101 then 85). I like the ride. It's much better than my Prius and was so quiet. I can see why DaveinOlyWA said that his Prius (he had a Gen 3 last, I still have my Gen 2) feels like a noisy rattletrap in comparison.

I have a LOT of reading and learning ahead of time. The nav system seems somewhat complex is quite different than Toyota's systems.

The free L2 J1772 charging at work is a big plus. I will hardly ever charge at home.

cwerdna said:
After years of being interested in the Leaf, test driving at the drive electric tour in the Seattle area in November 2010, test driving a bunch more, attending a BayLEAFs meeting where Kadota-san, Mark Perry and others were present, I FINALLY have one!
Good to hear, Andrew! Congrats!

^^^
Thanks! I need to still buy a cargo cover. The SV doesn't come with one and Boardwalk's parts dept didn't have any in stock. Taking one off an SL on the lot would've probably result in a non-matching one as my interior is light grey while '13 SLs (because they have leather) are black only.

cwerdna said:
After years of being interested in the Leaf, test driving at the drive electric tour in the Seattle area in November 2010, test driving a bunch more, attending a SF BayLEAFs meeting where Kadota-san, Mark Perry and others were present, I FINALLY have one!
Wow! That's awesome - finally old timer.

cwerdna said:
Wow! It's great to see your sig line change! Enjoy the new ride!!

cwerdna said:
Congratulations!!! :D :D :D
You've been a long time valuable contributor to MNL. Glad you finally have a LEAF! :D :D :D

dsdportland said:
We are happy new Leaf owners in Portland, Oregon. ... These new wheels are primarily for my commute down I-5 between Portland and Salem: I drive about 110 miles each day round trip.
Congratulations on the new LEAF!! :D :D
Good luck with the 110 mile round trip I-5 commute with work charging. Not too many people are willing to take on that distance on interstate. But sounds like you have studied carefully and understand the issues and are prepared for it.

cwerdna said:

Looks like congratulations are in order on both the new LEAF AND the new job! YAAY!

Just got my new Ocean Blue SL last night. It has the premium package and floor mats. I commute about 22 miles a day so it will work well. Tonight I tried to charge it at Whole Foods and there were already two Leafs there. I got to charge briefly while finishing up grocery shopping and found another Leaf waiting when I returned. Whole Foods in Raleigh must be Leaf central.

I made a separate post in the general section (and the lease info), but I'll put mine in here too to add to the "I got my Leaf". Picked up my newly leased SL last night...got it for a song. Looking foward to the next 24 months, this is something waaaaaay outside of anything I've ever done before.

mwalsh said:
cwerdna said:

Looks like congratulations are in order on both the new LEAF AND the new job! YAAY!
Thanks to you and the earlier posters who congratulated me!

I don't plan to buy the car at the end of the lease, unless the buyout price ends up being a good deal at the end (unlikely). Hopefully in 2 years, we'll see reasonably affordable EVs (similar in price to the Leaf) which have significantly more range. (No, I'm not expecting miracles like 200 miles on the EPA test.)

I've so far been "reverse charging". I've only charged @ home for <1 minute to see if the stock L1 EVSE trips the garage's GFCI. The rest has all been courtesy of work. :D

cwerdna said:
After years of being interested in the Leaf, test driving at the drive electric tour in the Seattle area in November 2010, test driving a bunch more, attending a BayLEAFs meeting where Kadota-san, Mark Perry and others were present, I FINALLY have one!
Congratulations! I must say you are one patient man!
surfingslovak said:
Good to hear, Andrew! Congrats!
Andrew! Of course! Another poster who spells their name backwards for their alias. ;)

so out of my 150+ cars Ive owned (95% all sports cars) I just picked up a 2013 SV leaf last week. Already have 400 e-miles lol

I love it. Its a lease for 2yrs. Hoping nissan trows a 250+ range in 2015...

150 cars!! That's incredible! Were you a Nissan fan before the Leaf?

I've owned and loved a 95 300ZX, NX2000 (aka the fastest egg on wheels), Maximas and two Infiniti G20's, all good to great cars...

Picked up my slate SV a week ago and yep, 400 e-miles. Just cracked the 100 miles on a charge tonight too... Congrats on the new car!!

I had a couple of 240sx rest where rx7, rx8 supra and so on.

Im a techie at heart work in IT so yes when the leaf came out years ago I was drooling. But due to the city I lived it did not work out.

I just moved and everything came into place and well I picked up my leaf.

I also trade my wifes 2012 CRV for a Prius. Hoping to get her into the next gen leaf if it does have a range over 200. If not then the Prius does its job.

Back