Wife's new 2013

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CasperNleaf

Picked up a 2013 Leaf SL for the wife about 2 weeks ago. Already have done a few mods:

~LED front marker lights (2x 68 SMD {3202} t10)
~LED license plate lights (2x 12 SMD {3202} t10)
~Incandescent fog lights (2x 55w {3000K-golden} H11)
~Fog light vinyl overlay (yellow)
~Plasti-dip front upper grill indent (matte black)
~LED dome and hatch lights (2x 15 SMD {5050} festoon panel)
~Emblem removal (Rear "NISSAN")
~Window tint (35% front, 20% rear)
~Nissan OEM All-weather mats for MY2011 LEAF (cut to fit)

Notes:
* Festoon dome light dims well. Comes on dim when vehicle is turned off and then full brightness when doors are open.
* Wife loves yellow fogs. I have Morimoto 55W H11 HIDs 5000K with relay harness removed from her previous car that I'll probably install when I get new H11 HID 3000k lamps.
* Need to get better pics

Very nice ... I saw yellow (modded for sure) fogs on a new Focus ST recently and they added even more distinction to that new front end it has. The newer 'mag' wheels on the '13's look better than we got with our '11's and '12's but still prefer those that came with the Juke. I'm avoiding most mod's on the LEAF so as not void any warranties but don't think you'll get into any trouble with the ones you've done.

redLEAF said:
Very nice ... I saw yellow (modded for sure) fogs on a new Focus ST recently and they added even more distinction to that new front end it has. The newer 'mag' wheels on the '13's look better than we got with our '11's and '12's but still prefer those that came with the Juke. I'm avoiding most mod's on the LEAF so as not void any warranties but don't think you'll get into any trouble with the ones you've done.

Thanks. All of the mods I've done can be undone so no big definitely not an issue. In fact I've already undone the on with ignition LED marker lights. Soldered the cut wires, heat-shrinked, and everything. You'd be hard pressed to find evidence that they were ever cut and spliced back together.

It's my first time working with fog light vinyl overlays, it was very easy to cut, apply, and shrink. I imagine it adds a level of protection in addition to the very cool yellow color. I'm not wild about the 17's but IMHO they are a huge improvement over of the other stock options... I would say they're growing on me.

What it really needs is to be lowered but IDK that I'm planning on going that far right now.

Thanks, I may do that but I don't use a front plate. I do have two fix it tickets but they saved me on other violations, I now use double sided tape for visits to the police station.

Back