2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sundancer77 said:
I pulled off on the following deal with Sunnyvale Nissan (mirroring others in the forum)

2013 SV with Quick charge, LED, floor mats

$0 down
$235.61 for 23 months
$395 disposition fee at end of lease

Picked up my car on Sunday and loving it. Thanks to everyone who helped me in getting this deal.
Great job, sundancer77! Down plus total of payments plus Dispo fee for UNDER $6k for the SV with quick charge! Sweet deal! You'll save as much as $4k in fuel costs alone. See you in the carpool lane, my friend!

carolle said:
I also made a 2-year and 12K/year contract at Sunnyvale Nissan. The experience was very good.

SV + Quick Charger

I was able to get around $150 for 23 months + $2000 down + $395 = $5845

However, I have a short credit history in USA, and this was my first car loan/leasing. So, I ended up paying $169 for 23 months, which is around $6300.

In San Jose area, you should be able to get a deal less than $6000, for SV + QC.
Carolle, you did great under the circumstances. I'm really happy for you. You'll be saving a bundle in fuel costs. See you in the carpool lane!

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.

I was able to do all of my negotiations via email and get a fantastic deal on a S model with Quick Charge. My total lease cost for under $5400 (24 months/12000 miles a year) when you include the Dispo Fee.

Once you have made the decision to lease or purchase, I highly recommend that you do your negotiations via email, not in phone and not in person. The dealerships will try everything thing in their power to get you into their shop, even ignoring your email request that you will only discuss via email.

I used the email template shown below and sent it to 5-6 Nissan dealerships in North Metro Atlanta and played them off of each other. You can use Cars.com to see how many Leafs are within a certain area around you. It's a strong negotiating ploy to say there are 200+ 2013 Leafs on dealership lots right now in Atlanta.

When you have negotated you best price and you have confirmed there are no other additional fees, you can bring that email thread into the dealership to finalize the deal. I used the Dispo Fee "non-discolusure" to my advantage to grind down the deal further. When the Finance Manager springs the Dispo Fee on you at the end of the paperwork, you can balk because you had a deal for a different final total lease price. When you think about the Dispo Fee, it's basically another couple of monthly lease payments.

You have to be able to remain calm and just walk away, if necessary. If you live near a big city, there are always other fish in the sea. Despite what they may claim.

Good luck to all.

I'm an Nissan VPP customer. Nissan VPP Claim Number = xxxx, VPP Company Code is: xxxx.

I will be leasing a 2013 Nissan Leaf S this weekend and I'm contacting you now to get your best quote via email for the following vehicle:
Nissan Leaf S with S Charge Package

I'm open to color choices. I will consider offers via e-mail only at this time. Please provide your best quote via email for the car above and do not contact me via phone or request that I come into your dealership.

We have excellent credit. Again, I'm ready to lease now and I don't have a trade-in.

Thanks, Future Happy Leaf Leasee

sonnylax said:
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.

I was able to do all of my negotiations via email and get a fantastic deal on a S model with Quick Charge. My total lease cost for under $5400 (24 months/12000 miles a year) when you include the Dispo Fee.

Once you have made the decision to lease or purchase, I highly recommend that you do your negotiations via email, not in phone and not in person. The dealerships will try everything thing in their power to get you into their shop, even ignoring your email request that you will only discuss via email.

I used the email template shown below and sent it to 5-6 Nissan dealerships in North Metro Atlanta and played them off of each other. You can use Cars.com to see how many Leafs are within a certain area around you. It's a strong negotiating ploy to say there are 200+ 2013 Leafs on dealership lots right now in Atlanta.

When you have negotated you best price and you have confirmed there are no other additional fees, you can bring that email thread into the dealership to finalize the deal. I used the Dispo Fee "non-discolusure" to my advantage to grind down the deal further. When the Finance Manager springs the Dispo Fee on you at the end of the paperwork, you can balk because you had a deal for a different final total lease price. When you think about the Dispo Fee, it's basically another couple of monthly lease payments.

You have to be able to remain calm and just walk away, if necessary. If you live near a big city, there are always other fish in the sea. Despite what they may claim.

Good luck to all.

I'm an Nissan VPP customer. Nissan VPP Claim Number = xxxx, VPP Company Code is: xxxx.

I will be leasing a 2013 Nissan Leaf S this weekend and I'm contacting you now to get your best quote via email for the following vehicle:
Nissan Leaf S with S Charge Package

I'm open to color choices. I will consider offers via e-mail only at this time. Please provide your best quote via email for the car above and do not contact me via phone or request that I come into your dealership.

We have excellent credit. Again, I'm ready to lease now and I don't have a trade-in.

Thanks, Future Happy Leaf Leasee
You hit the proverbial nail on the head. Dealers know that they make more money per transaction on average if they can get you in to the dealership and control the sale on their turf. Most would rather lose some less profitable deals here and there and make up for it with far more profitable deals they conduct on their lot under their terms and under their control. If you aren't on the lot emotion cannot trump logic and you will achieve better results. Great job and great advice to all!

Just leased a 2013 Leaf SV, QC & Led package along with cargo cover, splash guards, floor mat from Stevens Creek Nissan.
2 yrs / 12k miles/ yr
$250 / month including tax, fees and no down payment + $395 disposition fee.
Did use VPP discount.
Tried other dealers nearby, Stevens Creek came in quick and best.

sc540i said:
Just leased a 2013 Leaf SV, QC & Led package along with cargo cover, splash guards, floor mat from Stevens Creek Nissan.
2 yrs / 12k miles/ yr
$250 / month including tax, fees and no down payment + $395 disposition fee.
Did use VPP discount.
Tried other dealers nearby, Stevens Creek came in quick and best.
Deal looks right. Because of the huge inventory in the Bay Area it has been pretty evident that VPP deals and nonVPP deals are going out the door at pretty much the same price, and those prices have been great in the last month or so for all of us! Congratulations!

sundancer77 said:
I pulled off on the following deal with Sunnyvale Nissan (mirroring others in the forum)

2013 SV with Quick charge, LED, floor mats

$0 down
$235.61 for 23 months
$395 disposition fee at end of lease

Picked up my car on Sunday and loving it. Thanks to everyone who helped me in getting this deal.

Does montly payment include Tax? Thanks.

Hi Carolle and Sundancer
Did both of you get the VPP price? I called Sunnyvale Nissan and they said they can't match the price you both got. The quote he gave for approx $2K higher!! BTW, how do you qualify for VPP price? And, do we need to show proof that you qualify when you complete the transaction?

Thanks in advance

I am currently negotiating with a few dealerships here in WI. I started with emailing 5 different dealers, 3 responded with quotes within a day or so, and with a second email, the others did as well.

The first to respond, is presently the cheapest, I will post official numbers after the deal has done, as we all know that things can change once you're on their turf. But unofficially, I'm thinking that I'll be in the area that Allmaggyu's deal on a SV. I have two offers that are comparable, again, I'll know for sure when the dust settles on Tuesday when this deal is done.

I can you tell this...I got my first deal last December and played two Madison dealerships against each other, and it is looking like this time I will be doing it with 2 Milwaukee dealerships. My local dealer here, has no intentions of not getting maximum profit for the one Leaf that they have. That was the same for the first one, as well as my pickup I bought back in 2011.

Like others here, the email that I sent, was the same to each different place. I was very clear regarding shopping for the best price, and told them I was looking for the total money expenditure after a 24 month period, the same as I did in 2012. (Down+total monthly payments+disposition fee) I gave them all the information that they needed, including my present NMAC customer number to verify credit and the loyalty discount. Funny thing, I never offered my phone number, but some of the sales persons were savvy enough to extract it from my NMAC account and call to try to get me into their dealership. After a polite refusal, they then conceded to dealing via email.

This forum thread has been a big help with information and leverage, knowing what others have paid in this area. To all that have posted their deals, thanks. I will post mine on Tuesday/Wednesday.

Hi
Just got this in my email. This is a deal over the weekend only. Do you think this is a good deal? Comes to around $7400. I probably am okay w/ SV + QC Pkg, but SL is not bad :)

2013 NISSAN LEAF SL 4DR AUTO
FLOOR MATS & CARGO
SPLASH GUARDS
50 STATE EMISSION
Lease for $129.00 per month plus tax. On approval of credit.
24 month lease. $3,999 total cash down which includes a $0.00 security deposit; includes $7,500 rebate. Lessee responsible at lease end for mileage in excess of 24,000 miles at 15 cents per mile.

Legolas said:
Hi
Just got this in my email. This is a deal over the weekend only. Do you think this is a good deal? Comes to around $7400. I probably am okay w/ SV + QC Pkg, but SL is not bad :)

FLOOR MATS & CARGO
SPLASH GUARDS
50 STATE EMISSION
24 month lease. $3,999 total cash down which includes a $0.00 security deposit; includes $7,500 rebate. Lessee responsible at lease end for mileage in excess of 24,000 miles at 15 cents per mile.
Legolas, in my previous posts I stated that the going rate for the SL in the Bay Area in the last month appears to be about $3600 to $3700 a year based on people who have gotten 2 and 3 year leases in Sunnyvale. Computation is based on down plus total of payments plus Dispo fee. Your offer is right in line. I personally would try to get closer to $3500 a year and definitely would not want to put $4000 down in case the car is totaled in an accident.

I can't see much urgency in taking this "deal". Also, you should be able to land an SV with QC for at minimum $1000 less if $ is an issue.

Just my opinion. Good Luck!

Corina1231 said:
Legolas said:
Hi

FLOOR MATS & CARGO
SPLASH GUARDS
50 STATE EMISSION
Legolas, in my previous posts I stated that the going rate for the SL in the Bay Area in the last month appears to be about $3600 to $3700 a year based on people who have gotten 2 and 3 year leases in Sunnyvale. Computation is based on down plus total of payments plus Dispo fee. Your offer is right in line. I personally would try to get closer to $3500 a year and definitely would not want to put $4000 down in case the car is totaled in an accident.

I can't see much urgency in taking this "deal". Also, you should be able to land an SV with QC for at minimum $1000 less if $ is an issue.

Thanks Corina. I have been asked to wait until the start/mid of May to get a better deal by Sunnyvale Nissan!! Can wait a week or two to save $1000 :)

Legolas said:
Corina1231 said:
Legolas said:
Hi

FLOOR MATS & CARGO
SPLASH GUARDS
50 STATE EMISSION
Legolas, in my previous posts I stated that the going rate for the SL in the Bay Area in the last month appears to be about $3500 to $3700 a year based on people who have gotten 2 and 3 year leases in Sunnyvale. Computation is based on down plus total of payments plus Dispo fee. Your offer is right in line. I personally would try to get closer to $3500 a year and definitely would not want to put $4000 down in case the car is totaled in an accident.

Thanks Corina. I have been asked to wait until the start/mid of May to get a better deal by Sunnyvale Nissan!! Can wait a week or two to save $1000 :)
I leased a a 2012 SL w/ added leather incredibly cheap last October in San Jose on a closeout. They applied a $2000 Nissan company incentive $ on top of the $7500 federal rebate, and I put $2995 down. So the DOWN on my paperwork appeared as $12,495 down (included 1st payment). My payments are $225 month, with the $395 Dispo fee due at end. Then the state rebated me back $2500 by check. All in all, I will pay a total of $8750 for the 3 year lease! Too bad I can't get another deal like that one.

But I will be shopping for a 2013 SL in San Jose and Sunnyvale starting next month. My daughter needs a car for work after school ends. I will be shopping 4-5 local dealers. I expect to pay $3400 to $3600 a year after rebates, etc.

On a 2 year lease, 12k miles, I am shooting for $1000 down which includes first payment, 23 months @ 245 month for a total of payments of $5635, plus $395 Dispo fee for a total of $7030. If I go 3 years, 12k a year, I am seeking $1000 down (including first payment), 35 months @ 325 month for a total of payments of $11,200, plus $395 Dispo fee, subtracted by the $2500 state rebate for leases of 3 years or longer, for a total of $10,260. These numbers are equal to the best deals I've seen on the base SL so they are my goals to hit.

Oh, the reason for the $1000 down is that when I get into the finance office Nissan told me to pull out my customer loyalty mailer they sent me, give the dealer the vin number on the Leaf I own and that will satisfy the $1000 down! The dealer won't care because its nothing out of their pocket. Nissan Corp pays my $1000 down.

Corina1231 said:
On a 2 year lease, 12k miles, I am shooting for $1000 down which includes first payment, 23 months @ 245 month for a total of payments of $5635, plus $395 Dispo fee for a total of $7030. If I go 3 years, 12k a year, I am seeking $1000 down (including first payment), 35 months @ 325 month for a total of payments of $11,200, plus $395 Dispo fee, subtracted by the $2500 state rebate for leases of 3 years or longer, for a total of $10,260. These numbers are equal to the best deals I've seen on the base SL so they are my goals to hit.

Oh, the reason for the $1000 down is that when I get into the finance office Nissan told me to pull out my customer loyalty mailer they sent me, give the dealer the vin number on the Leaf I own and that will satisfy the $1000 down! The dealer won't care because its nothing out of their pocket. Nissan Corp pays my $1000 down.

Can you please explain this further?

Finally got a Leaf deal in SW florida

13 SV Red. 12k/2 years

$169 a month (includes taxes)
$2000 down (all fees included and first month)
$395 dispo at end

$6282

That was best i could do. Most were around $7200-8000.

How does that sound?

Legolas, in my previous posts I stated that the going rate for the SL in the Bay Area in the last month appears to be about $3500 to $3700 a year based on people who have gotten 2 and 3 year leases in Sunnyvale. Computation is based on down plus total of payments plus Dispo fee. Your offer is right in line. I personally would try to get closer to $3500 a year and definitely would not want to put $4000 down in case the car is totaled in an accident.

But I will be shopping for a 2013 SL in San Jose and Sunnyvale starting next month. My daughter needs a car for work after school ends. I will be shopping 4-5 local dealers. I expect to pay $3400 to $3600 a year after rebates, etc.

Where in Bay area do we get deals like that ? I have been shopping for a base SL here and no dealer has come close to $3500 / year (7000 for 2 years) . I will appreciate any help on getting this deal. Thanks !

sonnylax said:
Corina1231 said:

Can you please explain this further?
Sonnylax, you are referring to the $1000 down? I received a letter from Nissan giving me $1000 toward the purchase or lease of any 2013 Nissan. It was mailed to all previous Nissan Leaf owners (I leased one in 2012). I called Nissan and they said to make your best deal and apply it to your down when you do the paperwork. I like that because I obviously never want to tell the dealer in advance. They have a way of trying to get a piece of it!

Back