Goodbye JOULEE 3 :(

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
drees said:
suzywillow said:
1) Am I eligible (again) for the $7500 federal rebate, now that this will be my 2nd leaf?
Yes.
suzywillow said:
2) Am I eligible (again) for the $2500 CA rebate if i get a 3 year lease, now that this is will be my 2nd leaf?
Yes. But you may be obligated to return a pro-rated of your original rebate as you no longer own your old LEAF. Contact CCSE for clarification.

Thanks Drees!

Additional question. Do you know if I am eligible for Loyalty? I know I am eligible for VPP, so it'd be awesome to have VPP+ Loyalty + federal + CA rebate for my new lease.

Yikes.

drees said:
suzywillow said:
1) Am I eligible (again) for the $7500 federal rebate, now that this will be my 2nd leaf?
Yes.
suzywillow said:
2) Am I eligible (again) for the $2500 CA rebate if i get a 3 year lease, now that this is will be my 2nd leaf?
Yes. But you may be obligated to return a pro-rated of your original rebate as you no longer own your old LEAF. Contact CCSE for clarification.

Exactly.

Don't forget to call Nissan Acceptance and see if there was an overage amount paid by your insurance.. ie, what Nissan said your insurance had to pay to buy off your lease compared to what YOU would have had to pay to buy out your lease. Nissan only coughs up the extra cash IF YOU ASK. It was close to $1000 for me (I forget the exact amount).. It actually came in two checks at different times.

I would have had to wait another 6 weeks to get a 2013 and I was offered a great deal on one of the last 2012s so I took it.. Even though that 6.6kW charger would have been mighty nice!

GregH said:
drees said:
suzywillow said:
Yes.
suzywillow said:

Exactly.

Don't forget to call Nissan Acceptance and see if there was an overage amount paid by your insurance.. ie, what Nissan said your insurance had to pay to buy off your lease compared to what YOU would have had to pay to buy out your lease. Nissan only coughs up the extra cash IF YOU ASK. It was close to $1000 for me (I forget the exact amount).. It actually came in two checks at different times.

I would have had to wait another 6 weeks to get a 2013 and I was offered a great deal on one of the last 2012s so I took it.. Even though that 6.6kW charger would have been mighty nice!

Thanks so much. I'm not 100% clear on what you mean.

State Farm determined that the:

cash value was $23,699.97
sales tax + unused license fees = $233 + $2133
total= $26,065.97

with the $1,000 deductible & 22,699.97 paid to the lienholder (NMAC)

I got back $2366 - $250 in body shop administrative fees. So a total of $2110

Just to be clear - Nissan might have given a more expensive price to buy out the lease to State Farm. If I call Nissan, they will give me the difference?!

That's awesome!! Do you have a phone number for Nissan Acceptance? :D

suzywillow said:
Thanks so much. I'm not 100% clear on what you mean.

State Farm determined that the:

cash value was $23,699.97
sales tax + unused license fees = $233 + $2133
total= $26,065.97

with the $1,000 deductible & 22,699.97 paid to the lienholder (NMAC)

I got back $2366 - $250 in body shop administrative fees. So a total of $2110

Just to be clear - Nissan might have given a more expensive price to buy out the lease to State Farm. If I call Nissan, they will give me the difference?!

That's awesome!! Do you have a phone number for Nissan Acceptance? :D

If you received the CA rebate and did not have the car 3 years? or whatever the time requirement is, then you must refund part of what you got so I am guessing that is at least part of your refund from your Insurance Co. I would call the State to discuss this before you spend the money.

the rest I am guessing would be sales tax

Back