JDM Part # F2809-3NC0A Illuminated Nissan Logo Install Tips

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The illuminated kick plates are even more expensive than the logo.....and I have a set of them on the garage bench waiting to go in. This is what you need and the prices:

Kicking plate clip (76988-JM00A) x4 - 53yen each.
Kicking plate (G6950-3NK0A) (4 pieces set) x1 - 26,323yen.

Your DIY presentation is making this more of a possibility for me.

I have a couple engineer / curiosity questions though if you will indulge me.

Is there a single light source (led) in the raised center of the white piece that goes behind the emblem, or are there many positioned somehow inside the plate?
Hollow? Solid?

Is there a reflective part/ layer to the backing for the white plate. There seems to be something behind the white layer in one of the pictures. (might just be the adhesive)

Thanks

thew said:
nonleafeater said:
Thew, how much are the illuminated kick plates?? Thanks

I will check on that this week end.. And the All around Camera Kit to.. :)

How do you get the software on the Nav to work with the All around Camera Kit modification? I assume once you install the camera device, you will still have to update the software no?

That illuminated logo is awesome.. but... not for $329... I'm 1/2 tempted to go get a nissan hamburger and illuminate it myself!

Its basically a Solid Teflon ring, with Four LED embedded in the molded ring. The LED glow very evenly through the ring. Then there is 3m Auto tape on the back that is activated with a primer wipe. In the center is the path for the wires back to the Motor Compartment.

KillaWhat said:
Your DIY presentation is making this more of a possibility for me.

I have a couple engineer / curiosity questions though if you will indulge me.

Is there a single light source (led) in the raised center of the white piece that goes behind the emblem, or are there many positioned somehow inside the plate?
Hollow? Solid?

Is there a reflective part/ layer to the backing for the white plate. There seems to be something behind the white layer in one of the pictures. (might just be the adhesive)

Thanks

mxp said:
thew said:
nonleafeater said:
Thew, how much are the illuminated kick plates?? Thanks

I will check on that this week end.. And the All around Camera Kit to.. :)

How do you get the software on the Nav to work with the All around Camera Kit modification? I assume once you install the camera device, you will still have to update the software no?

Ill know soon.

I installed mine yesterday with help from your excellent instructions. Much easier learning to read American than Japanese.

There were some detail differences (eg no shims on my cover) and I reused the old logo instead of buying a new one (just used some carefully trimmed double sided tape to fit it.

Looks excellent :)

Onto the kick plates this weekend

Duncan said:
I installed mine yesterday with help from your excellent instructions. Much easier learning to read American than Japanese.

There were some detail differences (eg no shims on my cover) and I reused the old logo instead of buying a new one (just used some carefully trimmed double sided tape to fit it.

Glad to be of Service.. Post some Pics.. :)

Stanton said:
I was all set to do this...until I saw the price :cry:
Now I remember why I don't like mod'ing cars...

I think a Poor mans version can be made.. Four LEDs hidden under the emblem might have a good affect. ..
But I agree.. $$$

thew said:
Duncan said:

Glad to be of Service.. Post some Pics.. :)

professional photo shoot is complete....stand back in awe!!

leaf_logo.jpg

Actually, it really highlights where I need some touch up paint :oops:

Oh it's also worth mentioning that you loose the clock (not surprising) but also your charging and climate control timer when you disconnect the 12v battery. I expected those settings to be saved somewhere

thew said:
Stanton said:
I was all set to do this...until I saw the price :cry:
Now I remember why I don't like mod'ing cars...

I think a Poor mans version can be made.. Four LEDs hidden under the emblem might have a good affect. ..
But I agree.. $$$

I mean the parts cost should be <$20, right (and the LEDs are a small part of that)?? It looks so good though...

Duncan said:
Oh it's also worth mentioning that you loose the clock (not surprising) but also your charging and climate control timer when you disconnect the 12v battery. I expected those settings to be saved somewhere

Odd, I did not loose anything when i disconnected my 12v Bat... yours looks great!

Lost those settings again last weekend...because I disconnected the battery to install this!

from the original grey plastic:
led_front_before.jpg

to stainless, shiny, LED coolness
led_front.jpg

this was the kit, typical Nissan great quality and everything included (except English instructions, but hey I bought it in Japan!)
led_kit.jpg

2 connections required at the a pillar, plus running the cables
led_connectors.jpg

In a lot of ways this was a better mod than the front logo (I've almost never seen it, so I forget how cool it is). Whereas with these I remember every time I open the door, they are impossible to miss with LEDs

That is just too cool! I bet it costs more than the charging lid logo since there's more parts (I shudder to think).
How hard was it to access the 12v connections in the pillar? How much dis-assembly? I doesn't look like the kick-board would be the hard part.

Nice!!

Duncan said:
Lost those settings again last weekend...because I disconnected the battery to install this!

from the original grey plastic:
led_front_before.jpg

to stainless, shiny, LED coolness
led_front.jpg

this was the kit, typical Nissan great quality and everything included (except English instructions, but hey I bought it in Japan!)
led_kit.jpg

2 connections required at the a pillar, plus running the cables
led_connectors.jpg

In a lot of ways this was a better mod than the front logo (I've almost never seen it, so I forget how cool it is). Whereas with these I remember every time I open the door, they are impossible to miss with LEDs

Ahh yes I should have mentioned.

There were some very simple trims to remove but the A pillar has special clips, I assume due to the airbag. The parts supplier warned me I would need 4 new clips and included them in the order. In the end I only stuffed one of the old clips, and now I know how they work I might be able to disassemble without stuffing any next time. It's not super tricky but not straightforward either.

Hi there, I am looking at your web-site to find the backlit logo, but no luck... do you still have any for sale? I would also be intersted in the door sills with lights... they look cool!

Regards

Anders

Back